Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stop eating processed meats...

Everyone knows these are not healthy. Cook your own meat and slice it up. I know lunch meats and Jerky are easy and I get why they are allowed (the assumption that none of us can eat correctly and to re-educate out habits) but the chemicals and nitrates in this stuff is terrible.

Boars head all natural turkey is fine. Also Perky Jerky is ok, no nitrates or fillers at all.

Get healthy, not just skinny! Stay healthy, not just thin.

Or you can do as I did, go to my local butcher at the co-op, where they offer to deli-slice up their already cooked haunches of meat and poultry etc. There meats were hormone free, grass fed, etc. etc. and they did not use salt in their roasting. But I realize I was very lucky and spoiled to have that as an option.

Do you really think it does any good preaching to this group about what to eat. Did this just occure to you now? There are probable a thousand books on whole food and paleo diet and we probably have read them all.

^^really? Don't you read other posts than this one? I was reading this morning and found 4 recent posts with people posting their processed meat diets and diet suggestions of what to eat. Don't like what you read, turn the page.

Yeah I agree all the nitrates and MSG in a lot of this stuff. I look for all natural sliced meats and Jerky when I do buy it. It is a little more expensive but worth it. Nitrates are linked to colon cancer and who knows what else.

Oops...as I just finished my lunch which you advise against. I didn't think about all that. I will admit that I am one that needed the reality check. Good thing we get Boar's Head here.

Thank you!

Oops...as I just finished my lunch which you advise against. I didn't think about all that. I will admit that I am one that needed the reality check. Good thing we get Boar's Head here.

Thank you!

Can u add me on FB

Sorry you missunderstood my post I ment everyone should know this but not many follow. Easy is the problem not many take the time to cook own food we live in fast is better world. Many postes on here about when can I start eating junk again. Good luck getting anyone to listen and learn.

I think many are eating those items because they have trouble with denser chunks of meat. I still have to have any meat extremely moist to the point of adding chicken broth to all chicken and au jus to beef. Now days most people want to grab whats quick instead of taking time to make something healthy. If I don't cook ahead on the weekend then I have to live on cottage cheese & yogurt as my "quick" foods.