Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeve surgery and PCOS

I was diagnosed with pcos at 20 years old. I weighed about 165lbs then.

I was just sleeved on august 8th 2013 weighing 233 lbs.

I am now 156 LBS and recent blood work shows that I still have

pcos. So discouraging. My cycle has always been a little

off but always monthly. This month I was 2 weeks late. Though

for sure I was pregnant. Nope just my pcos showing its

ugly face. Lol 10 lbs lighter than when I was first diagnosed

hopefully at goal weight of 133 lbs things will improve.

Congrats on your amazing weight loss!

I have had PCOS too for the last 27 years. I'm confused by what test you are referring to that showed you still had PCOS? Testosterone levels?

There is no test For PCOS. It's a collective diagnosis of symptoms. Worst yet, it never goes away, the weight loss surgery can just help improve the PCOS. Excess testosterone is stored in fat, so the theory is if you loose fat, many of the symptoms caused by excess testosterone will improve.

I was able to conceive my two children (now teenagers!) with the help of clomid. I remember all too well the anxiety I felt as a teen and in my twenties thinking I would never conceive. I feel the pain others have in that position. Here's the interesting thing - after having my children, I now get my period every 29 days like clock work! Go figure! This is after never getting it on my own initially or 1-3 times a year for most of my life!

Edited by Bluesea71

The test which I had done years ago to confirm pcos diagnosis with reproductive endocronologist and must recently with my obgyn tests for testosterone levels I think ad well as some ratio LH vs something or another. I guess some drs just dianose you based on symptoms but true pcos will show up in these tests. I have my two kids via ivf so not actively trying to conceive and I know it will never be GONE I was just hoping maybe it just might dissapear like I've heard some say

Well I went for an appointment with an IVF doctor on Thursday. Well he did an enternal ultra sound and has found that I now don't have PCOS but PCO. My ovaries are normal now after losing 49kgs!!! He has done my bloods to check my testosterone levels and the rest. He is very excited to see what the levels are. We are having to go down the line of IUI with the help of Clomid. My hubby works away so IUI is our best option for now.

Just like one lady has said u will never be rid of PCOS/PCO. Ur syntoms will reduce but u can't be cured at all. Sorry to say ladies

Well I went for an appointment with an IVF doctor on Thursday. Well he did an enternal ultra sound and has found that I now don't have PCOS but PCO. My ovaries are normal now after losing 49kgs!!! He has done my bloods to check my testosterone levels and the rest. He is very excited to see what the levels are. We are having to go down the line of IUI with the help of Clomid. My hubby works away so IUI is our best option for now.

Just like one lady has said u will never be rid of PCOS/PCO. Ur syntoms will reduce but u can't be cured at all. Sorry to say ladies

OMG Congrats! I could cry for joy for you!! I have cysts all over both ovaries even after losing 70lbs. I hope and pray for the day that I get my ultrasound and they are gone!! Wishing you well on your journey for a baby!! I had my two girls via ivf a few years back!!

Maybe someone can help me. Yes i will call my dr, but sometimes even they dont know. So since my sleeve in august 2013 I have lost about 76lbs. Its been about 8 months. I have pcos cysts on both ovaries. Funny thing with me is I get my period every month pretty much at the same to but DO NOT ovulate. Yes its possible (It sucks but its possible) Anyway tis month I was two weeks late..convinced I was pregnant but after AF visited I guess I am not. I have been having pains,, not severe just like if i get up too fast or turn over. I guess its the cysts. But my lower abdomen feels distended a bit and bloated. Any ideas what could be there problem. And does anyone know what effect weight loss has on PCOS?

Hi Jules <3 I too have PCOS and I noticed we have the same surgeon - Dr Khayat at SSF Kaiser. I am scheduled to have sleeve surgery April

16th 2014. Would love to stay in touch and compare experiences!

BlueSea71 and photogirls510 I am also at Kaiser SSF with Dr. Khayat as my surgeon! I am scheduled for 4/30. I would love to stay in contact with both of you as well!

Im also having my surgery@ssf kaiser with dr Khayat next thursday april 24. Pls keep intouch

Im also having my surgery@ssf kaiser with dr Khayat next thursday april 24. Pls keep intouch

I have surgery on 4/30 with Dr. Khayat too! Would love to keep in touch with you Jones!

BlueSea71 and photogirls510 I am also at Kaiser SSF with Dr. Khayat as my surgeon! I am scheduled for 4/30. I would love to stay in contact with both of you as well!

I'll say a prayer for you're quick recovery....im really happy for you... Remember the motto sip sip sip walk....

Miss Mojo goodluck with your surgery. Hey did you attend the preop surgery last tuesday @kksf?

Good luck tomorrow!!!! I'm one week out today! The first 24 hours were brutal, but feeling great now!

Miss Mojo goodluck with your surgery. Hey did you attend the preop surgery last tuesday @kksf?

I went to the class yesterday. I was super surprised at how many people in the class weren't doing their Vitamins and hadn't tried Protein Drinks yet! I was up at Kaiser from 12-3:45 with an hour drive each way. Made for a long day.

I went to the class yesterday. I was super surprised at how many people in the class weren't doing their Vitamins and hadn't tried Protein drinks yet! I was up at Kaiser from 12-3:45 with an hour drive each way. Made for a long day.

Ive started taking my Vitamins a month ago and still forget to take em sometimes, then my wife bought me a keychain med holder from cvs pharmacy and now i dont forget taking them, by the way do you know tant kaiser will reimburse you for hotel and gas expenses if you live far away from kaiser?