Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did they give you any omeprazole? If not' date=' get some fast! That will help the acid and hopefully the nausea. I had bad nausea for the first 4 days. It does pass.[/quote']

Thanks so much, Chrissy! I do have Prilosec and will make sure to stay on top of that! :)

My recovery has been much tougher than I expected. :( I was in the hospital 3 days, two nights. LOTS of gas pain; couldn't pee, so they had to insert a catheter. The smallest sips of anything (including water) make me dry heave which is incredibly painful. My poor mom is doing everything she can to make me comfortable, but I'm still in so much pain. She is trying to push fluids, but every time I try I get the worst heartburn feeling ever and nausea. Been walking a lot but it doesn't seem to help much...the doctor said my surgery went "beautifully" and that he "couldn't have made a nicer sleeve"...just wish I was feeling better. :( How is everyone else doing?

I hope you will feel a bit better today. I have been feeling a bit rough too. Band to sleeve revision on the 19. I'm still having pain, terrible gas, and worrying about it all. I made myself go sit out in the sun for a while, and that helped. My goals for today are sip, walk, shower, and sit in the sun a few times today. This surgery was harder than my band surgery. It's reminding me of the c-section I had years ago. I'm just trying to stay postitive and be patient for the days in my future when I will feel good again.

I hope you will feel a bit better today. I have been feeling a bit rough too. Band to sleeve revision on the 19. I'm still having pain' date=' terrible gas, and worrying about it all. I made myself go sit out in the sun for a while, and that helped. My goals for today are sip, walk, shower, and sit in the sun a few times today. This surgery was harder than my band surgery. It's reminding me of the c-section I had years ago. I'm just trying to stay postitive and be patient for the days in my future when I will feel good again.[/quote']

Thanks so much, Mich! I hope your recovery becomes smoother also. I got up early and took my max dose of pain pills along with a Prilosec and went for a walk. Felt a little better afterward! At least I'm able to sip Water today and not feel nauseous. We can do this!!

Thanks so much' date=' Mich! I hope your recovery becomes smoother also. I got up early and took my max dose of pain pills along with a Prilosec and went for a walk. Felt a little better afterward! At least I'm able to sip Water today and not feel nauseous. We can do this!![/quote']

If you can, ditch the pain relief. That's another major cause of nausea when you have very little in your stomach. I had to make a choice, pain or nausea. I chose pain.

If you can' date=' ditch the pain relief. That's another major cause of nausea when you have very little in your stomach. I had to make a choice, pain or nausea. I chose pain.[/quote']

Thanks for the advice! I don't like taking pain meds, but I had a pretty tough recovery and the pills I'm taking now don't make me nauseous, thank goodness! I'm doing much better today, even ate half a sugar free pudding cup and have been getting my Water in. :)

Thanks for the advice! I don't like taking pain meds' date=' but I had a pretty tough recovery and the pills I'm taking now don't make me nauseous, thank goodness! I'm doing much better today, even ate half a sugar free pudding cup and have been getting my Water in. :)[/quote']

Excellent. It never seems like it will end at the time. Bit it does :-)

You know' date=' the strange thing is, I had no gas pains at all! Very odd. Mind you, I was burping for Britain afterwards! Lol! I had the single incision procedure, I wonder if that made a difference? Answers on postcard please....:-)[/quote']

Gas pain not bad. I had one incision site, I have been burping since the surgery. I've been fine in 5 days out, I did throw up today but I think I ate something I wasn't supposed to.

Hello to all my 8/19 mates! I hope everyone is progressing nice with your recovery. I have to admit, for me, the first 24 hours after surgery was the worst. LOTS of gas pains. I still get them occasionally but not as much. I have been walking and have not had any issues keeping down my liquids and proteins...you just have to sip slowly! I even went shopping with the wife yesterday for about an hour. I followed her slowly holding on to my own shopping cart. I started to use the handicap scooter but decided it was a great time for some exercise walking. So far so good and down 7 pounds since surgery day. Everyone keep on the liquids and the walking!!!

