Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay' date=' bet you're sick of seeing my face here.....but, can we talk pre-op diet side effects?

I have the worst gas.....oh my gosh.....thank goodness I"m home today....but seriously, it's soooooo bad....even I don't want to be around me LOL

On the plus side, I have energy to burn.....I don't have caffeine w/d because I don't drink it (I don't avoid it....but I don't drink soda any longer, and not a tea nor coffee drinker.....thankful that's not a problem)

Anyone else?[/quote']

I would try lactaid pills or lactose free shakes. Those help with the gas. I have shakes, Clear liquids and a veg Soup on my diet. Tired, hungry and sleepy but good other than that :)

Are you using hte Unjury chicken broth? WAs going to order some to see how it tasted so was curious. :)

No, just regular broth. I should be getting enough Protein from the sweet shakes.< /p>

Are you using hte unjury chicken broth? WAs going to order some to see how it tasted so was curious. :)

I love the chicken broth from a Unjury. A little finicky as to prep but so tasty and comforting. Worth trying for sure.

I would try lactaid pills or lactose free shakes. Those help with the gas. I have shakes, Clear Liquids and a veg Soup on my diet. Tired, hungry and sleepy but good other than that :)

I used almond milk, so I don't think it's that....however, I found this online: "If the ingredient list includes any of the following ingredients, it has lactose: whey, curds, milk by-products, dry milk solids, and nonfat dry milk powder".......and the powder has whey as the first ingredient......hmmmmm

Thanks!

Who's ready for day two of the pre-op diet? Yesterday was much better than I imagined. I just need to keep busier. My family ended up eating fish (hate it) and veggies from the grocery store food bar for dinner, so I didn't have to make it.

Veg in a Tomato chipotle sauce tonight. No fats oils or carbs. Everything on my no carb veg list and a Optifast Soup.

I felt satisfied. Although a tortilla and guacamole would have been perfect sides too. Haha

Not feeling too hungry. But with an increase of fibre, and vegetables I have. .... Um.... Hw does one put it....... Excessive gas! Sweet Lordy lord!

I'm feeling pretty good. Lots and lots of Water.

Good luck with day 3 x

Who's ready for day two of the pre-op diet? Yesterday was much better than I imagined. I just need to keep busier. My family ended up eating fish (hate it) and veggies from the grocery store food bar for dinner, so I didn't have to make it.

I'm doing a little better today than yesterday. I was so cranky and couldn't imagine how I was going to get through 2 weeks of this, if I could barely get through one day :)

I don't start my liver reduction diet till Saturday so needless to say... Going to be some food funerals. I did however try the Protein Shake this morning. Surprisingly it's not bad at all... I'm mixing mine with silk almond milk.. And felt full. :-D

August 6th is coming up so fast!

August 6th date for me too. 2nd day of preop diet. Feeling tired and cranky. Not hungry but desiring food. Everyone at work ordered a huge Italian feast and I really want some. How ur gets easier.

I'm doing a little better today than yesterday. I was so cranky and couldn't imagine how I was going to get through 2 weeks of this, if I could barely get through one day :)

I looked at the stats on the Carnation Breakfast Essentials...you're probably starving to death if they are just mixed with Water (60 cal, 12 carb, 5 pro). The point of this diet is to put yourself into ketosis through high protein/low carb. That's what is going to shrink your liver. I'm mainly using the EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control drinks from Walmart (110 cal, 6 carb, 17 pro). I also ordered Celebrate Vitamins ENS packets. I tried the Cake Batter one yesterday and it was pretty good (140 cal, 9 carb, 25 pro). The fruit Punch Protein I tried yesterday was yucky, but had a LOT of Protein. The protein will keep you from feeling hungry.

2nd day of liquid pre-op and the caffeine headache is still around. I felt "sloshy" last night which almost made me feel sick at my stomach.....blech! Had warm Soup at lunch which was awesome and somehow comforted me. I am going to have a fruit smoothie tonight and am hoping that will be as awesome as I think it will be.

I found out my surgery will be at 2:00 p.m. on the 6th and that I will be taken down to pre-op at 12:30 p.m. Does anyone know how long the actual procedure lasts? Just curious as they said that I would be in pre-op about 1.5 hours, in post-op about 1.5 hours and in the operative area about 4-5 hours altogether.

Thanks!

I looked at the stats on the Carnation Breakfast Essentials...you're probably starving to death if they are just mixed with Water (60 cal, 12 carb, 5 pro). The point of this diet is to put yourself into ketosis through high protein/low carb. That's what is going to shrink your liver. I'm mainly using the EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control drinks from Walmart (110 cal, 6 carb, 17 pro). I also ordered Celebrate Vitamins ENS packets. I tried the Cake Batter one yesterday and it was pretty good (140 cal, 9 carb, 25 pro). The fruit Punch Protein I tried yesterday was yucky, but had a LOT of Protein. The protein will keep you from feeling hungry.

The carnation is what I'm required to drink unfortunately....I even asked my NUT if I was allowed to add some unflavored Protein powder to it and she said absolutely not. I don't like the idea of going two weeks with really no protein to speak of. That seems ridiculous to me. But I'm going to push through it :(

The carnation is what I'm required to drink unfortunately....I even asked my NUT if I was allowed to add some unflavored Protein powder to it and she said absolutely not. I don't like the idea of going two weeks with really no Protein to speak of. That seems ridiculous to me. But I'm going to push through it :(

That's a bummer! It's interesting to see who is allowed what. Hope you have a better day today. Did you get the bad storms we had last night? Part of our neighbor's fence blew down!

2nd day of liquid pre-op and the caffeine headache is still around. I felt "sloshy" last night which almost made me feel sick at my stomach.....blech! Had warm Soup at lunch which was awesome and somehow comforted me. I am going to have a fruit smoothie tonight and am hoping that will be as awesome as I think it will be.

I found out my surgery will be at 2:00 p.m. on the 6th and that I will be taken down to pre-op at 12:30 p.m. Does anyone know how long the actual procedure lasts? Just curious as they said that I would be in pre-op about 1.5 hours, in post-op about 1.5 hours and in the operative area about 4-5 hours altogether.

Thanks!

I was told mymorocedure will last 45 mins to an hour. I'm having single incision through the belly button, though.

Single incision? How exciting! I'm having laproscopic and should be 1 hour for the procedure.

AND I HAVE to ask.................is anyone else's tummy doing summersaults/grumbling? I'm actually embarrassed because other people hear it......last night I was in line at the store and the person behind me asked "what the hell was that? did you hear it?"......I played dumb......sorry, didn't hear a thing LOL

Day 1 went well, and day 2 even better......I had an epiphany last night......since I am allowed 2c of yogurt a day, a thought crossed my mind........1 serving of Protein powder (choc), mixed in with the yogurt (either 1/2 or 1 cup) was a bit like pudding.....so I was able to sit down and eat something with hubby rather than drink my dinner.....I was quite happy about that.

Although it's going very good, I am still jealous of those of you who have a small meal with actual food LOL We can do this 8/6 sleevers! Enjoy your day!