Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whos in September? We need some September buddies!

I knew that this wouldn't be easy but wow... this is really hard. Trying to combat the foods I can't have. Being on this mushy/liquid diet and eating the same stuff is getting old. I know that the end result will be worth it but getting there is a journey.

I knew that this wouldn't be easy but wow... this is really hard. Trying to combat the foods I can't have. Being on this mushy/liquid diet and eating the same stuff is getting old. I know that the end result will be worth it but getting there is a journey.

I kinda was there too. But go on line and look up all the healthy fall Soups.

I went today to get powdered pnut butter Protein so I can add to my shakes and Change up the flavors. Don't get discouraged. We are all in theis together.

And if you can find the thread on here for my dirty little secret, it is funny and factual about what we are all going through

I am 66, I had my sleeve done in Mexico on 9/9/13. The day of surgery I was 204 LBS, today I am 189 LBS. Of coarse I thought it would come off a little faster, but hey no complaints. I seem to really get tired about 4:00 pm, go take a nap. I am suppose to go to a big party Nov.1. Our friends are going to pick us up at the airport and we always go to the Buffet, they do not know about the sleeve and I don't want anyone but my close family know. So I don't know how it is going to work out. What to eat? Anyone been in that predicament before? How did you handle it? I am really excited about the future weight lose, the amount of food I am eating, it has to come off, maybe not as fast as I like, but it will come off. Congratulation to all of you for getting the sleeve, and to your healthy future. I believe we all made the right choice.

I hear ya girl... I'm in the same rut... And I'm a picky eater as is so eating the same thing does suck

I am 66, I had my sleeve done in Mexico on 9/9/13. The day of surgery I was 204 LBS, today I am 189 LBS. Of coarse I thought it would come off a little faster, but hey no complaints. I seem to really get tired about 4:00 pm, go take a nap. I am suppose to go to a big party Nov.1. Our friends are going to pick us up at the airport and we always go to the Buffet, they do not know about the sleeve and I don't want anyone but my close family know. So I don't know how it is going to work out. What to eat? Anyone been in that predicament before? How did you handle it? I am really excited about the future weight lose, the amount of food I am eating, it has to come off, maybe not as fast as I like, but it will come off. Congratulation to all of you for getting the sleeve, and to your healthy future. I believe we all made the right choice.

During the liquid phase I had a funeral and reception to attend. I took shakes and Soup to eat. But you are going to a buffet? Maybe just do the Soups and since you don't want to tell them, say you aren't hungry or your a little under the weather.

I have told everyone and am amazed by my support. Good luck.

Just wanted to share... I was sleeved on the 19th and was cleared yesterday to move onto puréed foods. I bought a rotisserie chicken and shredded and blended the chicken, and then added very little light mayo, garlic & onion powder, and salt n pepper, and it tastes like chicken salad... Super quick, easy, something different and gets in some Protein. Thought I'd share for those getting tired of the same old.

Okay... I officially have the diet blues. It's been three weeks since my surgery and I feel like I'm stuck in a rut.

I'm three weeks out from my surgery too and I feel the same way.

Im post op 9/16. Im eating all regular foods bit I do drink two Protein Shakes a day. I have not eaten any red meat. I have kept my diet to fish, shredded or minced chicken and turkey. I have headaches but I did before my surgery. Im headed to the neurologist for some relief hopefully. The main thing is that I dont eat anything unless it contains Protein.< /p>

I had mine on September 26th and feel great. I was so surprised on how great I would feel after only one week. So excited as to what the future holds!

Has anyone tried those nutrigrain waffles? What about popcorn? I am craving both!

Popcorn post surgery at this point could cause major issues and I'm still on puréed foods. My NUT won't even allow me breads or waffles til 5-6 mo out and even then very limited.

I'm still doing pureed foods as well. All I can say, is Protein, protein, protein.

I kinda was there too. But go on line and look up all the healthy fall Soups.< /p>

I went today to get powdered pnut butter Protein so I can add to my shakes and Change up the flavors. Don't get discouraged. We are all in theis together.

And if you can find the thread on here for my dirty little secret, it is funny and factual about what we are all going through

Yes it is!!!

Has anyone tried those nutrigrain waffles? What about popcorn? I am craving both!

Maybe try the 2-ingredient pancakes first...it's banana and Protein powder...not quite sure of the link...if I find it, i'll come back and post.

Maybe try the 2-ingredient pancakes first...it's banana and Protein powder...not quite sure of the link...if I find it, i'll come back and post.

http://www.topwithcinnamon.com/2013/01/2-ingredient-healthy-pancakes-gluten-free-dairy-free.html

Okay this one is banana and egg...maybe I read it wrong