Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does anyone have dreams they wanted to accomplish after weight loss?

So many! I love Disney, and they have some amazing half marathons that I really want to participate in. There's one run that is 10 miles and is villain themed, and you run at night!

I'd also just love to ride around on a cruiser bike and enjoy biking around town to run errands.

And I've always wanted to take up boxing! Can't wait to start. :)

It seems that most of us have some of the same dreams. I have a few things that I dream about and cant wait to see the dreams come alive. 1. Cross my legs and feel sexy doing it. 2. Where high heel shoes 3. Go to Great America and ride the rides 4. Go shopping in stores that do not carry a 2x or 3x in it. 5. Enjoy sex again 6. Dance without my knees hurting 7. Feel comfortable in a airplane seat 8. Feel comfortable sitting in chairs with arms. 9. Wear shorts and short dresses 10. Last but not least to like clothes shopping again. :D:D :D :D

Wonderful dreams that are turning into reality!!! Shopping for all my cute clothes and fitting my shoes correctly, wearing my high heels. :)

Seeing all these things have made me realize just how big my list really is. I want to be able to go shopping with my best friend w/o getting tired. I want to be able to go places with my husband without having to worry about wether the seating will accommodate me. I want to be able to go the my God sons ball games without having to worry about wether ill be able to make the walk to stands. I want to shop in an actual store and not online bc I'm too self conscious for a store. I want to be able to walk my dog. I want to cross my legs while sitting in a chair with arms that i usually wouldn't even fit in. I want to go to the beach and be able to make it to the Water w/o a struggle. I want to wear shorts in public for the first time in years. I want to put on my first pair of hight heels and strut my stuff. This is just the tip of the ice burg and I've always been to embarrassed to say these things. Thanks for giving me a safe place to talk about it.

I would like to wear something I love. And that is designed well. And is made out of decent fabric. Not, out of crappy, expandable material which if you're too close to any form of heat source, could burst into flames at any moment. I would also like to buy those clothes in the very high-end shop I recently walked into who, with a sneering look, informed me; 'No, we don't stock any sizes like that. The absolute highest we go is an 18 and I only think that's available in one top in the MaxMara range'...(I walked out stifling tears)

I would like to feel 'slinky'.

I would like not to sweat when I stop walking, breath, think, etc.

I would like not to feel 'lesser' as a human being, in comparison to other women, for not being able to conquer my food/PCOS demons.

I would like any compliments I receive to not to be 'back-handed'. So if I'm allegedly 'beautiful', for it not to be prefixed with 'You're a big girl, but... <insert 'beautiful' here>

I would like not to be lying in my bed right now, hearing the people in the flat above me having conjugal relations. I KID YOU NOT!!! Arrrgh, I gotta go get ear plugs!!!

I want to learn how to scuba dive and visit beautiful waters with my family. I want to not worry about the strain and stress I am placing on my cartilage-damaged knees. I want to know that my husband and I will live long, active, lives together and that I'll get to see my sons living happy, honorable lives.

I want to never worry about whether people see me as someone who has no will power. I want to have the same success at weight loss that I have had with everything else that I have been driven to achieve.

I never want to see MYSELF as less than, because no matter what I do, I can't win this weight battle.

I live on the beach and have a daughter that is a competitive surfer and instructor. Guess who her next student is going to be!! That's right me!! I have sat on the beach and watched her for years yearning to do it myself. By next summer I plan on getting out there and surfing with her!! Can't wait!! :)

i want to run for office and feel proud of my brochures, banners, and lawn signs as opposed to being ashamed.

I love this thread! I had this idea to make myself a NSV Bucketlist (a list of things from my obese life that I want to eliminate). A lot of the things you guys want to do are exactly the kind of stuff I'm thinking of including. I loved the one about painting toenails! I think eventually I may forget about the little things like that and just take them for granted. I want to come up with a bunch of those sort of things so I can look back at the list when I'm trying to lose those stubborn final pounds and feel inspired. I hope someday I'll look at my completed list and think, "Wow, I can't believe that was my life!"

I love this thread! I had this idea to make myself a NSV Bucketlist (a list of things from my obese life that I want to eliminate). A lot of the things you guys want to do are exactly the kind of stuff I'm thinking of including. I loved the one about painting toenails! I think eventually I may forget about the little things like that and just take them for granted. I want to come up with a bunch of those sort of things so I can look back at the list when I'm trying to lose those stubborn final pounds and feel inspired. I hope someday I'll look at my completed list and think' date=' "Wow, I can't believe that was my life!"[/quote']

That is a great idea! I'm just now starting my journey so I'm going to start now and add to it as I think of things.

Dreaming of some knee high boots! Must have been 30 years or better, I've been waiting to repeat that experience.

I've always wanted to learn how to surf, that and do a cartwheel!!

Hit the theme parks with my daughter and go on all the rollercoasters, scuba dive, parasail, Water ski, horseback riding, and paint my toenails without having to come up after each toe because my stomach is cramping up!