Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know I saw several people getting sleeved on August 6th like me. I began my pre-op liquid diet today and am getting super excited and nervous!!!

What is your pre-op diet like, did you eat any of your favorite foods last week (I know I had a few meals of my favorites), what do you find most exciting/most scary?

I started the liquid diet today too. I'm allowed low carb Protein Shakes, broth, sugar free Jello, crystal light, sugar free Popsicles, Decaf tea & lots of Water. I plan on freezing some of my shakes in an ice cream maker in order to have more things to "eat". My husband and I went out last night for a last meal of guacamole, tortilla Soup (without tortillas) and a cheese enchilada. I've been doing low carb this past week. My psych evaluation is today. Not sure if this was the best day to do it, lol! But it was the only appointment available before the 6th!

My surgery is August 6th also. My pre-op diet is a Protein Shake for Breakfast, a Protein shake for lunch and a sensible dinner. I can have one Protein Bar and 1 serving of fruit for Snacks. So far it hasn't been too bad. I have had a little bit of head hunger though....Last week I was already on my pre-op diet but the week before that I was on vacation so there were several food funerals that week! I had my most favorite thing in the world - I went to Cheesecake Factory and had Pasta Carbonara and a piece of White chocolate Macadamia Nut cheesecake...YUM!.. The thing that excites me the most is getting my life back - being able to do so many things that I just can't do anymore. The thing that scares me the most is how my body is going to react to all of this - I'm horrified that I will be that one person that throws up constantly - can't keep anything down AND doesn't lose any weight! I also am a little worried because I absolutely love Italian food and I don't see a good deal of that in my future.

There are a bunch of us....whoot whoot!

I started today......3 BA shakes & 2 cups plain yogurt......kinda jealous of all you who get a meal LOL

I didn't do anything differently food wise.....sad but true....

I picked up the filled syringes for the self administered blood thinner (for post op) and that freaked me out a little....not enough to lose sleep, that's for sure....it's just one of those things that has to be done.

I'm looking forward to being a normal/healthy size....

I'm August 6th as well and have started my liquid diet today. Mine consists of 4 or 5 no sugar added carnation instant breakfast drinks (one can be made with skim milk, the rest have to be made with water), sugar free Gelatin, sugar free popsicles, and water....I'm also allowed one cup (8 oz) of Decaf coffee or tea each day. The day before surgery, I am allowed broth instead of the carnation drinks. Two weeks of this....so jealous of those who get an actual meal during their pre-op diet :)

Filled syringes for the self administered blood thinners??? How come I don't know about this? Eeeck - I need to call my doctor's office!

Me too Beachbum....I don't know anything about self administered blood thinners!!!

I know my nutritionist told me that I would have a prescription for something post-op but nothing pre-op.

My surgery aug 6 also I'm allowed to have 4-5 shakes that is approved on my list from nutritionist have Decaf tea or coffee , sugar free Jello, Popsicles, lots of Water, broth, crystal light, diet snapple

1 serving of starch, vegetable and a fruit.

Okay, caffeine withdrawal has kicked in and I have a wonderful headache. I am hoping that these will pass in a few days. :)

Okay' date=' caffeine withdrawal has kicked in and I have a wonderful headache. I am hoping that these will pass in a few days. :)[/quote']

It will I'm a severe coffee drinker I love my coffee, It was a killer to give a regular for Decaf me tell you I had headaches for a week

Endoscopy and Psych evaluation done...I guess this is really going to happen! I just guzzled down a fruit punch Protein Drink and it was absolutely disgusting! I'm rewarding myself for getting it down with some chicken broth. I gave up sugar and caffeine last week, so no headache so far.

Are you using hte Unjury chicken broth? WAs going to order some to see how it tasted so was curious. :)

Me too Beachbum....I don't know anything about self administered blood thinners!!!

I know my nutritionist told me that I would have a prescription for something post-op but nothing pre-op.

this was a prescription for administering it post op

Are you using hte unjury chicken broth? WAs going to order some to see how it tasted so was curious. :)

you might want to try their sample pack....includes 2 of each....unflavored, chocolate, vanilla, chicken, and strawberry sorbet (the strawberry is GREAT mixed with crystal light lemonade)

Okay, bet you're sick of seeing my face here.....but, can we talk pre-op diet side effects?

I have the worst gas.....oh my gosh.....thank goodness I"m home today....but seriously, it's soooooo bad....even I don't want to be around me LOL

On the plus side, I have energy to burn.....I don't have caffeine w/d because I don't drink it (I don't avoid it....but I don't drink soda any longer, and not a tea nor coffee drinker.....thankful that's not a problem)

Anyone else?