Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 2 and I may have already over done it

Sleeved on Friday. In an attempt to ensure I wasn't going to end up dehydrated, I may have pushed too many fluids. Just spent the last 25 mins walking up and down the hallways at home, feeling like there's an elephant sitting on my chest, who also happens to be using his trunk to inflate my stomach simultaneously.

What's a realistic liquid goal for this early on? I did also drive 12 hours to get us home today so tired and perhaps not attributing the cause of my discomfort accurately I don't really know.

Sleeved on Friday. In an attempt to ensure I wasn't going to end up dehydrated' date=' I may have pushed too many fluids. Just spent the last 25 mins walking up and down the hallways at home, feeling like there's an elephant sitting on my chest, who also happens to be using his trunk to inflate my stomach simultaneously.

What's a realistic liquid goal for this early on? I did also drive 12 hours to get us home today so tired and perhaps not attributing the cause of my discomfort accurately I don't really know.[/quote']

I was drinking 64 ounces by day three but it took me all day 8 AM to 2 AM.

I'm 6 days out and got 53 ounces in yesterday. I too was wondering if I pushed it too much for fear of dehydration.

How much Water are you drinking at a time? You should be sipping rather than taking big drinks. Larger size drinks will make you feel like your esophagus is on fire, I have done it a few times when I haven't drank anything for a bit and it always catches me afterwards.

How much Water are you drinking at a time? You should be sipping rather than taking big drinks. Larger size drinks will make you feel like your esophagus is on fire' date=' I have done it a few times when I haven't drank anything for a bit and it always catches me afterwards.[/quote']

I'm taking little thimble size sips, two at a time, then taking a few minutes off and trying again.

Try and sip through 64 oz from rise to bed.

Try and sip through 64 oz from rise to bed.

What's been a revelation in just a few short days is how much better you feel each day. First day we couldn't even do ice chips. Second day we couldn't even really drink 2 sips at a time without discomfort. Today we just finished 4 oz of Syntrax fuzzy navel each via slow sips. Our bodies are amazing little machines, aren't they?

I was drinking 64 ounces by day three but it took me all day 8 AM to 2 AM.

Wow. I guess I better get started!

I'm 6 days out and got 53 ounces in yesterday. I too was wondering if I pushed it too much for fear of dehydration.

Did it make you uncomfortable? I was miserable last night. I thought of it as good training for when I accidentally eat too much later, or rather a good reason to not overeat because by golly, it hurts.

Overeating is really easy to do and something you have to evaluate at every meal until the physical response from the sleeve stabilizes. This is really important once you move onto solids. I believe that the physical response of being full stabilizes by month 3 or month 6 at the latest. Before then it is important to remain vigilant in portions size.

After a while, you develop an intuition to be able to distinguish the physical response from being satisfied versus being full. Eating a portion size to being full is a precarious habit to get into because it leaves you very close to sliming or uncomfortable feelings in the chest or lower in the digestive track. That is where the power of the sleeve as a tool comes in. It will force you to eat within clearly defined boundaries. The boundary of being full is different for every individual, depending on anatomical make up and size of bougie used for sleeve. It is important to listen to your body closely to understand your own boundaries.

Most people will receive full signal by either small burps, hiccups, runny nose or something else. My full signal is a series of small burps. You want to stop eating before receiving this signal and that takes time to develop a natural intuition. However, once you key in on what it means to be satisfied, then eating is indeed pleasurable and there should be no shame in not being able to finish your portion sizes. That leaves more food for another meal or perhaps some scraps for the dog.

After month 6, I find that most days I can eat 3-5 ounces of dense Protein and 1-2 ounces of veggie. However, some days I will stop eating within an ounce of Protein left or all veggies still remaining on my small plate because being satisfied is so much better then being full and having to deal with sliming or pain.

You can divide up your meals during the day to be every 2-3 hours in order to eat smaller portions to satisfaction and not get hungry in between meals. The body is designed to respond more efficiently in terms of overall health and especially metabolic rate when meals are small and do not cause any major rise or drop in insulin levels. For example, I eat on average 7-8 small meals a day where 2-4 are consisting of real food and 3-5 are consisting of Protein shake, bar or some other supplement.

It is a learning curve. I do ok with the Water and Protein. I eat greek yogurt for Breakfast with a touch of apple sauce.that gets me 17 grams of protein! Also everyone is right sip. It's hard if you were more of a chug drinker. I was and have to catch myself. Also have to remember to wait 15 to 30 mins after you drink a few oz to eat.a couple times I forgot and ended up vomiting slightly. Only time I real did it. But is getting better!