Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please dont judge me but.....

I am 7 days post op and am only supposed to be doing liquids but I've been having such hard time getting fluids and Protein in! I'm seriously only taking in 260 calories a day at the most for the last week. I feel awful. So my husband did a very soft scramble on 1 egg for me and OMG it was the best freaking thing I've ever eaten. I chewed really well and it took me like an hour to eat it all but it was so worth it!!!

The reason for liquids is to give your sleeve a chance to heal..Your sleeve is new and small....it has not relaxed yet....You can open it or get a leak very easy at this stage.....

You got away with it though...but think about your body and the major surgery you just had....It is a long road and trust me....Complications are not worth it for a amazing egg at this time.....

You need to allow time to pass so that you will once again have acid in your sleeve to help break down the food..That takes a bit of time for that to start up again after surgery......K

I am 7 days post op and am only supposed to be doing liquids but I've been having such hard time getting fluids and Protein in! I'm seriously only taking in 260 calories a day at the most for the last week. I feel awful. So my husband did a very soft scramble on 1 egg for me and OMG it was the best freaking thing I've ever eaten. I chewed really well and it took me like an hour to eat it all but it was so worth it!!!

My doctor said that he used to start his patients on puréed diet day 3 post op. he has since changed the diet but I wouldn't worry too much. Just remember why you did the surgery gotta have Will power! It gets better once you advance but try your best to stick with doctors orders.

No judgement. You just don't want any food to get stuck in your staples :D

As has already been stated you should always follow the plan set by your dr to avoid complications. That being said a lot of people transition to puree's at 7 days so it probably won't hurt you. Also, your primary concern first has to be getting enough hydration, you need to be getting a minimum of 60 oz a day or you will have problems. Good Luck.

I had chicken, well chewed less then 2 weeks out and I was fine... will be 10 weeks in 2 days!!

As has already been stated you should always follow the plan set by your dr to avoid complications. That being said a lot of people transition to puree's at 7 days so it probably won't hurt you. Also, your primary concern first has to be getting enough hydration, you need to be getting a minimum of 60 oz a day or you will have problems. Good Luck.

Yes, I was cleared for eggs at seven days.

No judgement here but think of it like.......Ya know those movies where all the friends are together and then one goes off to the look for something and a bunch of minutes pass and they don't come back..........And then one of the other friends goes.....looking........(yeah, you know) ever so slowly into the DARK room......(and the light doesn't work either) Who does that........everyone knows you don't go into the dark room....... and of course horrible things typically happen. Well, think of that like your stomach and the Doc's instructions.........don't put anything he told you not to into the dark room..........You don't know what will happen but horrible things can...... :unsure:

Hi I was on pureed foods after I was cleared in xray with no leaks yes every docs different but you have to do what works for you. So everything in moderation. that egg is not going to hurt you.

just pulvorize it when you chew or better yet talk to your doctor. Good luck to you.

So, no judgement here but just an observation and a question. I'm sure that egg was good, the first food I ate once I was allowed was a scrambled egg and it was the best damn egg I ever ate. But if you're having a hard time getting in Liquid Protein, how did you get in solid food? The liquid should go down even easier no? Is it just that you're sick of Protein Shakes by now? That's understandable, I think most of us were. Just go forward from here and know this is the toughest it's going to be. It gets much easier very soon. Stick it out....keep drinking that Water and those shakes. Very soon you won't have to drink them any more.

Just a random question...what DOES happen to our staples in our stomach? Do they eventually dissolve? Rust away? Disintegrate? Or are they there forever? Just curious :)

So' date=' no judgement here but just an observation and a question. I'm sure that egg was good, the first food I ate once I was allowed was a scrambled egg and it was the best damn egg I ever ate. But if you're having a hard time getting in liquid Protein, how did you get in solid food? The liquid should go down even easier no? Is it just that you're sick of Protein shakes by now? That's understandable, I think most of us were. Just go forward from here and know this is the toughest it's going to be. It gets much easier very soon. Stick it out....keep drinking that Water and those shakes. Very soon you won't have to drink them any more.[/quote']

I was similar to the op. liquids were harder to get down then less liquid solids. It went away by three weeks but it sure was hard.

Just a random question...what DOES happen to our staples in our stomach? Do they eventually dissolve? Rust away? Disintegrate? Or are they there forever? Just curious :)

They are typically made of titanium. As in forever and ever.

They are typically made of titanium. As in forever and ever.

I don't like this answer! Lol, I never thought about it much until now... Foreign un dissolving objects?! Booooo