Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just made 6 months post-op (yay I am a veteran?).

I don't really know what I am asking with this, but here I go.

Lately, I have just been really disinterested in food. I open the fridge, look at it, and nothing seems to spark my interest. Don't get me wrong...I definitely get my calories in...on occasion I even get 1500 calories when I reach for a treat.

I try to imagine eating it and nothing seems to want sound good or filling even. I started just reaching for my Quest bars and Protein Shakes because they seem to be the only things that satisfy me and make me full.

I am hungry.

I don't really know what is going on with me or my body. I am hungry. I want to eat. I want to be fulfilled, but I don't know...

I am starting to shy away from stuff that feel uncomfortable also...like the dense things like chicken etc. I tend to eat things that are easier going down like filet mignon and poke (raw fish). Just thinking about the food being in my throat turns me off.

The bad part of this whole thing is when I do reach for the things that are easier going down. Sometimes they are good high Protein things when it is available and sometimes it isn't...like crackers and cheese.< /p>

Anyone have ideas or suggestions? Has this happened to anyone else?

I am still working out 6 days a week. I am still losing weight and making progress. I am just worried that this will continue and it will affect my eating habits and eventually my fitness level because I need to be able to get my calories, protein, and Water in.

This is normal for the phase you are at - consider it a blessing and take advantage of it to maximize your losses. There are threads that talk about this on the main forums, but bottom line I recommend viewing food as almost a prescription - take it like medicine.

This phase was hugely valuable for me in getting past some of my food abusing issues.... at 18 months out food appeals to me but without the insatiable hunger, without so much emotional attachment.

I'm going to try thinking of it as medicine...thanks

Thats what I did as well. I actually had piles of Protein Drinks that tasted bad, but I drank them for the protein... medicine. Didn't want to waste the hard earned money spent as well. Now just about everything tastes good.

I am at 14 weeks and also have no interest in food. My schedule made it easy for me to miss meals, not drink enough, and get in my Protein. Once I saw this spiraling out of control, I met with my nut who helped my wife and I plan our meals which has helped tremendously. She suggested, I make a to-go bag which fits into my briefcase. I have a ready made Protein Shake, Protein Bars, almonds, a bottle of Water. It really helps me keep on track when I am away from home. I still have no interest in food but at least helps me not miss meals and meet my nutritional goals. Good luck to you.

Yes. I just recently noticed that I've been having trouble eating super clean because I no longer love to cook. I used to live to cook. I stock my car with Quest bars and Protein pudding. My hubby and I have been eating out a lot. I hate eating out because it's stressful for me. I think of the money I'm wasting, the food I'm wasting and it takes me twenty minutes to decide. I still try to make healthy choices when eating out, but it finally dawned on me that my disinterest in food had affected many other aspects of my life.

I'm just over 6 months and noticing the same thing. Nothing sounds good. Nothing is appetizing. I have zero desire to eat anything. What isn't helping is I'm not hungry. I don't feel hunger. Not even head hunger right now. I know one of my meds can cause apatite loss. But this feeling is making it so hard for me to eat. I do Protein shakes so I get something. But if I didn't force myself, I could probably go a few days without eating. And that is a slippery slope I don't want to go down.

I miss food. Not like it was before. But just the tiniest desire to eat something would be nice.

One extreme to another. Neither of which I particularly enjoy.

Pity party table for one?

Oh that's me right here.

At times I found I just needed to treat fool like medicine. I needed it to live, to thrive, so I ate what I needed to... cooked and measured and counted. Ate my veggies and fruit and Protein. My hunger came back stronger later. Occasionally my hunger is really down, but it only lasts for a meal or two. Usually, I love food, and eagerly plan what I will cook/eat in a day.