Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anybody not hungry?

I know that some people talk about only eating three times a day but you need to eat every three hours to get your Protein in. Good luck.

I disagree with this a bit. It really depends on the person and how much restriction/types of meals they eat/etc.. I have a friend who is quite successfully losing without eating every 3 hours. She eats 3 meals and on her late working days (twice a week) she eats 1 snack in the evenings.

Some of us are meeting our goals at 3 meals eaten for 30 minutes. I am meeting my goals at this point and I never eat more than 3 meals. I even tried to snack (as my Dr said if I get hungry in between). That literally only happened the weeks of my cycle.

I'm leery of people eating too many times a day because for some it can lead back to bad habits of eating meals instead of Snacks all day long.

Edit: Also, because I'm getting all my fluids, I'm staying very satisfied between meals. Maybe once you get your liquids up you'll feel satisfied with less meals per day.

I disagree with this a bit. It really depends on the person and how much restriction/types of meals they eat/etc.. I have a friend who is quite successfully losing without eating every 3 hours. She eats 3 meals and on her late working days (twice a week) she eats 1 snack in the evenings.

Some of us are meeting our goals at 3 meals eaten for 30 minutes. I am meeting my goals at this point and I never eat more than 3 meals. I even tried to snack (as my Dr said if I get hungry in between). That literally only happened the weeks of my cycle.

I'm leery of people eating too many times a day because for some it can lead back to bad habits of eating meals instead of Snacks all day long.

Edit: Also, because I'm getting all my fluids, I'm staying very satisfied between meals. Maybe once you get your liquids up you'll feel satisfied with less meals per day.

Not sure how u do it. At this point (1 week into 4 weeks of soft foods), my instructions say I'm sposed to be eating 3 meals a day, no Snacks. However, I can only eat maybe 4-5 bites and I'm "full", making me hungry within 90 minutes. I counted the calories, adding in 1-2 Protein shakes (I should be doing 2 but usually only get 1 in) and I'd be getting less than 400 calories a day. So I eat more often. I'd like to be able to eat 3 times a day. But I'd have to be able to eat more for sure...

How much can u eat at one time?

Our surgeon said initially, when the stomach is still healing, it would likely be 3 meals plus 2 Snacks. But by 6 months, they want you at 3 meals because by then, you should be holding more in your tummy at each meal.

Not sure how u do it. At this point (1 week into 4 weeks of soft foods), my instructions say I'm sposed to be eating 3 meals a day, no Snacks. However, I can only eat maybe 4-5 bites and I'm "full", making me hungry within 90 minutes. I counted the calories, adding in 1-2 Protein shakes (I should be doing 2 but usually only get 1 in) and I'd be getting less than 400 calories a day. So I eat more often. I'd like to be able to eat 3 times a day. But I'd have to be able to eat more for sure...

How much can u eat at one time?

About 2-3 oz. Not much, but I am literally downing Water ALL DAY LONG. I spend my time, drinking, eating, Vitamins, and bathroom. I also don't have any poop problems because I am washing all this out.

It is tough. But I make between 600-800 cals and most of my Protein. I don't do any Protein Shakes because I can't tolerate them. That could also be why I'm staying full longer - solid protein.

About 2-3 oz. Not much, but I am literally downing Water ALL DAY LONG. I spend my time, drinking, eating, Vitamins, and bathroom. I also don't have any poop problems because I am washing all this out.

It is tough. But I make between 600-800 cals and most of my Protein. I don't do any Protein shakes because I can't tolerate them. That could also be why I'm staying full longer - solid protein.

How the heck do u get in 600-800 calories a day eating 2-3 oz 3x a day with NO Protein Shakes? What r u eating? Pure calories? I've done the math and even with my 2 protein shakes at 250 calories, I can't get in more than 200 calories eating 3x a day. Wow....good job...

About 2-3 oz. Not much' date=' but I am literally downing Water ALL DAY LONG. I spend my time, drinking, eating, Vitamins, and bathroom. I also don't have any poop problems because I am washing all this out.

It is tough. But I make between 600-800 cals and most of my Protein. I don't do any Protein shakes because I can't tolerate them. That could also be why I'm staying full longer - solid protein.[/quote']

Twins mama:

Can you tell me what you mean by solid Protein. I'm 5 days post op and all I can do is liquids - no protein yet I can't hold it down or shakes

I don't get it, how can you guys not feel hungry. Im 11 weeks post op. I'm hungry a lot. Like today I feel like I sabotage my self. Reading how you guys don't get hungry makes me wonder if I'm failing at this weight loss thing :( I've been stalled for GoD know how long. I eat a lot of Protein very little carbs if any and can't seem to brake the plateau.

I also went for awhile where I was not hungry and always felt nausea. I also can't do Protein Drinks. My dr told me to focus on only eating Protein cause I wasn't getting enough, which this I knew. I started buying rotisserie chicken from Walmart and eating chicken and turkey more and it made a huge difference with how I felt. Getting in more protein made a big difference. Good luck to you all!!

Twins mama:

Can you tell me what you mean by solid Protein. I'm 5 days post op and all I can do is liquids - no Protein yet I can't hold it down or shakes

Sure, I eat things like dark turkey meat, very lean steak (yes it doesn't bother me and keeps me really full), shrimp, scallops, and pork. I also have steamed broccoli, cabbage, or green Beans.

Now I reread my last post...I meant 2-3 oz of the protein, I then do like a 1/4 cup of veggies (sometimes if I can get it in). No wonder everyone was in shock. So sorry about that.

Edit: now that's 2-3 oz by volume not weight. I use a measuring cup.

I don't get it, how can you guys not feel hungry. Im 11 weeks post op. I'm hungry a lot. Like today I feel like I sabotage my self. Reading how you guys don't get hungry makes me wonder if I'm failing at this weight loss thing :( I've been stalled for GoD know how long. I eat a lot of Protein very little carbs if any and can't seem to brake the plateau.

I do get hungry if I don't do my Water all day. On the days where I have tons of meetings and can't get to my Water bottle...I FEEL IT!! I've been hungry all along so sure, I get hunger I just do my best to try and stay hydrated.