Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved august 8th and still hurting to drink?

I was sleeved August 8th and I am still having pain with drinking its like a bloated sharp pain it also hurts just sitting here ? Not sure if this is normal and if so when does it go away ? Also having a bit of difficulty watching my family eat food . It's been incredibly emotional and I find myself wanting every food I see .... I feel like I'm withdrawing from food .......

Hi, I can totes relate! I had mine on the 7th and have had similar issues. I find that if I get up and go for a casual walk outside for only a few minutes, I feel better and am able to burp the excess air out that I managed to swallow when I drink; I feel somewhat relieved after. I have felt hungry, but to alliviate this, I take a large sip of the choc Premier Protein shake, and it will go away for a little while. I have also tried a few teaspoons of unsweetened applesauce or regular Jello to help me out. When I see my family eating, I do sometimes want a bite, but then I remember that I did this for a reason, and that this liquid thing is only a temporary event; eventually we will be able to eat reguar foods again but in much smaller portions. All the foods we like will be there when we're able to eat them again, although some of them will not taste as good or go down the way they used to. I hope this helps and that you are abe to hang in there, don't get discouraged, this will all pass! :)

I was sleeved on 08/07 and I have had head hunger as well. However i still struggle to get my fluids in daily. I feel really good otherwise. How long are you on full liquids?

I still haven't felt hungry, and I had my surgery on Aug. 1st. I'm still on full liquids for another 11 days. I'm really not having any difficulty getting fluids down as long as I go slow and take small sips. Soup goes down better then cold or room temp drinks. Popsicles are the easiest. My instructions were 1 week Clear Liquids, 2 weeks full liquids.

I have also struggled to get in my daily fluids , I know there is no way I could eat that stuff I just find myslef thinking about it a lot . I'm on liquid until Friday then I can do soft / puréed foods ! I am hoping that helps with the head hunger issue !

I had this for a long while (couple of weeks). The further out I got the better I could drink until around 4 weeks I was almost able to gulp. Understand that you are still so newly sleeved. Your entire body went through a change.

Also, your throat could have gotten sore during the procedure. That is fairly common, so that may need to heal too. Give it some time and you'll feel back to normal.

If you notice you cannot drink at all, then I'd say call your Dr. Good luck to you!!

Congratulations on your surgery! Head hunger.. .no surgical option for it. I remember being home from the hospital and thinking "oh my god. . is every commercial about food????" I was lucky in the fact I didn't have to watch anyone else eat my first few days home. I focused on me. Water didnt' sit well for me for a while. I tried Vitamin Water Zero and it was so much better. Also warm liquids went down easier. If you are allowed full liquids, you can try heating your milk with chocolate Protein powder for a "hot cocoa" It was much easier for me to tolerate the first week.

It will get easier, be well!

I can have 2-3 tbs Protein Shake 5 times a day but the rest clear liquids .. I said the same thing I think every other tv commercial is a food one ! Trying to stay positive already down 14 pounds !

I too am having head hunger but not actual hunger. I'm deff still hurting alot and I was sleeved the 6th. I struggle to get fluids and Protein in. I bought Isopure it's good protein but I can't stand the taste honestly.

I was sleeved 8/8. Each day has been better. Just takes a while to get in all the fluids and Protein. And head hunger? I could eat the dog :). Lots of Soup. I had to be on clear liquids for 2-3 days, then full liquid with at Keats 60 g drinkable protein. Starting tomorrow I can gave puréed foods. Looking forward to a scrambled egg.

I was sleeved early morning Aug 9 and i am still hurting. Went to dr office and had drain removed today in office, that was painless! Ttok a deep breath in and felt nothing praise God! They say alot of the pain comes from the drain and im so glad its gone now :-). I have had real nausea for the first time since i got out of hospital on Day 2, this is Day 4 for me. Still gaseous and walking helps with gaspains from both ways for sure.

I was sleeved early morning Aug 9 and i am still hurting. Went to dr office and had drain removed today in office' date=' that was painless! Ttok a deep breath in and felt nothing praise God! They say alot of the pain comes from the drain and im so glad its gone now :-). I have had real nausea for the first time since i got out of hospital on Day 2, this is Day 4 for me. Still gaseous and walking helps with gaspains from both ways for sure.[/quote']

I had surgery on aug 8th...It takes me alllll day to drink 1 Isopure and I don't really even finish it. I start at 9am taking small sips all day and at 1030 pm tonight I still had a 1/4 of the bottle left..never mind getting Water in..or chicken broth..just worried about my Protein intake and water intake not being enough...

I had surgery on aug 8th...It takes me alllll day to drink 1 Isopure and I don't really even finish it. I start at 9am taking small sips all day and at 1030 pm tonight I still had a 1/4 of the bottle left..never mind getting Water in..or chicken broth..just worried about my Protein intake and Water intake not being enough...

I was sleeved the 6th and in the same boat. Trying glucerna or boost today to see if that will make a difference.

I am now 16 weeks post open and it sucks I am happy that I am down 90 lbs but am so hungry and thristy its crazy I never did the whole Protein thing cause just doesn't mix with me but everyone different my thing is will I ever eat will I ever not throw up everyday or is this my life for ever cause I don't like it am so sad and depersest cause of this I love the way I look am kinda up set that everyone says am to skinny I mean I don't know I just want some one to let me know does this get better please help

First, congrats on your 90 lb loss. That's awesome. I wonder if why you feel so bad s because you didn't follow the food stages. My dr says even if I follow the stages he sets out, sometimes folks have to step back to the previous stage a little longer. Have you talked to your dr?