Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Whos in September? We need some September buddies!

I am scheduled on the 16th also! Not too much longer now.

I started my liquid diet yesterday. I have two weeks on it. Yesterday was hard everything seems to center around food! Today I am just not hungry. Did my shake for Breakfast and lunch not due to hunger but rather due to assuming even if I am not hungry I still need the Protein intake. I am hoping this continues up til September 5th when I have surgery! So excited to be on this journey for a healthier mother for my children!

~~Jeanni~~

I'm September 10th! I'm self-pay in Michigan. I have to loose 5lbs before surgery. Not sure how I'm gonna go about that just yet. I'm thinking' date=' lots of Water, (which I already drink a min of 128 oz of water a day so not sure how I can get in more) and 4 shakes a day[/quote']

That's weird, I too have to lose 5 lbs before surgery. I thought it would be more. My surgery is the 25th. Good luck to you.

I started my liquid diet yesterday. I have two weeks on it. Yesterday was hard everything seems to center around food! Today I am just not hungry. Did my shake for Breakfast and lunch not due to hunger but rather due to assuming even if I am not hungry I still need the Protein intake. I am hoping this continues up til September 5th when I have surgery! So excited to be on this journey for a healthier mother for my children!

~~Jeanni~~

Glad it is going well for you! My NUT stressed that even if I wasn't hungry I HAD to have 5 shakes a day (an could have a 6th if I wanted) but who wants that!?

Well hello there' date=' I too am on September 25 @ Palms of Pasadena in St. Pete. My Doctor is Dr. Jessee. I live in Port Richey. Wow, nice to finally see someone on here that is having surgery on the same day and place. I'm nervous and excited to, and I can't wait to begin my journey to weight loss and my new life.[/quote']

Omg!!! Dr Jessee is doing my surgery too!!! Could that be possible, both of us on the same day with the same Doctor?? I guess I have a walking buddy around the halls, LOL!!!

That's weird' date=' I too have to lose 5 lbs before surgery. I thought it would be more. My surgery is the 25th. Good luck to you.[/quote']

Good luck to you! I'm just doing what I'm told lol

I posted this earlier in a different thread.

I am going to start a low cal, low carb diet, that uses the Dry Meal rule. it gets you started for how you will eat from surgery on. 3 meals a day 700-800 cal 40-50 carbs 60-70 Protein.

breakfast

1 protein (pref a Protein Shake 20-30 grams)

1 fruit

1 dairy

lunch

1 protein (pref another shake)

2 vegetables

dinner

1 protein

2 vegetables

Only Proteins allowed:- protein shake or 3/4 C low fat cottage cheese or 2 whole eggs or 3 oz cooked meat (skinned, fat removed, not breaded not fried, no processed meats like bacon, ham, lunch meats, hot dogs etc) this protein is only when you really feel you need something more. red meats are longer to digest, chicken & seafood is better.

Only dairy allowed 8oz 1% or skim milk 6-8oz light yogurt (no more than 20grams of carbs) 1 part-skim string cheese

fruit & veg's best is fresh follow the serving size on them. no potatoes, no corn, no peas, or any other starch veg's can use frozen, the just recommend rinsing them. if you have to use canned drain & rinse.

if & only if you need a snack, use a shake. make sure to count the calories

& most of all that they stress a GOOD Multivitamin that has 100% of the RDA, Calcium 1200 mg w/ Vitamin D at least 400 IU make sure they are all chewable, Gummy or liquid.

*this diet isn't that bad. they say that its expected to be 12-20 lbs weight-loss in 2 weeks.

, it's nothing like the liquid diets I have seen on here. no matter which diet everyone has GOOD LUCK!

Oct 29...lol i have a 3 day trip planned oct 4-6 and cant be on a liquid diet during it or post bc its an outside music fest... Cant be dehydrated or risk swelling from walking

Those of you starting your liquid phase in the nutritional portion of verticle sleeve.com there are some food ideas for the liquid diets for Soups and other drinks, broths. I've been cutting back in preparation for mine coming up. Good luck to everyone.

Those of you who are on the 2 week liquid diet' date=' can you please share what you will be doing? I haven't had much direction on that from my Dr. He just said to loose 5 lbs...[/quote']

My dr. Is very strict ... I start my 2 week liquid diet 8-28

Clear Liquids only

sugar free Jello, Popsicle, koolaid,

Power aid Zero

Sugarfree coffee, or tea

Strained chicken or beef broth

And 2-3 advant edge protien shakes

At least 8-12 glasses of Water a day

I've been told after the first day it will get easier... I hope it is smooth :)

Good luck :)

Tc's Ready!

could someone invite me to the september sleevers Facebook page again?

I am jamie marie tomlinson from somerset, mi on facebook or birdmadgirl080@yahoo.com

thanks a bunch guys! look forward to seeing you soon.

Omg!!! Dr Jessee is doing my surgery too!!! Could that be possible' date=' both of us on the same day with the same Doctor?? I guess I have a walking buddy around the halls, LOL!!![/quote']

I guess so, anything is possible. Cool, I look forward to seeing you in the halls. Lol