Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yeahhhhhh Babyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

omg! guess what! i just got off the phone with my bariatric center and she called to tell me that my insurance does not require a precertification phase-there's a 20,000 limit straight across the board! she said because i'm having the lapband and not the rny bypass surgery that the 20000 will cover everything (providing there's no complications)! so they're having a meeting wednesday to figure out how they're gonna work it out!! i'm just so excited and couldn't think of a better place to be happy! thank god for all of your support! i'm just hoping i'm not celebrating too soon....but who wouldn't! i'm jumping around my house and my dog thinks i've lost my mind! ok-i'll keep you posted!

again-thanks so much for you!!!!!

courtney:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

I'm so happy for you....I was jumping around the house when the letter came with my approval! Then cried, laughed and cried again all at the same time! Congrats again!

Courtney -

YEAHHHH!!! What an awesome feeling - ah, yes, I do remember it well!!

Sounds like a surgery date could be just around the corner - keep us informed!!! Good luck!

Tracy

omg! guess what! i just got off the phone with my bariatric center and she called to tell me that my insurance does not require a precertification phase-there's a 20,000 limit straight across the board! she said because i'm having the lapband and not the rny bypass surgery that the 20000 will cover everything (providing there's no complications)! so they're having a meeting wednesday to figure out how they're gonna work it out!! i'm just so excited and couldn't think of a better place to be happy! thank god for all of your support! i'm just hoping i'm not celebrating too soon....but who wouldn't! i'm jumping around my house and my dog thinks i've lost my mind! ok-i'll keep you posted!

again-thanks so much for you!!!!!

courtney:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

:whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo::whoo:

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAYAYYAYAY I am beyond happy for you. (goosebumps)

Tracy is next. C'mon girl. Let's hear the good news!!!!

My meeting is tomorrow for the Appeals. Think powerful thoughts!

Congrats on your letter. I have new insurance as of 1/1/07...so this is a waiting game. I'm scheduled for 1/30...and was told I may not even know until the day before if I'm approved by insurance! I called my Dr. Office today and they told me to call on Monday at 1 p.m. Wish me luck. If I'm denied (there is no reason I should be!)...I'll be totally devestated!

:faint:

COURTNEY: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

That is friggen awesome!

My docs office was supposed to fax my stuff today... so when I find out they did, I will be burning up the email lines badgering my contact at BCBS SC!

Good Luck LapDancer!

Sherlilyn: I'll be crossing my fingers for you!

Courtney:

I can feel your excitement just jumpin' off tha' page! Woo-hoo! Congratulations; I'm so glad you shared your news so we can ALL Celebrate with you!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Congrats!!!

Great news for you all.

I remain hopeful for the future. Denied today, second denial but reading these gives me great inspiration to keep going.

Great news for you all.

I remain hopeful for the future. Denied today, second denial but reading these gives me great inspiration to keep going.

:angry those insurance jerks! keep up the good fight, Lap! eventually they'll give in---nobody wants a mad fat woman on their bad side lol!!! keep us informed!!!

courtney

there's a 20,000 limit straight across the board!

Let me first say Congratulations!!! I was floating the day I got my approval letter!!

Your insurance company may be different but I thought I would share with you. My insurance company told me they had a $10,000 limit on WLS but I figured anything I paid over would be the best investment I could make. The coordinator of bariatric services at the hospital had told me that I would be really close because my surgeon and the hospital were in my PPO. So we estimated that the maximum I would pay out of pocket would be $3,000.

Well, after surgery I checked my insurance companies website just to see if bills had been submitted and how much I owed. One day I checked and they had paid the hospital and a few other bills and they were at the $10,000. I then saw that the surgeon's bill had been submitted and it was close to $5,000 and they hadn't even processed it yet. I started to get scared because we hadn't anticipated that much out of pocket. To make a long story short, my insurance company paid him as well! I was shocked!! The only thing the coordinator and I can figure out is that the $10,000 was for the hospital only. Whatever the explanation, I'm happy. They went over the $10,000 and my cost was only co-pays.

Again, congratulations on your approval and best of luck as you advance in your journey to a new, better life!!

denise-

omg! that would be great if they did that! congrats to you! i, too believe that whatever is over the 20,000 will be well worth it! thanks for sharing your story-keep in touch!