Gas pain not bad. I had one incision site' date=' I have been burping since the surgery. I've been fine in 5 days out, I did throw up today but I think I ate something I wasn't supposed to.[/quote']

Ah, a fellow single incisioner! Where did they put yours? They put mine just inside my navel so the scar doesn't show too much. Obviously I can't compare my experience to those who had 5 or 6 incisions but did read that the single incision causes more pain afterwards. I wasn't sick but did get bad nausea for about 3 days afterwards, until I stopped taking my pain meds..... That might help you?

Ah' date=' a fellow single incisioner! Where did they put yours? They put mine just inside my navel so the scar doesn't show too much. Obviously I can't compare my experience to those who had 5 or 6 incisions but did read that the single incision causes more pain afterwards. I wasn't sick but did get bad nausea for about 3 days afterwards, until I stopped taking my pain meds..... That might help you?[/quote']

I didn't have much pain but my incision is in my navel and is now a pretty big hole. I didn't no how long it will take to close.

If it's a hole then you need to get medical attention. Mine was stitched underneath the skin and the skin glued. Sounds like yours has come undone. I did have a small section that took is time healing but it's now pretty much there. Go and see your doctor before you get an infection. X

Hi everyone! 8-19 was my big day and it went well but I developed a infection in my intestines while in the hospital so I had to stay 5days... I'm just starting to feel a lil better. One of my incisions kills me, when they stitched it closed the dr. Said they must have hit a nerve. Because all my other incisions are fine. Having a lil struggle trying to get my Protein in hope everyone else is doing well!!!!

This week I have developed diarrhea, with the cramping and goosebumps. I went from what I would say was normal loose stools every 3 days (liquid in, liquid out right!) to 3-4 times a day urgent diarrhea. (could it be b/c I am on purees now?) My doc had me on a daily colace and I am cutting that out today, but I am miserable and can't leave the house. I start work on Monday so need to get a handle on this NOW.

I only hit my 60 oz Protein goal 1 day and have never hit my 64 oz Fluid goal, pushing myself today to do both in hopes that it will help me. Anybody else having this problem?

This week I have developed diarrhea' date=' with the cramping and goosebumps. I went from what I would say was normal loose stools every 3 days (liquid in, liquid out right!) to 3-4 times a day urgent diarrhea. (could it be b/c I am on purees now?) My doc had me on a daily colace and I am cutting that out today, but I am miserable and can't leave the house. I start work on Monday so need to get a handle on this NOW.

I only hit my 60 oz Protein goal 1 day and have never hit my 64 oz Fluid goal, pushing myself today to do both in hopes that it will help me. Anybody else having this problem?[/quote']

Have you sought medical advice on the diarrhoea? I was on liquids only for 3 weeks after surgery but was told I could have anything as long as it was a liquid so started blending Soups. I was back to normal stools within 5 days. I didn't ever suffer cramping or goosebumps though. Also, I haven't managed to get all my fluids or Protein in since I started and it hasn't done me any harm. Pinch the skin on the back of your hand for about a minute. If it takes ages to go back down when you let it go, you are dehydrated and need to get more fluids in. If it pings back almost immediately, you're ok. Also, a nice milkshake counts as fluids and protein so is a good choice. Hope this helps.

This week I have developed diarrhea' date=' with the cramping and goosebumps. I went from what I would say was normal loose stools every 3 days (liquid in, liquid out right!) to 3-4 times a day urgent diarrhea. (could it be b/c I am on purees now?) My doc had me on a daily colace and I am cutting that out today, but I am miserable and can't leave the house. I start work on Monday so need to get a handle on this NOW.

I only hit my 60 oz Protein goal 1 day and have never hit my 64 oz Fluid goal, pushing myself today to do both in hopes that it will help me. Anybody else having this problem?[/quote']

I had diarrhea, with cramping and nausea. I'm lactose intolerant and couldn't tolerate whey. Maybe you are having some intolerance to something.