Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today was my last follow up appointment I needed per my Insurance's request. All paper work will be submitted tomorrow to Aetna and the waiting game begins. Looking to have my surgery sometime early September, but my family (mainly my mother) dose not want me to go through with it. I haven't even told my father, not until the day of surgery he will find out. I don't want any more negative responses :(

Everything feels surreal and I can not believe I have completed all that I needed to, my husband has been my biggest rock and supporter :) I hope to join the September Family and look forward to my new journey of Being Happy!!!!!

Exciting! I have my final appts next week, then hoping to submit to insurance shortly after. I am hoping to have surgery the end of September. :-)

Mothers worry. I am not telling my brother until after the surgery. Even then I am not sure I will tell him. I do not want my in laws to know but I imagine my kids will tell them.

Exciting! I have my final appts next week' date=' then hoping to submit to insurance shortly after. I am hoping to have surgery the end of September. :-)[/quote']

Yay!!! That is exciting news... Fingers Crossed for both of us...

I told my mother in law and she is happy for me. I don't think I will tell anyone else about my surgery.

Other than my husband, I have told no one. Only 3 weeks from surgery and still on soft food, we had to attend a 3-day convention, which meant lots of drinking and eating out. I was so afraid that everyone would notice that I was unable to eat or drink, but to my surprise, not a soul seemed to notice! I just ordered Soup and sipped my cocktail and acted like always. I ate very little and sometimes only licked the fork. Nobody said anything! WHAT FUN! The one thing unenjoyable was how long and much everyone ate -- good Lord I thought we'd never get out of there!

So, any news on approval?

So' date=' any news on approval?[/quote']

No, nothing yet. I called my insurance yesterday and they told me that it's still too early for me to be calling and asking what the status is. They have been no help so far. :( I'm starting to get worried and I'm already thinking negative.

No' date=' nothing yet. I called my insurance yesterday and they told me that it's still too early for me to be calling and asking what the status is. They have been no help so far. :( I'm starting to get worried and I'm already thinking negative.[/quote']

Any news???

I called just 20 minutes ago to Aetna and they told me that they haven't even looked at my case yet. It's been 14 days today and that's all they can tell me. I am so frustrated with my insurance company.... Grrrrr ????one lady told me me that it can take up to 21days for review.

I called just 20 minutes ago to Aetna and they told me that they haven't even looked at my case yet. It's been 14 days today and that's all they can tell me. I am so frustrated with my insurance company.... Grrrrr one lady told me me that it can take up to 21days for review.

I am the benefits manager for my company - so let me let you in on a secret.

Call the person in charge of benefits at your company (or your husbands) and tell them you are struggling with Aetna and you cannot get anyone to help you. Ask them if they would be willing to help you out. I can often "push" the insurance company to speed up their processes when they know the decision to continue using them rests with me.

Of course you can only do this if you don't mind that person knowing your business, but I bet they can help you out.

I am the benefits manager for my company - so let me let you in on a secret.

Call the person in charge of benefits at your company (or your husbands) and tell them you are struggling with Aetna and you cannot get anyone to help you. Ask them if they would be willing to help you out. I can often "push" the insurance company to speed up their processes when they know the decision to continue using them rests with me.

Of course you can only do this if you don't mind that person knowing your business' date=' but I bet they can help you out.[/quote']

Thank you, I will give it a try :)

I am pretty sure that the only reason I got my approval as fast as I did was because I would call them everyday.. :D Don't give up.. hope you hear something soon!

Yay! Congrats! :-)