Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kinda disappointed:(

I had my 1 month follow up today (Thursday will actually be 4 weeks) I started my 10 day pre op diet at 252lbs, the morn of surgery 8/8 I was 240lbs, today I was 226lbs. (Started puréed 2 weeks ago) not doing a lot of puréed meats! I'm sticking with the basics..Greek yogurt, PB, chili, refried Beans, Atkins Protein shakes, isopure! Puréed meat/veggies is AWFUL, can't even look at it!!!

So since week 2-now I've only lost 3.4lbs.

When I talked with the PA Today, she seemed disappointed that I had only lost that little bit of weight, and then ask me WHY I thought I had only lost that amt. It's not like I've been over here drinking milkshakes....these last 2 weeks have been SOOO flipping hard!!! I wish I could get past the puréed look of food, but what am I supposed to do gag myself and throw up every time I attempt to eat....NO! So what is a girl to do I ask? I mentioned maybe a stall (like the 3 wk one everybody talks about) but that didn't seem to be the right answer!!! So I guess I will keep plugging along and hopefully when I go back at 3 months they won't act so disappointed :(

Kim

What's a girl to do? Get the checklist out and see where you are - are you drinking enough Water? Are you getting enough Protein? Are you moving enough? It is also entirely possible it's a stall...

Don't let the PA's attitude get to you. I know in the past I was guilty of allowing other people get me down with their behaviour. But you have done a great thing for yourself in getting sleeved. It is very early days, be kind to yourself, don't beat yourself up and keep your eyes on the prize - stick with the program, which is hard when you are on purée but this will pass.

This is all about you and no-one else - and you can do it. Keep plugging on and show them when you go to your 3 month check that you've got this.... Good luck! :-)

Awww, I am sorry she made you feel bad. But don't let that stop YOU! 3.4 pounds is almost 2 pounds per week, you can't be getting many calories and your body is trying to figure out what is going on. Look at the BIG PICTURE. You have lost 14 pounds in one month. Have you ever done that before? Follow your plan, get your Protein, start walking or exercising, whatever you can do and you will see it working. At your three month you will be amazed at your progress and six months from now you will be thrilled for this awesome step you have taken to better your health and your life!

I've only lost 5 lbs in the last two weeks and I'm also 4 weeks out. Same thing with my husband. I think we're just all in our 3 week stall. It would have been nicer for you if the PA would have known that, but since you know that, maybe just ignore her?

My goodness! That is more than just fine.

Remember that sometimes we may not be losing weight, but inches instead....