Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anybody not hungry?

I am five weeks out and having a really hard time eating enough. On most days I eat a yogurt, maybe some unsweetened applesauce and a little cheese. I am just not hungry. I have had horrible nausea which is finally getting a bit better and my sense of smell is intense. Neither of those things help with my appetite. I have tried all of the Protein Drinks and powders and just cannot stomach them yet. I am hopeful this will change as more time passes. I am sure I am not getting enough Protein and probably not enough fluids. This is a tough adjustment for sure!!

Try to ensure you get enough liquids (water) and then Protein. I've found I can't worry about variety.

I do get hungry. That never changed for me. But, my choices are better because I don't do variety. It is hard enough to just get it all in.

Maybe come up with 2 weekly menus then rotate those until you're able to get it all in. Then you can add more menus to the mix. I know I can't make great choices on the sly so I have to plan if I'm going to be successful.

BTW, my nose is still very sensitive to smells. If something does not smell good, I can't bring myself to eat it.

Edit: I also have horrible nausea. I also still throw up when I eat (at least 3 times a week, sometimes daily).

Try to ensure you get enough liquids (water) and then Protein. I've found I can't worry about variety.

I do get hungry. That never changed for me. But, my choices are better because I don't do variety. It is hard enough to just get it all in.

Maybe come up with 2 weekly menus then rotate those until you're able to get it all in. Then you can add more menus to the mix. I know I can't make great choices on the sly so I have to plan if I'm going to be successful.

BTW, my nose is still very sensitive to smells. If something does not smell good, I can't bring myself to eat it.

Edit: I also have horrible nausea. I also still throw up when I eat (at least 3 times a week, sometimes daily).

I'm sorry you're still ill a lot...that's my concern too...I am not a good vomit-er. (is there such a thing as a good one?)

thanks for the tip about the 2 menus...I've been wondering how to handle that. I know I won't make a good choice if I keep trying to throw something together 5 minutes before I walk out the door!

I'm 6 weeks out and still not hungry. I literally have a time schedule for eating, drinking, and Vitamins. I never really had nausea but I can't eat some things I ate before. BBQ just doesn't taste good at all now. There are other things I've tried and didn't really like but I can't remember what exactly at this moment. Oh, fruit juice was another big one. I can't stand anything sweet.

Jamie

I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL I HAD TO TIME MY SELF EVERY TWO HOURS BECAUSE I'M NEVER HUNGRY,BUT THE KEY TO LOSING WEIGT IS EATING,AND YOU HAVE TO EAT IN ORDER FOR YOU WEIGHT TO CONTINUE TO DROP,THAT WILL PREVENT STALLS,I PRAY THAT YOU FEEL BETTER IN TIME IT WILL GET BETTER,,sorry about the caps :)

I get hungry, but then full up fast, and a lot of foods make me queasy. I don't through up, but they make my stomach turn. eggs, chicken ... Lots of stuff I am supposed to be eating makes me feel sick ish.

We have set our alarms and eat at 7 am, 11 am, 3 pm and 7 pm whether we want to or not..most of the times. We skipped our 3 pm once and it was not pretty. Both of us light headed, hungry, cranky :)

I cannot STAND frozen berries in shakes which we used to have daily before surgery. I am not super happy with the 4 times a day Protein shakes but a) I down them as though they were medicine, and try not to care about the taste, which they are in fact. And b)I try to make appetizing Soups with either enough Protein in them, or we up the protein content with unflavored Protein powder.

1 more week of full liquids before we can do soft foods. Maybe that will be easier.

I get hungry, but then full up fast, and a lot of foods make me queasy. I don't through up, but they make my stomach turn. eggs, chicken ... Lots of stuff I am supposed to be eating makes me feel sick ish.

This so much explains my situation...except I do throw up. Most all of the "safe" foods are not safe for me. I was sooo disappointed to not be able to do yogurt and some of the other go-to foods.

This so much explains my situation...except I do throw up. Most all of the "safe" foods are not safe for me. I was sooo disappointed to not be able to do yogurt and some of the other go-to foods.

What does your doctor/NUT say about the throwing up? Sad that you're still having that after all these weeks. (((Hugs)))

Roasted edamame is a blessing! Yum! Doesn't make me feel sick! 14 G Protein in a quarter cup and 7 g fiber!

What does your doctor/NUT say about the throwing up? Sad that you're still having that after all these weeks. (((Hugs)))

Basically that while it is not common it is also something they see from time to time with post-ops. Right now, they have me just avoid the foods that trigger me. Unfortunately it can be a food that is safe today and then tomorrow keep me running to the bathroom.

I have had to go back a stage a few times to reintroduce foods. My Dr thinks within another week I see should much less vomiting. So, I'm holding out hope for that.

Basically that while it is not common it is also something they see from time to time with post-ops. Right now' date=' they have me just avoid the foods that trigger me. Unfortunately it can be a food that is safe today and then tomorrow keep me running to the bathroom.

I have had to go back a stage a few times to reintroduce foods. My Dr thinks within another week I see should much less vomiting. So, I'm holding out hope for that.[/quote']

I gotta tell you, you amaze me. You have plateau'ed more than a lot of people. You're dealing with vomiting. And you are always upbeat and positive. You inspire me to be a lot less whiny than I want to be :)

I have not felt hungry since my surgery date and while I haven't thrown up I have felt on the verge a few times this last week.

I have found there are things that I liked before that I absolutely cannot stomach now. Haven't had the smell thing yet but who knows since I am just two weeks out.

I am five weeks out and having a really hard time eating enough. On most days I eat a yogurt' date=' maybe some unsweetened applesauce and a little cheese. I am just not hungry. I have had horrible nausea which is finally getting a bit better and my sense of smell is intense. Neither of those things help with my appetite. I have tried all of the Protein drinks and powders and just cannot stomach them yet. I am hopeful this will change as more time passes. I am sure I am not getting enough Protein and probably not enough fluids. This is a tough adjustment for sure!![/quote']

It has been five weeks since my surgery and by the second week I was eating what ever I wanted to like before surgery but just not as much. The Nutritionist told me that by not eating every three hours and sipping on fluids that this has caused me to stall with my weight loss. I have lost 25 pounds but gained 5 pounds back and have stalled, if I had kept up with the weight loss like I was I could have lost 40+ pounds. Now I have a Kidney stone because they said I was not drinking enough fluids. I know that some people talk about only eating three times a day but you need to eat every three hours to get your protein in. Good luck.

No such luck. The no hungriness only lasted 10 days for me. And u can't convince me that its acid and not hunger.I've been feeling hunger for 46 yrs, I know what it feels likel plus I take my PPI faithfully.

Consider urself lucky...