Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay so I went to a bday party and let me say it was so emotional seeing everyone eat. Like I dont mean to pass judgement but they looked like pigs with 2 hamburgers and a hotdog with fixings and handfuls of chips. And I saw a kid drink 3 cans of pepsi within half hour.who does that! Anyways at first I was discusted, then angry, then regretful, then sad. I even almost cried. I know its all in my head and I dont really want that crappy food. Im happy losing over 20lbs in 10days. I just had to get out of there. Anyone else experience feelings like that or am I just crazy??!!

Hi...and yes I have felt like that. I'm going on 4 weeks post op next Tuesday and I've been to 3 gatherings where there has been lots of food and I also have looked at everyone wondering how can they eat so much. Maybe because we get full so quick now it's hard to believe how people can possibly fit all that in their stomach lol but then I remembered that was me not long ago. I have prepared ahead and have taken my own food so I don't have any desire to eat what eveyone else is eating.

Okay so I went to a bday party and let me say it was so emotional seeing everyone eat. Like I dont mean to pass judgement but they looked like pigs with 2 hamburgers and a hotdog with fixings and handfuls of chips. And I saw a kid drink 3 cans of pepsi within half hour.who does that! Anyways at first I was discusted, then angry, then regretful, then sad. I even almost cried. I know its all in my head and I dont really want that crappy food. Im happy losing over 20lbs in 10days. I just had to get out of there. Anyone else experience feelings like that or am I just crazy??!!

I don't think you're crazy - I'd say hold onto those feelings but keep them to yourself. Being disgusted with bad food isn't a bad thing!

It is funny since I started this journey I actually notice other people's eating habits and weight so much more then I ever did before. I use it as motivation to keep going. Good Luck.

All totally normal in your first month or two after surgery. Remember that your hormones are also out-of-whack after surgery, so it's easy to get sad or depressed about these things - even to the point of crying while you watch everyone else eat. But in time, it gets MUCH easier. Hang in there - it WILL get better! I am 70+ pounds down in 6 months and I feel great. I have no problem watching everyone else stuff themselves while I sip my iced tea or eat my freeze-dried edamame. I am down to a size 8 in jeans. Life is good.

I went through a phase of revulsion with the eaters around me. It was like I woke up and my family and friends had turned into disgusting, gorging pigs. I reasoned my way to peace, it was I who had changed. food had come down from it's throne for me, others still venerated it and I had to co-exist.

I can eat with anyone without gagging now no matter how much they put away. I am as happy as a clam with my few mouthfuls and out.

I am another one who went through a phase of feeling repulsed and disgusted watching others eat. It was a weird time! I still get shades of it every so often. I kept my feeling to myself as much as possible but wow, it was pretty intense!

I think it was in part for me learning how to cope with not being hungry. Pre surgery I was always hungry and never felt satiated. Post surgery I rarely feel hunger. I went through the phase I think because I simply couldn't remember what it felt like to be hungry and the thought of shoving my face with bad food made me feel physically ill.

I don't feel repulsed so much now but I am acutely aware of being hyper vigilant around food and this just heightens my awareness of others not being mindful in their food choices. It is hard, because I often want to jump in and say something but I know this would not be well received. I do say it to my husband and daughter though, I know they want to make good choices and that they do not have a fragility around me speaking plainly! They have the same freedom to speak plainly to me given that I am not always mindful in my own choices.

How awesome to realize that type of eating is not for you. I think we can all safely say we have been in those shoes. Now when ever I see a person or persons putting away food or drinks like that I say a prayer for them. I try to remind myself I was there less than a year ago... had bad eating and drinking habits right along with them. I hated when people judged me for being that way.... I remember how it felt.... So I do my best to not judge them. That being said .... I still feel that but keep those feelings to myself. Best Wishes Tina

I also feel repulsed by others' eating. I contain it. The only people that make me sad are my friends who really want to/need to lose lots of weight and need the surgery but can't get it for various reasons.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one!!! I went out for dinner with friends and my sister a couple of weeks ago and I felt sick! My sister is trying to lose weight as she has to but she still put away a 300g steak and chops and other veg. Plus she had 2 pieces of birthday cake! Everyone else was the same! Then I was asked if I want more food after I had finished my little meal! I'm like really??

It's very hard to keep my mouth shut but I do as I was like that 3 months ago

Me too! All I can think of is that would be me if it weren't for the surgery and for that, I'm very grateful. Finally, 4 months out, I now have no regrets. I also notice overweight people even more now.

Lipsticklady sorry for the repost. I forgot there was a rants and raves section and I dont know how to erase a precious post.

At least you were at a gathering... I feel like I need to start seeing the therapist to work on how I deal with food and my marriage. I feel like you felt pretty much everytime my husband eats. I about died a few days ago when he was going to make 4 corn dogs. I don't want to be the food police so I know I need to learn to deal with this.