Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

100 mile challenge

I just finished a 10 minute 2.56 mile ride on the recumbent bike. My goal today is to do something I haven't done yet. Break the 10 mile mark in 1 day. My best so far was 9.39 miles this past Monday. Time for a little push! My overall total now stands at 71.7 miles.

I want to challenge everyone to try and push yourself a little further than you usually go today. I hope everyone feels as good as I do! Have a great day everyone!

Let's do this.

Amazing, beautiful day here in the Philly area. Took a 13.8 mile trail ride bringing my total to 78.4 so far. My challenge today was riding a small section of trail that I've never ridden before. It runs next to an old canal and is what is left of the tow path. It's flat but very narrow, only 4-6" in some spots, thus making balance important so as not to take an unintentional swim in the canal. Also I startled a flock of mallards, don't know who was more startled, the ducks or me. That was almost a fall into the murky canal water! Yuck!

pre-surgery weight 325; surgery date 2/28/2013; surgery weight 307; 8 weeks past-op weight 281.4; 12 weeks post-op 274; 4 month post-op 266.2; 5 month post-op 262.6; 6 month post-op 253.2

I'm trying!!! :P

I just put in 10 miles on the bike.

I've got to work off this vacation fog I've gotten into

Total 56 miles I will try for another 10 tomorrow.

Awesome. Two 10 mile days in a row? Be careful. You're in danger of becoming one of those fitness freaks.

Amazing' date=' beautiful day here in the Philly area. Took a 13.8 mile trail ride bringing my total to 78.4 so far. My challenge today was riding a small section of trail that I've never ridden before. It runs next to an old canal and is what is left of the tow path. It's flat but very narrow, only 4-6" in some spots, thus making balance important so as not to take an unintentional swim in the canal. Also I startled a flock of mallards, don't know who was more startled, the ducks or me. That was almost a fall into the murky canal water! Yuck!

pre-surgery weight 325; surgery date 2/28/2013; surgery weight 307; 8 weeks past-op weight 281.4; 12 weeks post-op 274; 4 month post-op 266.2; 5 month post-op 262.6; 6 month post-op 253.2[/quote']

That's cool. It's always exciting covering a new trail. Pretty soon you'll know that stretch like the back of your hand.

Awesome. Two 10 mile days in a row? Be careful. You're in danger of becoming one of those fitness freaks.

Lol no worries about that!

I should admit it was an easy ten miles...

I just got dumped for tomorrow though, my husband got invited to go "real" mountain biking so I'm on my own :( The treadmill and I have a date now

Alright everyone. Y'all are all doing great. It's getting to be home stretch time for me it seems. Day 20.....ran 6 glorious miles on the trail this morning....putting me up to 82.1. I'm going to be a little sad when this month ends' date=' but I have a major surgery to look forward too. As soon as I'm able, I'm going to start back up again. Already looking forward to that. I certainly hope all of y'all keep going an keep pushing the limits of what you thought was possible. I'm already over my typical monthly miles with 10 days to go and I feel terrific about it....my one toe not withstanding.[/quote']

Bean I don't know if you already said, but if I may ask what are you having surgery for?

Fast Day on 5:2 ended a little over 600. But with my 3.17 miles I netted a little over 400. Makes total miles 74.

Updated. Another 1.13 total 4.3 today. 75.17. :).

Every little bit helps!!!

I'm a little over 70 miles today. If I can keep up my average of 3.5 miles a day, I've got this thing nailed. Y'all are keeping me motivated (note the y'all... yes, I'm from the south)!

Bean I don't know if you already said' date=' but if I may ask what are you having surgery for?[/quote']

I'm having my TT on 9/30. That's kinda why I'm doing this...I know I'm going to miss running for a good 8 weeks or so....trying to get my fill. Plus I needed a goal going into my surgery date so I wouldn't just get lazy.

I'm having my TT on 9/30. That's kinda why I'm doing this...I know I'm going to miss running for a good 8 weeks or so....trying to get my fill. Plus I needed a goal going into my surgery date so I wouldn't just get lazy.

Good for you! keep us up to date and how your recovering. I know I'll have to probably have one too. How long did you wait from VS to TT?