Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whos in September? We need some September buddies!

Well' date=' we are on the sleeve side of life! Surgery went well, so far no complications. Lots of painful gas... Which was to be expected. Had surgery in TJ, Mexico, performed by Dr. Almanza. Had the procedure yesterday, stayed overnight and back at the hotel today. Hotel is much more comfortable, but to call down to the nurse for pain meds, takes a while to receive. We are waiting on our masseuse to arrive. A free 20 min massage is included in the package! Helps with the gas pains. Ill keep y'all posted![/quote']

Thank You. It's good to see that people are getting through this, it helps my nerves a lot! :)

To a speedy recovery.

Where is your surgery? I'm at El Camino in Mountain View on the 17th.

I'm at Good Sam with Dr Marc Zare

Wow! Long day today. Did my pre-admission testing (EKG, chest X-ray and blood work), pre-op testing (esophageal monometry and metabolic testing) and got my pre-op diet. 5 shakes a day for two weeks starting 9/9. Yikes! I can have broth and sugar free Popsicles with it but nothing else. Gonna be interesting.

Well, Im just counting down the hours at this point. Surgery is at Noon on the wed. I have cut most of the yard tonight, rest will be cut in the morning. Now Im scrubbing the house and putting all the fall decorations out Can anyone say I have a little to much energy. :o)

Well' date=' Im just counting down the hours at this point. Surgery is at Noon on the wed. I have cut most of the yard tonight, rest will be cut in the morning. Now Im scrubbing the house and putting all the fall decorations out Can anyone say I have a little to much energy. :o)[/quote']

I'm at 1130. Here's to a speedy recovery!

Love and blessings and prayers and support and encouragement to all of you today

Hey guys! I'm September 16th. I just joined this group and very excited about it! Good luck to everyone! Can't wait to start this journey!

I am struggling w/the liquid diet. I started yesterday and can have a light meal at night but I'm telling you - if i'm able to eat it won't be light..... i realized that last night. I think I'm better off just sticking to an ALL liquid diet. I'm already "missing" food. You have no idea how badly I'd love a grilled steak right about now lol

I am struggling w/the liquid diet. I started yesterday and can have a light meal at night but I'm telling you - if i'm able to eat it won't be light..... i realized that last night. I think I'm better off just sticking to an ALL liquid diet. I'm already "missing" food. You have no idea how badly I'd love a grilled steak right about now lol

I struggled up until last night. It was like flipping a switch. It does get easier. I even held a melting cupcake my kid was eating in my hand yesterday without licking a finger! Lol I didn't even realize until I looked down and thought "wow, normally I would have eaten this before my son came back for it". I still wasn't tempted by it and enjoyed my Protein and veg happily. I'm actually craving those veggies right now :)

I just joined here. My surgery is September 16th. On day 3 of the Liquid Protein diet. I am hungry, but doing ok. I wish everyone well.

Hi I'm having sleeve surgery Sept 11. Had preop stuff today. I've been very upbeat and positive till this point. Now I'm nervous and ill. Don't know where this is coming from!

Hi I'm having sleeve surgery Sept 11. Had preop stuff today. I've been very upbeat and positive till this point. Now I'm nervous and ill. Don't know where this is coming from!

It's normal to have those feelings. I usually flip-flop but, I seem to have mellowed out now. Good luck to you.

Sept 16th for me in WV. My Dr only required a 2 day pre op but Im already doing Protein Shakes with just one meal with chicken or turkey burger. Ive already been able to stop bread which was a favorite of mine and have never really been big on soda. Best of luck to each and everyone of you still waiting and a speedy recovery for those who have already had it! "EAT TO LIVE, DONT LIVE TO EAT!"

Just a few more days 'til my surgery...is it normal not to be stressing? I am at peace with this decision and feel completely ready.

I have no concerns or reservations.

Was anyone else like this?

-angie