Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 3...psychological chalkenges

I'm having a tough time today...still sipping slowly even on my first Protein Shake. I know it's early but just mentally in a bad place today...

Sorry to hear this KCSG! I remember day 3 questioning what the heck did I do? Am I that crazy? Then I reminded myself there is no turning back and pain goes away! I'm 16 days post op and I have lost 26 lbs. It gets easier both mentally and physically as days pass. Just remember to walk walk walk. There's a reason they tell you to do this; 1). Gets things moving 2). Blood flow 3). It just makes you feel better overall.

You'll get through this! I promise!

Deb.

eye on the prize, my friend. This too, shall pass. look at your worst "before" picture, and remind yourself why this will all be worth it.

Day 3 was a bad one for me. Hurt, bored and felt shut in. Drank my Breakfast, took my pain medicine and before I got drowsy, I put on my sneekers and walked around outside. The fresh air and sunshine did the trick. I look forward to those moments when I can go outside between meals and just soak up some sun and walk. I have NEVER liked walking and now...I look forward to it. I am at day day 9 and walked once already and watching the clock for next walk. I said screw it, took my sippy cup, laptop and went and got in the swing. Outside cured my blues. Hope you find something that will cure yours.

I hit mine around day 6... I had a mini breakdown to my sister in law. 90% of the time I feel great, the 10% seems to be overwhelming at times.

Day 3 Woe is me Blues right on schedule :) It gets better trust us.

Im day 4..or 5.. I dont know if I count surgery day as day 1 or not. .

Anyway.. I cried this morning! First time in months probably! I felt sorry for myself because I've been stuck in the house. . Can't eat.. hate the Protein shakes.. and feel weak! Im over it now, but doubt it's the last time it is gonna happen!

One month and 4 days and yesterday I hit a major low. I went to beauty shop for haircut n' do. My hair is still so dry from anesthesia and has not a bit of natural curl. So the girl layered my hair and dried and styled it. TO me it looks like Carol Brady and I drove straight home sat in my recliner and cried. I was hungry and tired of Protein shakes and just cried myself to sleep. Slept through lunch and dinner and woke up about 8 and brushed my hair and made some green Beans and chicken. I popped in movie and it was Water for Elephants and I cried some more.

My cousin called and told me to lift up my chin and know my hair is in shock over the changes and just needs time as my body heals. She told me some things to try differently to spruce up my food intake and I went to bed a little lighter in my mood.