Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

august sleevers home how is everything

My surgery date was Aug 9th 2013... I had an amazing experience at my surgical center. No nausea very minimal pain. I was off the pain meds by the 2nd day. 12 days out now and feeling great.. I have returned to all of my normal activity and work. I have a slight irritation in the abdominal region when I bend over but I'm assuming this is just the muscles healing.. I'm on the food plan from my surgeons dietician... Which moves me forward about every 4-7 days.. Mon I was about to add: apple sauce, low fat milk, pudding, cream soups... Still no CHEWING!!! I think that is the thing I'm struggling with the most.. I miss it so much. Any one else having this issue? I'm on a pretty tight schedule w/ my self trying to get in all my Water and Protein intake... Gosh it's hard. When ur not hungry at all you just can't even get a Protein Shake down... Any thoughts or ideas??

Two weeks out today. Feeling pretty good. Returned to work part time today. Getting tired of the shake and love not shots but otherwise no gas or pain. I get my fluids in really well but I have to remind myself to eat. Just not too hungry these days. On the positive slide, I'm down 10 since surgery, so with the 13 pre-op I'm down a total of 23. Some folks noticed but most haven't seen me since May (I'm a teacher) so I don't think they remember. Also, i go for my two week followup tomorrow and hope i get cleared for soft foods! Hope everyone else is doing well!

August 2nd here, have not taken any pain meds since august 2nd. I hate meds. Its been great I feel fine. I could have went back to work after a week. On average I get 50 grams if protien and 50 oz of Water.

HW 283

POW 254

SW 245

CW 231

I had surgery on Aug. 1st. I'm back to work and doing great. Looking forward to starting soft foods on Saturday. I'm not having any problems getting my fluids or Protein in. I'm so happy with my decision to have this procedure done. It can only get better from here.

Sleeved Aug 13. Not much pain or gas, but feeling weak this past week, which IS starting to get better. Having a hard time getting in all the liquid and Protein - just not hungry/thirsty. I do fear dehydration and other probs associated with not enough protein though. Was hoping to feel better by now, but still kinda laying around the house - taking short walks every day, but can't go far = way less than before surgery. Trying to stay positive though. Just started "full" liquids yesterday, which includes my Protein Shakes and creamed Soup - but even 4 oz. makes me so full. I know I'll get there, its just... ugh...

I was sleeved Tuesday and came home yesterday. Battled nausea quite a bit, and still do on and off. "Real" food sounds and smells so good to me, and broth makes me want to gag. I can really only tolerate Decaf tea with a little honey, and plain ice Water. Anyone else feeling like this?

I was sleeved Monday 8-19, came home today-Wednesday, and feel sore, have nausea off and am tired. The worst part was the IV believe it or not. The tubing came out and although I felt it, it was not painful. My wrist and hand still hurt, my stomach is sore all around the front, kills me to stand up or sit down. (more painful than my gall bladder removal, less painful then a C-section) I am hoping nothing is straining when I do. I walk, pee, l have a few sips of something (tea, water, juice) and then lay back down. But each time I walk, it's a few more steps, so I figure that's good.

8/19 I came home yesterday, concentrating on fluids mainly, my surgeon said I may not feel hungry for about 10 days post surgery and to just drink a protien meal, I am allowed pureed now, it has to be a smooth custard consistancy and I follow that for 3 wks. My husband has made me a batch of butternut squash and corriannder Soup, I have frozen it in portions, I can manage about 3 tablespoonsful per meal and I have to try this 4-6 times a day. I have made a strawberry rasberry and banana smoothy mixed with milk to get some protien in, it is the 1 st drink in a morning, takes me a couple of hrs to drink around 3 oz but its going down and giving me some goodness. I haven't had any problems keeping anything down, I am tender around my incisions but that is to be expected when you, ve had major surgery. Just gentle walking is what my physio advised. No running before you can walk, listen to my body if i, m sleepy have a nap under no circumstances am I to lift anything as we are healing on the inside and scare tissue can accur if I overdo it. Feel that I am healing properly 4 days post op now and feeling good. :-)

I was sleeved august 15, started having back pain recently. It's pretty bad. Mostly in the middle my back, aching muscles. Never had this pain before. Maybe from rapid weight loss and now I am carrying myself differently? Any other back pain sufferers?

I was sleeved august 15' date=' started having back pain recently. It's pretty bad. Mostly in the middle my back, aching muscles. Never had this pain before. Maybe from rapid weight loss and now I am carrying myself differently? Any other back pain sufferers?[/quote']

OMG, my back pain is TERRIBLE! I actually would feel really great if it weren't for the back pain! Mine is on the right side only, and goes from the area of my back right under my breast and down to my tailbone. It's so bad! I feel your pain (literally)!!

Sleeved on the 12th, down 25# including my pre-op. Still on cleat liquids, getting sick of the Protein Drinks. My follow up appt. is on the 29th. I'm looking forward to the next phase of the diet.

I was sleeved on 8/16 and was home the next day. Pain hasn't been too bad and is almost gone now! I still struggle to get my liquids and Protein each day too. I just do as much as I can (coming closer to my liquid and protein goals each day)! I've been walking in the evenings and it feels good to get moving! I can't wait to have puréed foods in a couple of days! I never thought I would say that! Lol! My weight has been up and down and I'm ready to see it keep going down. My heaviest was 233, day of surgery I was 217. Came home the next day and I was up to 222. As of today I'm at 210. 80 more to go! I got this! I'm enjoying the journey and I feel great! I'm so glad I made the decision to get sleeved! I can't wait to see the weight coming off! Best wishes to everyone in their journey!

I was sleeved wed 8/21 in MX and flew home fri 8/23. Today is Sunday and things have been pretty much text book for me. I also am not getting my Protein in but I know once i'm off Clear Liquids it'll be a lot easier. Liquids in general are fine I'm getting SF popsicles, SF Jello, Water, herbal tea, apple juice, broth (I hated the broth so I started to drain cambells chicken noodle Soup it is wonderful.)..... off all pain meds. Working tues....thinking that may have been a bit soon, but there is no replacement so my clients need me. All in all, things are good.....I just hope it keeps up.