Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hgh and muscle cells

I had a short, but very interesting conversation with my SIL's husband and boyfriend last night with regards to lifting and strength building. Our discussion went into the use of hgh in addition to their side effects. One of them used to be a trainer, but has since let himself go. The other is like myself: small waist, broad shoulders and strong. He has also been lifting for a long time and he has the muscle to show for it.

He also explained that each one of us are born with a certain set of muscle cells that can not be changed, except with supplements like hgh. Lifting essentially only affects the muscle cells we are born with. It does not create new muscle. things like creatine and bcaa help build those existing cells that are broken down from lifting.

I have a decent amount of muscle, but nothing huge and there are natural limits to which I am not able to break through. With all the perfect dieting, sleep and workouts I do with my trainer and at home, I am still limited compared to other guys who are born with a natural inclination for more muscle and strength. Busting my ass month after month is only going to grow my existing muscle cells so much. I have never missed a workout for 5-6 days a week in the last 7 months. Do not get me wrong, i am proud of the body i have been sculpting and the weight i can lift with regards to lifting my own weight in pull-ups, push ups, rope climbs, etc and more tradition lifts like 350 lb dead lifts, 150 lb overhead lifts and 250 lb bench presses. There is a huge difference of where i was 7 months ago and today. The amount of lifting I do has shaped my muscles and has given them real definition, but they are still only a certain size and there is only a certain amount of strength i can build.

Hgh fascinated me as a way to build more muscle that I am not born with. However, both guys went on and on with some really interesting stories of the side effects of hgh on guys they have lifted with in the gym. Essentially, hgh can cause weird undesirable growth (moobs, abnormal chins and foreheads, etc) and ligament issues in addition to the desired muscle pump and strength building.

hgh is something I want to research more. Should it even be considered as a way to break through natural barriers at we are born with? Can you give me some more information on hgh in a manner that cuts through all the noise found on the Internet? Having this conversation with both last night was very enlightening to say the least. At this time, I have always been a non drug lifter. 100% Natural in terms of supplementation (creatine and BCAA). Would you consider hgh an unnatural drug with regards to lifting and getting strong? Appreciate any knowledge sharing from research or personal anecdotes of using or being around it.

http://www.doctoroz....ake?page=3#copy

Dr. Oz, not a big time bodybuilder, but the article was interesting.

The part that caught my eye:

What are the actual results seen in research?

The largest review of trials with HGH demonstrate that long-term use of growth hormone caused an average 2.3 kilogram (about 5 lbs) loss of weight, 2.6 kg (5.6 lbs) loss of fat, 1.4 kg (3 lbs) increase in lean body mass, and no consistent change in bone density. Patients feel generally better, as seen in quality of life scores.

Sounds great. Shouldn’t everyone take it?

There are significant potential side effects to HGH therapy. Known side effects include increased swelling, joint pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, insulin resistance and increased risk of diabetes. The potential effect of HGH to promote cancer growth remains controversial. People who purchase HGH illegally may be getting tainted or impure products, which are potentially dangerous.

Seems a pretty big risk for a few pounds. At he end it tells who it is best for:

Who should use human growth hormone?

Human growth hormone is approved for children with HGH deficiency or who have diseases that cause short stature (such as Turner’s syndrome), and adult patients with proven HGH deficiency, muscle wasting due to HIV, or short-bowel syndrome.

Abnormal foreheads? Permanent Klingon? :o:D

WHY!!! What do you need the extra weight for it causes joint problems just like fat. I use to dead lift 550 bench 350 and squat 500 now walking and bending down are painful at best. Four back surgerys and one knee surgery and the only thing the muscle did was make the cuts larger. Take what God gave you and be happy.

Gman - yes, I have heard stories of permanently getting a bulge on the forehead. That would be very strange.

Big- I would like to be able to deadlift 500 and bench 350. I am going to compete next summer so need to get my max up and up.

Think you need to take what your friend says re genetics with a pinch of salt. He may be right but there are those who say we can cross any genetic barriers with the right training - it's the training that stops the progress that you might achieve if it's not right for your body.

There's a lot of noise out there because there isn't a definitive answer to the basic question as to whether we are genetically predisposed to only a certain amount of muscle growth or not - and no way to prove what our pre-programme is.

For what it is worth, I wouldn't touch hgh with a barge pole. Look more into ways of innovative training and just make sure you aren't in a rut with your programme. It's very easy for your muscles to get into the routine and give up cos they know what they are doing - regularly shock and awe them into submission! Weightlifting, even heavy weights, doesn't mean you are strong, it just means you have developed the muscle need to lift big weights - and being strong is the best basis for building muscle and definition.

