Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-Semitism In France!

GEORGE W. BUSH RESUME

The White House, USA

* I am the first president in US history to have all 50 states of the Union simultaneously go bankrupt.

Just curious what you mean by this? I don't recall my state declaring bankruptcy....did I miss something? Seriously, I'm not being a smart a$$, I would really like to know.

Just curious what you mean by this? I don't recall my state declaring bankruptcy....did I miss something? Seriously, I'm not being a smart a$$, I would really like to know.

Missy...

I obviously didn't write this piece. I can only speculate that the author meant all 50 states are in financial trouble. Governments, of course, don't declare bankruptcy, no matter how "broke" they get. Unlike the rest of us, they can always generate more income by raising taxes/lowering services.

I don't necessarily stand behind the whole article, by the way (although some of it has certainly been proven to be true). I posted it in response to a similar Web rumor list that Ron cut and pasted, vilifying Bill Clinton. My point was that you could go back and forth with this kind of stuff all day long, and at the end of the day, nothing has changed.

Missy...

I obviously didn't write this piece. I can only speculate that the author meant all 50 states are in financial trouble. Governments, of course, don't declare bankruptcy, no matter how "broke" they get. Unlike the rest of us, they can always generate more income by raising taxes/lowering services.

I don't necessarily stand behind the whole article, by the way (although some of it has certainly been proven to be true). I posted it in response to a similar Web rumor list that Ron cut and pasted, vilifying Bill Clinton. My point was that you could go back and forth with this kind of stuff all day long, and at the end of the day, nothing has changed.

I thought you did write it because you didn't post an author or source.

Anyway, I do know that our state has and has had quite a surplus, which kind of bugs me anyway, why sit on millions of dollars while we continue to pay property taxes through the nose and they (our ND legislature) continue to cut spending for education, and this and that. Doesn't make sense to me.....but I guess they must have some method to their madness.

I noticed nothing on that list that mentions anything negative that Bush has done in the way of environmental issues, yet his record speaks for itself. In fact, he and his boys have all declared global warming not to be happening and have dismissed the scientific community on that subject as just plain wrong. For some reason, Republicans have decided that this is simply an Al Gore political issue.

I can't verify everything on the Bush list, but we know that much of it is true since we have experienced it first hand. It is of the pubic record, whereas much of what was on Ron's list are accusations and half-truths. Clinton's military record is non-existent, but the good things that he accomplished during his presidency are not. Most of the things on Carlene's list can be verified and besides we've all witnessed them. The things that Bush has accomplished while in office are all too obvious.

Clinton's military record is non-existent, but the good things that he accomplished during his presidency are not. Most of the things on Carlene's list can be verified and besides we've all witnessed them. The things that Bush has accomplished while in office are all too obvious.

The thing with that Clinton list is that there is some truth in it. He did what he could to avoid the draft, like LOTS of young men of the time. Admiriable, perhaps not. But it doesn't, as the list proclaims, make him a pardoned federal felon. It's a typical political tactic, take a grain of truth and stretch it to make whatever sleazy point is wanted.

I noticed nothing on that list that mentions anything negative that Bush has done in the way of environmental issues, yet his record speaks for itself. In fact, he and his boys have all declared global warming not to be happening and have dismissed the scientific community on that subject as just plain wrong. For some reason, Republicans have decided that this is simply an Al Gore political issue.
The Reverend Jerry Falwell says global warming is "Satan's attempt to redirect the church's primary focus" from evangelism to environmentalism.

Falwell told his Baptist congregation in Lynchburg yesterday that "the jury is still out" on whether humans are causing -- or could stop -- global warming.But he said some "naive Christian leaders" are being "duped" by arguments like those presented in former Vice President Al Gore's documentary "An Inconvenient Truth. Falwell says the documentary should have been titled "A Convenient Untruth."

