Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

can I ask a dumb question - calorie max?

My dietician said after the post op liquids and purees food stages there isn't really a set diet. Right now I let my body decide. .if I'm hungry I eat.

Is there a max calorie I should still be looking at?

Am new to the sleeve and just starting on pureed and just wondering what I should be looking at after that.

Starting weight: 363. Goal: 250. Current: 337

No not really. You will not be able to eat alot out once. You will just have to eat correctly for the stage of time you are in. When did you have the surgery. I am at about 255-260. I started out at 489 and that was 2 years ago. Good luck!

Focus on Proteins first, fruits and veggies second.

As for calories, depending on activity, from 1,200 to 1,500 a day for a guy...

During the pureed stage (and the liquid stage), you really are trying to keep your Protein up (as indicated by Arts above). I followed the instructions of my surgeon/NUT but I do recall that they specified how many calories I should take in. I do remember I was getting about 600 to 800 calories per day during those two to three weeks. My shakes were anywhere from 125 to 160, made with skim milk or a ready to serve. When you go back for your follow-up, ask your surgeon what he/she recommends for your caloric intake from this point forward. Mine said I should be between 850 and 1000.

You must be one tall dude :D

hit the post too quick. I am at 200 pounds and taking in 1100 calories and my weight has not stopped dropping and fast. i am upping to 1200 with over 100 gm Protein. Then again, i exercise about an hour five times a week and 30 minutes the other two days so that must account for something. Once i get close to goal I will have to see what i need to do to maintain.

Not a dumb question at all! My surgeon is like yours - told me not to worry about calories. Just focus on Protein first, then vegetables, then carbs. As with the others, I find that I stay comfortable around 1,000 calories. I am 12 days post-op, 5'8" and 220 lbs. Good luck!