Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have a very personal question!

Pre op I was a very sexual person. Post op not so much! It's like I am a different person and that just doesn't appeal to me anymore. I would think I would feel sexier with the 72 pound weight loss and want to be more active. Has this happened to anyone else?

Pre op I was a very sexual person. Post op not so much! It's like I am a different person and that just doesn't appeal to me anymore. I would think I would feel sexier with the 72 pound weight loss and want to be more active. Has this happened to anyone else?

Could it be about the person who you see in the mirror? Are you happy with what you see? Not happy? I don't find what I see in the mirror attractive - less so as I lose weight and more sags. However...

My libido has been high as long as I can remember. Before surgery I had issues with "maintaining attention". I find that as I lose weight, I have a better "attention span".

Possibly two different issues, but please don't feel embarrassed talking about anything here.

Same here. I have zero interest. But since surgery my husband and I have been having issues, so that could be part of it too.

YES! I am very happy with the person I see! I almost feel like I am so consumed in the daily task of being sleeved. You know, eating and drinking correctly, Now I run, that's another thing that I spend a lot of time on. Maybe it's just not as important to me now. Maybe I don't feel the need for the attention as I did when I was big. Just thinking out loud here!

Opposite for me - really enjoying the slimmer body! Could it be a side effect of fatigue, due to low calories or persistent dehydration?

When you lose the weight and incorporate exercise, do you still get the saggy skin?

YES! I am very happy with the person I see! I almost feel like I am so consumed in the daily task of being sleeved. You know, eating and drinking correctly, Now I run, that's another thing that I spend a lot of time on. Maybe it's just not as important to me now. Maybe I don't feel the need for the attention as I did when I was big. Just thinking out loud here!

Thinking out loud is perfect!

You feel sex is a need for attention? No right or wrong answer, just a question. I see sex sort of like an appetite to be fulfilled. Others may see it differently.

When you lose the weight and incorporate exercise, do you still get the saggy skin?

Just my opinion, but I think younger people with less weight to lose have less of a battle with saggy skin than my 50 year old self. Sure exercise helps and there are perfect examples of VST people here. But I'll take the sagging skin and any plastic surgery if i feel I need it down the line over my former 416 pound self wondering how long i can stand the arms of the chair digging into my thighs at the doctors office.

Stop letting youre self be consumed by the sleeve and enjoy life. The new you is not a sleeve it needs to be more about living and less about eating.

I have very little sag, my arms is my only issue. The running has tightened everything else up nicely :D I am leaning toward fatigue being my issue! Even being 6 months out I still have trouble getting enough calories and now I have added running! I am working on getting the calories and the fluids down! That is what I mean by post sleeve life! Eating and drinking have not come easy to me so yes my daily life is still consumed with it. I hope this all makes some sense!

I have very little sag, my arms is my only issue. The running has tightened everything else up nicely :D I am leaning toward fatigue being my issue! Even being 6 months out I still have trouble getting enough calories and now I have added running! I am working on getting the calories and the fluids down! That is what I mean by post sleeve life! Eating and drinking have not come easy to me so yes my daily life is still consumed with it. I hope this all makes some sense!

I keep hearing we should wean off Protein shakes and rely on food for our Protein but I see the shakes in my future. So convenient to get the calories and Protein in. Might be an idea for you, until you are able to get more calories from food?

I keep hearing we should wean off Protein shakes and rely on food for our Protein but I see the shakes in my future. So convenient to get the calories and protein in. Might be an idea for you' date=' until you are able to get more calories from food? [/quote']

Me too. Just one a day now, 30g protein... And occasionally adding natural (unflavoured) Protein powder to Soups, casseroles and yoghurts. Done. Dusted. Relax for the rest of the day.

Yes I had stopped drinking the Protein Shakes but started them back per my doctors advice, He said it will help with the fatigue and he was correct. I've just recently started them again. They have also helped with my Hair loss. I drink the Premier Protein. I get them at Sam's and they are truly yummy!

So I don't know if I am the oddball or what..but my boyfriend and I had a very active sex life before surgery and if it is even possible I want it MORE..MUCH MORE..after surgery.

The weight loss is part of it but the thing I love is how much more flexible I am and how we can use different positions and how Tanga panties look on me etc.

I will admit that my boyfriend thinks I have lost my ever loving mind and is sometimes afraid to come to my house lol..but I think a lot of this is mental for me, that I want it more because I feel he desires me more.

Work on getting that food and calories in and Multivitamins too! I am 5 months out and drink one shake a day to recover from work outs but I get in around 130 grams of Protein and 1,200 calories. I have so much energy!

Okay, this is a sensitive subject but I what I will say is we judge ourselves much much much harder then potential partners do. I have a boyfriend who didn't know me when I was heavy. I made a big deal out of warning him about all the ugly skin etc.and it seems it is a much bigger problem in my own mind then his.

So, during the weight loss journey you go through a lot of head games - be patient and let your brain catch up with your body.