Falwell said the Bible teaches that God will maintain the Earth until Jesus returns, so Christians should be responsible environmentalists, but not what he calls ... quote ... "first-class nuts."

From Jerry Falwell's March 5 sermon:

FALWELL: Then there's the myth of global warming. Recently, 86 religious leaders, some of them evangelicals, signed an environmental document for the government, calling upon the government to stop all the carbon emissions and so forth. I mean just, they didn't mean, some of the guys are real good guys, just naïve. We found out last week that the study was funded by the Hewlett Foundation, which is the Number 1 funder of pro-abortion organizations in America. They give Planned Parenthood millions of dollars every year, and they got some of our guys to sign on.

When they called and said, "Will you sign this?" I said, "No". Why?
I said because I don't believe in global warming in the first place, and I don't believe we caused it, and I don't think the science supports it.
And Number 2, I don't want to put my name on the same thing Ron Sider [president and founder of Evangelicals for Social Action] has his name on, and some of these other left-wing people, and that reminds me I'll preach Sunday on the myth of global warming. And a lot of my friends signed it, and now they're embarrassed about it.

From Falwell's March 12 sermon:

FALWELL: And then there's global warming. We're worried about everything melting, and our carbon emissions bringing the temperature up. The world is going to flood, and everybody's going to die. I remember in the 70's when those same people were saying we're in for global cooling. It was getting so cold.
The fact is this whole thing is cyclical, and the scientists who are not on the payroll of the government to do these studies are saying the jury's still out -- there's no such evidence there.
But there are many who want to break the economic back of America by making us sign the Kyoto protocols while China, India, and half the world have said they would not do it.

Falwell also stated that Christians should not love creation, but should love the Creature.

How do these people get away with being so extreme in the name of Christianity? Greed is a very ugly thing. They want power because of greed. And their followers keep pumping the coffers full every week and believing...

I have long believed that one of the easiest ways to get rich quick is to start a religion. Perhaps the Atheistic Disciples of Christ. Has a nice ring...

letheag: I would agree, except for the fact that they've read our Father's good book, supposedly are experts in interpreting the Bible, so I have to wonder about who really motivates them.....

Since they become so rich and tell us that wealth is supposed to be a good thing, all I can come up with is GREED. Especially since so many of them are mean to their fellow humans in the process.

And then there's global warming. We're worried about everything melting, and our carbon emissions bringing the temperature up. The world is going to flood, and everybody's going to die. I remember in the 70's when those same people were saying we're in for global cooling. It was getting so cold. The fact is this whole thing is cyclical, and the scientists who are not on the payroll of the government to do these studies are saying the jury's still out -- there's no such evidence there. But there are many who want to break the economic back of America by making us sign the Kyoto protocols while China, India, and half the world have said they would not do it.
The fact is this whole thing is cyclical, and the scientists who are not on the payroll of the government to do these studies are saying the jury's still out -- there's no such evidence there?

Not on the payroll of the US Government, but on the payroll of Oil and coal companies, and oil and coal lobbying groups!! Or did you forget to mention that Reverend?

lethea g: Blasphemy is bad to be sure. You must agree that greed and meanness deserve our prayers as well, particularly when practiced by men of the cloth. Surely you don't accept their hypocritical behavior just because they present themselves as God fearing religious men. :rolleyes

Forgive my ignorance but were does it say in the bible that global warming doesn't exist? I can't understand why the religious right is so apposed to the concept of global warming. Why would someone lie about such a critical topic. There doesn't seem to be any reason for someone to espouse global warming, there does however seem to be motive for some to prove that it does not exist.

TommyO: That's what I've been saying. Why have they made this into such a political issue? We all know exactly why! And to take constant pot-shots at Al Gore over it is frankly, laughable. The Republicans, I swear, are going to beat themselves in 2008. If they don't figure out some way to at least appear to be better people, the Demos will be able to run anybody they want and get elected.

They do appear to be just a bunch of greedy rich white guys who are misusing their Bible.