Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, I guess this is going to be my gastric sleeve story.

I know I'm excited. This wait is torture though!

Alright I'm having my first issue guys! I start my 2 week Protein Shake pre-op diet on August 31st. So..........I guess I've sort of had my last hoo-rah of sorts with food. I haven't went all out but lets just say I'm not making the best choices. Is this normal? I know I should be getting ready for my future diet but my god this could be my last cheeseburger people!

A lot of people have these sort of "food funerals" as I've seen them called. I'm sure if you type it into the search you'll see all sorts of things. I'm going thru the same thing but not nearly as bad as before every other diet. I've actually lost ten pounds and I think great, less I have to lose later. Hang in there!

Welcome to the forum! Lots of great information out here, I started on here at least 6 months before my surgery and it's a great resource. The sleeve is an amazing tool that has allowed me to actually listen to my hunger ques and only eat when I'm hungry (imagine that!?!) This was something I just couldn'd do before.

As far as the food funerals, I didn't go crazy with it, but there were some favorite foods/places that I made sure I ate the week before my pre-op diet. But don't think of them as "I'm never going to eat this again", but instead "I can't eat this for a while and then I will eat this only in moderation". That is my outlook. I'm 3 months out and can eat about anything, but I'm able to control myself around these foods now. (It's amazing!) And some things, like fast food, french fries, etc, that I LOVED before, I really don't like now. So that's a good thing!

I definitely have had the "food funeral" and ended up feeling horrible hahah. That will serve me right. Good luck travis. I start my prep diet in 7 days exactly eeek

I definitely have had the "food funeral" and ended up feeling horrible hahah. That will serve me right. Good luck travis. I start my prep diet in 7 days exactly eeek

Glad I'm not the only one! It got BAD there for a couple of days. We should stay in touch, I'm assuming your surgery date is around mine?

I'm getting the food funeral under control, now I just need to stop with the sodas. I hadn't had one in a couple months and now I'm having a couple a day. I know once I have the surgery they are a no-no but again I guess this is my last hoo-rah. Been hitting the gym with weight training like I always have done. I need to somehow incorporate more cardio into my routine but I struggle unless it's a competitive game.

Good Luck! I am only 2 weeks post-op, so still trying to figure everything out.

Welcome to the forum! Lots of great information out here' date=' I started on here at least 6 months before my surgery and it's a great resource. The sleeve is an amazing tool that has allowed me to actually listen to my hunger ques and only eat when I'm hungry (imagine that!?!) This was something I just couldn'd do before.

As far as the food funerals, I didn't go crazy with it, but there were some favorite foods/places that I made sure I ate the week before my pre-op diet. But don't think of them as "I'm never going to eat this again", but instead "I can't eat this for a while and then I will eat this only in moderation". That is my outlook. I'm 3 months out and can eat about anything, but I'm able to control myself around these foods now. (It's amazing!) And some things, like fast food, french fries, etc, that I LOVED before, I really don't like now. So that's a good thing![/quote']

Good idea. I love Chinese so that is exactly what I am going to do

Well just got some surprising news today. My surgery date had to be moved from September 13th to September 9th. So I start on my liver diet tomorrow. Holy crap!

Mine got moved to the tenth! I have to start my pre op diet in 5 days. Just went to the anaesthesia pre op today and signed all my paperwork. One more blood test and I'm good to go!

Good luck! You will do great!

You are so lucky to be able to have this chance so young. I wish I could have had it in my 20's!

GOOD LUCK!!!!

What time is your surgery?

That morning at 9:00am.