Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got god?

This forum is in the United States of America right! Freedom of speech baby! Those of you who do not like' date=' don't post and keep going. Imworthit- there are some Christians groups on here that maybe you can join. That way you will not have to hear such negativity from non believers.[/quote']

I hope those of us not in the US are allowed to use this forum that is "in the United States"

Also if speech is free, isn't criticism of said speech also free? So people can also reply freely to this post? Maybe I'm missing the point since I don't live in the US.

Thank God (seriously) that we live in a society where people can believe what they want, say/write just about anything we want. If you believe in God or don't, that is your business. Everyone can believe what they want. I, for one, am a happy Catholic. If that makes me sheep, so be it. If that makes me foolish, I am fine with that. If my posting this response (even so late into the convo) makes me a target for ridicule, I'm okay with that too.

I'm not a Christian, but I will never understand why atheists take such offense to the personal beliefs of others. To imply that all Christians are sheep or have fundamentalist beliefs is completely ignorant and an unfair generalization.

IMHO, to absolutely refuse the existence of a higher power is as absurd as absolute faith in one.

The truth is... we live in a world of reality and religion is not reality... it is faith. If everyone would keep their faith to themselves then the world would be a better place. The world does not benefit from you telling me what to believe or have faith in. I can choose that for myself.

Religion is the original scam. Before telemarketers and door to door salesman and snake oil. Believe if you must, but leave me out of it.

Why do the non believers feel the need to post on this. Wasn't this intended for the believers? So much animosity , so sad that there is nothing better to do but belitte the people of faith. I think I'll go and post in the Atheist Form and ruffle their feathers. No Matter what this country was founded on religion. The freedom to chose what you want to believe in. I, myself do believe in God. You try and take God out of everything and look at how much this country is becoming more violent everyday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using VST

Why do the non believers feel the need to post on this. Wasn't this intended for the believers? So much animosity , so sad that there is nothing better to do but belitte the people of faith. I think I'll go and post in the Atheist Form and ruffle their feathers. No Matter what this country was founded on religion. The freedom to chose what you want to believe in. I, myself do believe in God. You try and take God out of everything and look at how much this country is becoming more violent everyday.

If it was intended only for believers then the appropriate place would have been in the section for believers. If this had been posted in the section for BELIEVERS then I would agree, non-believers would have no business intruding. The original post was chastising people for their lack of faith.. accusing them of worshipping celebrity more than God. Again, if this had been in the forum specifically for RELIGIOUS SLEEVERS, we wouldn't be having this discussion now. I'm not saying that the post shouldn't be in this section.. I'm just saying that if it's here, then it's for the WHOLE FORUM to discuss and anyone participating in the discussion should be prepared for opinions which might differ from one's own.

If it was intended only for believers then the appropriate place would have been in the section for believers. If this had been posted in the section for BELIEVERS then I would agree, non-believers would have no business intruding. The original post was chastising people for their lack of faith.. accusing them of worshipping celebrity more than God. Again, if this had been in the forum specifically for RELIGIOUS SLEEVERS, we wouldn't be having this discussion now. I'm not saying that the post shouldn't be in this section.. I'm just saying that if it's here, then it's for the WHOLE FORUM to discuss and anyone participating in the discussion should be prepared for opinions which might differ from one's own.

Couldn't have said it better...:-)

you think that the increase in our violence is due to people not believing in god???????? silly fattie - that has nothing to do with it man.... its the video games and movies.

Maybe it's just me.. But all this testosterone flowing around is getting me hot n bothered hahaha!

There's some mighty cute guys on this thread lmao.

Pretty sure this is the most accurate post in the thread!! :P

This thread is making me want to eat popcorn. And look out for Charlton Heston in a frock.

Seriously people, couldn't you have a deep and meaningful about something less controversial. Politics or universal health care, perhaps?

you think that the increase in our violence is due to people not believing in god???????? silly fattie - that has nothing to do with it man.... its the video games and movies.

I can agree with you to a point but I think the increase of violence is caused by money or the lack thereof and the lack of educated people. We have people living off the system spitting out babies left and right with no intent of raising them right. They are given no reason to work because they get free health care, food stamps, food credits, free phones and computers, cars that are way better than my own, and free housing. The average working person can't even have half of this. The system is failing.

I don't see violence being a religious or non religious issue because there are a lot of people, religious and nonreligious, that can't support themselves and don't care to do so because they are given everything they need. As the system starts to fail the people that were given everything no longer are getting it and they don't have the education or skills to find a job to support them or their family. They then turn to stealing, drugs, and other violent crimes.

This is my opinion and not saying its right this is just how I see it.

You guys do know your fighting over a "chain mail"..

A famous atheist once said,

Promoting conversion over thought: One of my major issues with chain messages is that they tend to be full of specious factoids which fall apart under examination. Because the person sending the message didn't author it, they can't really respond to criticism, but it makes me wonder what the point of the message really was? Was it to get me to entertain new ideas, or was it a con game to trick me into the faith? The con angle is bad for everyone involved.

Chain messages are static: once the content is out there, it gets passed on without much modification. Even after an argument is shown to be weak, or missing the mark, it just keeps getting repeated. When you repeatedly receive the same inappropriate argument, it tends to poison you against the faction making it. On the face of it, it would seem the simple solution is to not make bad arguments, but that's kind of impossible without the ability to adapt positions to new evidence or to respond dynamically to criticisms or misunderstandings.

Chain messages are impersonal: Being impersonal is acceptable in some contexts, but in personal communications it reeks of insincerity, imo. I doubt I'm the only one who thinks that. When someone sends me a chain message in personal messaging format, it makes me wonder if they understand me or if they understand the argument. I tend to perceive it as propaganda instead of an exchange of ideas. It also sends me the message the the sender is looking for convenience in place of thoughtful presentation. If you care about your message, why not invest some time and effort into it?

A lot of people feel atheist are snobs and assholes and its sometimes hard not to be when you are met with so much hatred.

I think a lot of people have enjoyed the privilege of not facing dissent for so long that it feels like an absolute slap in the face the moment someone doesn't agree with a cherished view. It is unsettling to have a foundational view challenged even if the challenge itself isn't that threatening. Perhaps I am biased in my appraisal, but I feel like much of the resentment toward atheists has more to do with theists' perceptions and less to do with the actual behaviour of atheists. Note that I am saying 'more' and 'less' making it a matter of degrees and not absolutes.

Anyway, that's my opinion; take it or leave it.

By a "famous" atheist

Oh and here's a chain mail for the "other guys"

This is an atheist chain mail. If you don't send this to 10 friends in the next 24 hours, nothing in particular will happen. Nothing good and nothing bad, except whatever would have happened anyway.

If you do share this though, you will be encouraging others to think, and search for verifiable answers to life's questions rather than accept questionable advice from unverifiable sources.

Ok unsubscribing now :)

Oh and here's a chain mail for the "other guys"

This is an atheist chain mail. If you don't send this to 10 friends in the next 24 hours' date=' nothing in particular will happen. Nothing good and nothing bad, except whatever would have happened anyway.

If you do share this though, you will be encouraging others to think, and search for verifiable answers to life's questions rather than accept questionable advice from unverifiable sources.

Ok unsubscribing now :)

[/quote']

Seriously Laura I cannot believe they took it that far!!!! Lol