As a woman, I am usually found working out next to guys who are shocked to see a wee thing like me working with the same weights as them... and I bet I could beat them at arm wrestling ;-) Good luck, persevere but no hgh yet....

Fiddle.............is adding extra muscle or breaking through a few lifting plateaus worth the side effects? I'm not trying to talk you out of it, just wanting to make sure you think this through completely and know about all of the possible negative side affects vs possible benefits. Don't make any hasty decisions here........"Be cool man, be cool, everybody just be cool. Don't do anything crazy". I personally don't know much about HGH other than what I hear in regards to baseball and former athletes that used it and such. Just educate yourself as much as you can to make sure you'll not make a decision that you'll later regret.

Also, I'm not saying that the guys you spoke with are wrong about people having a certain potential ceiling in regards to muscle. Again, just inform yourself and know that there are many varying opinions and studies out there in regards to fitness/strength. And at the very least, just make sure you've given yourself enough time and a chance to grow naturally before resorting to more drastic measures. I think you're doing great bud!

Fiddle....you may have already read some of this, just a little info that you may find helpful. Have you tried increasing your GH naturally?

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/naturally-boost-growth-hormone-testosterone

For me, I think the joy in accomplishment is doing the best with what you have. If we measure ourselves against others, we see that there's always someone bigger, faster, stronger (and YOUNGER) lol. You sound really fit and healthy. There's a lot of people out there who's switch places with you in a hearthbeat, as you are right now!

Personally, I wouldn't play with fire when it comes to basic body composition. Our systems are all linked and planned to work in concert. Your muscle mass has to be supported by your bone density, vascular supply, nutrition etc. Best of luck in your competition!

Fiddle....you may have already read some of this' date=' just a little info that you may find helpful. Have you tried increasing your GH naturally?

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/naturally-boost-growth-hormone-testosterone

Excellent read! I am going to launch some research starting with the information in this article.

For me, I think the joy in accomplishment is doing the best with what you have. If we measure ourselves against others, we see that there's always someone bigger, faster, stronger (and YOUNGER) lol. You sound really fit and healthy. There's a lot of people out there who's switch places with you in a hearthbeat, as you are right now!

Personally, I wouldn't play with fire when it comes to basic body composition. Our systems are all linked and planned to work in concert. Your muscle mass has to be supported by your bone density, vascular supply, nutrition etc. Best of luck in your competition!

Yeah.......what he said! :) You put that well "2Big".....some really good points made there!

I had a short' date=' but very interesting conversation with my SIL's husband and boyfriend ......[/quote']

Ok.....am I the only one who thought your SIL had a husband and a boyfriend? :)

Fiddle.....there may be limits to your potential, but man you've only been at this for a matter of months. You haven't peaked yet. Keep working. You've got alot of room for growth still. I know you're willing to put in the work. Time and effort is all it takes.

Thanks BTB. So far progress is going well and I have worked hard for it. I get jealous sometimes of those guys that naturally have a ripped body. I will get there. How long does it usually take a person of average size ( myself, 7 months ago) build into a ripped guy ( e.g one of the Spartans from 300)? I am always working on strength during the week and have a very clean approach to eating in order to optimize results.

Oh, and I have 2 SIL. I suppose that should have been made more clear! :)

Fid, all I'm going to say is if you're going to go that route, get a damn good doctor. Don't listen to what anyone says unless they've taken that road. Most people think they know something because of what the government or someone told them somewhere at some point in time. Get a great doctor who will work with you for what you want, they're out there you just have to look hard, and pay a lot. Genetics are brutal, someone said you can work through them, well, ya can't. You just can't. What you're naturally given, is what you've got.

Mark-Actually, I have decided not to go down this route of hgh because the risks are just not worth it. I like who I am and what I have accomplished in terms of strength in the last 1/2 year. If I am not destined to be super strong, then so be it. However, I do think anything is possible with the right training, hard work and dedication. I already have excellent nutrition and a well thought out fitness plan working in my favor, a trainer who cares about my training goals and success in addition to an excellent support system. And discipline is my middle name. That is enough to stay motivated to fight the good fight every day.

I think ultimately, that's the best choice to make. To me, this is a hobby. Yeah I can load up on anabolics and what not, but the risk of losing my life, or having major medical issues down the road just isn't worth it at all. Keep working hard and busting ass, you'll get what you deserve.