Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whos in September? We need some September buddies!

Good afternoon all. Had my surgery on Tues, 10th. Got home today from Mexico. Dr Alvarez did my surgery and found a hernia. So glad he did, and fixed it. All in all, it has gone well. I am retaining a lot of Fluid, trying to walk a lot, well, not really a lot, but enough for now. I have tightness in my chest, which I should expect from the hernia repair. No nausea, vomiting, weakness or dizziness. Getting my Water down as much as possible. I am going forward with all positive thoughts....not going to get upset if I don't get every ounce of water in, etc. Don't be hard on yourself, get plenty of rest, move around to keep the fluids moving.

Will check back in later.....for all you guys waiting for your date, it will be here before you know it. Oh, and last thought, stay away from the scale for a little while.

Good afternoon all. Had my surgery on Tues' date=' 10th. Got home today from Mexico. Dr Alvarez did my surgery and found a hernia. So glad he did, and fixed it. All in all, it has gone well. I am retaining a lot of Fluid, trying to walk a lot, well, not really a lot, but enough for now. I have tightness in my chest, which I should expect from the hernia repair. No nausea, vomiting, weakness or dizziness. Getting my Water down as much as possible. I am going forward with all positive thoughts....not going to get upset if I don't get every ounce of water in, etc. Don't be hard on yourself, get plenty of rest, move around to keep the fluids moving.

Will check back in later.....for all you guys waiting for your date, it will be here before you know it. Oh, and last thought, stay away from the scale for a little while. [/quote']

Hey Michele glad to hear you are home n and well. I had my surgery today. I was 1st and am doing good so far. Dr Alvarez just left. Him and his assistant checking on me. I have went walking 3 times so far. My sleeve sista is way cool. Im passing out from the pain medicine. I will write more later.

Congrats ladies on your successful procedures. Take your rest and know your one step closer

I report for surgery at 5:30a tomorrow. I am so nervous!

Bgood you will do great. We re here for you!

Bgood we look forward to hearing from you post op. You will be fine

I am so thankful reading all of the posts by the new sleevers. I am flying to TJ on Saturday with surgery booked for Sunday. A little nervous but reading these posts definitely helps to put my mind at ease and I just want to go now!!! Lol Heal well to all you new sleevers and enjoy this great blessing!

My surgery yesterday went very well. My body still having issues with the anesthesia. Dry heaving and lots of belly pain

Trig best of luck to you

My surgery yesterday went very well. My body still having issues with the anesthesia. Dry heaving and lots of belly pain

Congratulations to a sister sleeved. My surgery is Oct. 22. Glad your surgery went well.

well good luck inarakatra' date='

I know your hoping its sooner than later

[/quote']

I had sleeve done 1 week ago today. For me a breeze f2 nd night after was sent home and pai other than that horrific evening procedure. Got up walked to Bathroom went home after 1 night. My advice stay 2 nd night with pain pump. 3 rd night slept like puppy no pain meds slept on Tummy for 6 straight hours pain free ahhhh delicious

well good luck inarakatra' date='

I know your hoping its sooner than later

[/quote']

Good Luck

I was sleeved on Monday 9/9, came home yesterday! On full liquids. Doing good at getting in fld but not the cream Soups or yogurt, only able to do one of the 2 tbsp. Drinking chocolate Shakeology with skim milk for my Protein shake which one 8 oz shake comes to 25 grams of Protein. Immediately after surgery I had severe nausea but that subsided with meds about 4 hrs post op.. Had a little nausea today but took a Zofran. Pain has been very manageable which has really surprised me and so far I'm

Taking only 2 doses of pain meds a day. I walked around the house today and also to the end of my drive and back then unloaded and loaded the dishwasher and I was tired . I feel like I am doing well with a good recovery. One thing to mention is I gained 8 pounds since surgery being pumped with all the fluids, that was kind of hard to take but as of this morning had already lost 5 of that. My stats are below:

Please share how the rest of you are doing!

Highest wt-271

Wt before pre-op diet: 268.2

Surgery day: 257

4 days post op-259

You are so lucky that you only gain a few pounds with all the stuff they pump in to us. I got home and checked my weight because I could tell I was swelled. I had gained 14 with the swelling. Dumber.

mel

You are so lucky that you only gain a few pounds with all the stuff they pump in to us. I got home and checked my weight because I could tell I was swelled. I had gained 14 with the swelling. Dumber.

mel

I gained 11lbs with the swelling, which I was kind of expecting. I was not expecting it to take a full week for it to come back off though. I was so happy when I woke up on day 7 and finally saw the scale read 1lb below my surgery weight.

Hey guys we have a Sept FB group if anyone would like to join :)