Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fitness accountability

Awesome Michelle, you did great!!! Proud of you!!!!

Hi all,

Just checking in.

I did C25K wk 1 day 2 today

The extra 5 minutes was tough, but I upped my pace during that section. I think I then walked slower on other section because I was dragging.

Three days in a row, good on me.

Ejsfanatic how was your day today? I hope you had a good one:)

Many blessings,

Michelle

Hi all' date='

Just checking in.

The extra 5 minutes was tough, but I upped my pace during that section. I think I then walked slower on other section because I was dragging.

Many blessings,

Michelle[/quote']

Not good Michelle!! Today was actually my fist day back at work after 2 wks and I cant believe how tired I am. Couple that with SERIOUS PEPSI WITHDRAWAL and well, I just plain suck. Though I did stay on plan, did not cheat but no walks either. (Hanging my head in shame).

Tomorrow is a new day and since I work evenings, I am going to walk first thing when I wake up. Else. May not go!

Good going on upping your time!! So proud of you, now if only I can get my duff in gear!

Hi all' date='

Just checking in.

Many blessings,

Michelle[/quote']

Not as good as you, Michelle. Today was my first day back at work after having 2 weeks off and I am really dragging my butt!! Couple that with a serious case of PEPSI WITHDRAWAL and I am done!! What can I say?? I suck!

You did great Michelle and congrats on the upped time!! So proud of you! NOW......tomorrow when I wake up, I am going to go for a walk, EVEN IF IT KILLS ME!!

Will check back tomorrow.

As you can tell by the double reply, I am really wiped out! Haha

Hey you,

No beating yourself up, tommorow is a new day.

Besides returning to work is huge.

I like that you have a plan that you will try.

I remember you said your job was at a desk.

So can you fit more movement into it. Even walking to the furthest washroom would add some.

My mom is sick and doesn't get out much. I mention this because I bought her this small peddler that can sit under a desk. It has a short range of motion and she can sit in a comfy chair and do it. You could stick one of those under your desk maybe?

Just a thought.

Get some rest.

Many blessings,

Michelle

Ok! Better day, although its drizzling here, I walked for e30 min!! Feel great!! The rain helped keep me hydrated while walking. (Weird??)

How are you doing today??

Well I made it out. Groaning moaning complaining, but I did.

So that's 40, oops I mean 4 days in a row. Aiming for 40!

I did 30 min.

Anyone else reading this thread feel free to post what your fitness activities are. I would like to hear what other people are up to

Thanks

And good night:)

Poolguard nailed it! You need to start with baby steps. Great idea in segmenting your minutes of walking. Slowly build up. I also noticed that when I listen to my favorite music, I walk longer and faster. Good luck! You can do it!

Evening beautiful people:)

No walk today. Between intermittent pouring rain, grocery shopping for my parents, taking mom to emergency, and the babysitting my niece and nephew it just never happened. Rain is supposed to be the way for the next few days. So solutions: go walk inside the barn, go to the walking track in town, or watch the weather, find my rain slicker and go during one of the breaks. I also still have my niece and nephew, and my mom may need to go back to the hospital so I need to stay flexible.

There was a time today when I could have gone, but my body is still experiencing bouts of sudden needs to use the bathroom shall we say. I will aim to get back at it. If the weather is okay, perhaps I could leave off the C25K walking and just take my niece and nephew for a walk around the farm. Need to learn to fit things like this into life so I may as well start now!

Night all

Had a hang out date with my 9 yr old nephew (Godson). Took him to the Palisades Mall, which I think is the 2nd largest in the nation. We walked really fast up to the 4th level where the theatres are. Took him to see Dispicable me 2. Afterwards we walked around each floor and worked our way back down. From there we went to a japanese Hibachi joint. What a great time I had with him. And since he is OCD, he doesnt allow anyone to put their hand in his popcorn bag, so all I had was a bottle of Water. He's good for my diet!

He's near genius level and no it's not bragging. He really is, His IQ is 149. He calculated between the stops and starts we did about 45 min of very brisk walking. He was good for motivation too! When I would slow down, he would take my hand and say 'no pain, no gain!'

Good day filled with lots of walking. How did everyone else do??

I had a very good circuit strength training workout in the am and then spent 2 hours cutting my hedge with a gas trimmer in the afternoon (about 200 feet on both sides of drive way). Let me tell you that holding a gas trimmer in your arm for 2 hours gives your upper body a good resistance workout and my shirt was soaked from the effort. Goes to show you that exercising can be done in non traditional ways. :)

I have a question for you. You seem to be the fitness expert around here so hoping you can help :-)

What do you know about tabata exercise??

Essentially, you alternate between 2-4 different body weight exercises in an all out sprint for 20 seconds and then rest 10 seconds. Repeat for 4-8 minutes. You give those 20 seconds as intense focus as you can with as much strength as you can while maintaining perfect form.

At home, my Friday workouts follow the Tabata protocol, but tend to last about 20 minutes instead of 4 by stacking together 4 routines with 30 second rest in between. I do it with body weight exercises like jumping lunges, mountain climbers, star jumpers, bouncing push ups and dive bombers. These build incredible strength and fitness over a relatively short period of time. For me, I have been doing these workouts at home for about 10 weeks now and the results speak for themselves. I plan to continue working out this way going forward and it is very easy to create new programs by choosing different body weight exercise combinations. On Monday and Wednesday, I do body weight exercises for about 20 minutes, but not in the Tabata protocol format.

Sometimes my trainer has me do this Tabata protocol at cross fit (about once a month), and again, it lasts about 8 minutes and leaves me with tunnel vision afterwards it is so intense. We do 20 second sprints followed by 10 second rest of body weight exercises like burpees, pull ups, box jumps and jumping lunges. This is just an example list of body weight exercises. There are 100s you can choose from. Cross fit is Tuesday and Thursday for me.

Try it out and see what you think of it. It is hard at first, but as you get more fit, it becomes more fun to do and gives you incredible fitness and focus. Highly recommended!

Thank you!! It does seem like something I would enjoy. I am going to give it a shot.