Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How did you decide your goal weight? did your doctor guide you?

I am 5' 3" and for me to be in a healthy bmi my highest weight is 140. I figured that would be a good choice. But I am not sure if it is realistic. The last time I was that weight I was a freshman in highschool. I am very small on top and always carry my weight in my bottom. Am I setting myself up for failure or will it be maybe not be as hard to get there. I am 6 months out. Have shrinkle legs and the flying squirrel arms. As I joke about it. Is it going to take plastic surgery and an estimated $16,000 to get me to an ideal weight?

Any feedback would be great.

I picked a number outta the blue.

And as far as being rebuilt. GO to Mexico. That's where I am going and I will be rebuilt from the weight loss surgery to the tummy and boobs and arms and legs for under 12K

Lol! Shrinkle legs :P

I've been going through this the last couple of days (including shrinkled thighs)

I picked a number in the healthy BMI range.

I'm now wondering if I will make it or if I should beat myself up trying to get there.

So I'm not much help :D

But I I'm thinking its best to feel good about yourself and that isn't necessarily tied into a number on a BMI chart...

i'm 5'3 too.. when I started this journey.. i was being too idealistic and set my goal at 122.. right in the middle of the BMI chart.. my mom and I have pretty much the same body type, build and height.. and she weighed 180#s when i had my surgery.. she went on the liquid diet and part of the post-op diet with me for moral support.. "love her!!".. anyways.. i saw her shrink.. and at 160#s she looked awesome.. and as she went lower.. it made her look like she was sick.. so i re assessed my goal to 145 (given my age).. its slightly higher than the healthy bmi range.. (mom is currently maintaing at 162#s and feels a lot better than when she was at 156)

nothing is set in stone.. we can always evaluate our progress and update our goals depending on how we feel..

nothing is set in stone.. we can always evaluate our progress and update our goals depending on how we feel..

Amen

This is a chart I post now and then when people ask about goal weight. It takes age into consideration, it may help you. Sorry guys I have not found a male equivalent .

post-20605-13813668408417_thumb.jpg

{And as far as being rebuilt. GO to Mexico. That's where I am going and I will be rebuilt from the weight loss surgery to the tummy and boobs and arms and legs for under 12K}

I'll be ready for some remodeling next spring and would like to find an excellent plastic surgeon and recovery center in Mexico. It sounds like you have already done some research on this. I hope you will share your findings with us. If you don't want to "go public" feel free to private message me.

This is a chart I post now and then when people ask about goal weight. It takes age into consideration' date=' it may help you. Sorry guys I have not found a male equivalent .

[/quote']

Thanks, uk Cathy!

Jamie

This is a chart I post now and then when people ask about goal weight. It takes age into consideration, it may help you. Sorry guys I have not found a male equivalent .

post-11419-13813657122212_thumb.jpg

I love that chart Cathy! Being forty seven, it put me a lot closer to a normal weight!

UK Cathy, thanks for that fantastic weight chart. It's very realistic and encouraging to see goals for "real women"

post-11419-13813657122212_thumb.jpg

Thank you for the chart. I will watch it I am 37.