Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September Sleevers...! Come on in and chat!

I finally got to see my doctor on yesterday. Down 26lbs including pre-op. Surgery was on 9/25. He told me that the excercise dvd's I do are fine, and the treadmill also. He doesn't want heavy weight lifting until 4 weeks. But I can add in what I feel comfortable doing. Hope all is well my fellow sleevers!

I finally got to see my doctor on yesterday. Down 26lbs including pre-op. Surgery was on 9/25. He told me that the excercise dvd's I do are fine, and the treadmill also. He doesn't want heavy weight lifting until 4 weeks. But I can add in what I feel comfortable doing. Hope all is well my fellow sleevers!

Congrats to you!!!

I am almost 3 weeks out of surgery and doing ok except this aching feel like someone stabbed me in the ribs with a knife pain on my left side radiating into my back. I also get the poops pretty easily (tmi i know but what the hell... lol)..

anyone else experiencing either of these symptoms?

Well, I am late to join this group, but I am a Sept, sleever also! I was done on the 25. Down 25 pounds! YAY!

I am almost 3 weeks out of surgery and doing ok except this aching feel like someone stabbed me in the ribs with a knife pain on my left side radiating into my back. I also get the poops pretty easily (tmi i know but what the hell... lol).. anyone else experiencing either of these symptoms?

I did have the same feeling of aching until two days ago. My doc said its normal. It's the nerves. They said give it 4 weeks, but so far I'm doing good. It feels strange when I sleep in my sides, but I sleep better that way. Poo'ing sucks! I take laxatives once a day now. I used to be regular with my morning caffeine, but I don't drink caffeine any longer. You may want to try not drinking milk and use soy. You may be lactose intolerant now. Milk makes me gassy and diarrhea. It could be a result of the surgery for you. I've been that way for years.

Well' date=' I am late to join this group, but I am a Sept, sleever also! I was done on the 25. Down 25 pounds! YAY![/quote']

Congrats!!!????

I am almost 3 weeks out of surgery and doing ok except this aching feel like someone stabbed me in the ribs with a knife pain on my left side radiating into my back. I also get the poops pretty easily (tmi i know but what the hell... lol).. anyone else experiencing either of these symptoms?

I had those pains and am finally free of them (17 days out). As well- I discovered the Protein I was consuming was giving me the 'scoots'. I changed to Unjury and have had no issue since.

I finally got to see my doctor on yesterday. Down 26lbs including pre-op. Surgery was on 9/25. He told me that the excercise dvd's I do are fine' date=' and the treadmill also. He doesn't want heavy weight lifting until 4 weeks. But I can add in what I feel comfortable doing. Hope all is well my fellow sleevers![/quote']

That is great! My surgery was 9/24 and so far I've only dropped 15 lbs. I've been locked at the same weight for four days now and am really frustrated.

That is great! My surgery was 9/24 and so far I've only dropped 15 lbs. I've been locked at the same weight for four days now and am really frustrated.

10lbs was pre-op, 16lbs since surgery. How much did you lose pre-op? Dont get discouraged. There are going to be stalls sometimes for days, sometimes weeks! I've read alot of people in the other forums on here talk about it, and went on to lose lots of weight. I'm prepared mentally when it do hit since I know its normal. And we are fresh out of surgery, our bodies are going through alot right now. Take it easy, the weight will come off!

10lbs was pre-op' date=' 16lbs since surgery. How much did you lose pre-op? Dont get discouraged. There are going to be stalls sometimes for days, sometimes weeks! I've read alot of people in the other forums on here talk about it, and went on to lose lots of weight. I'm prepared mentally when it do hit since I know its normal. And we are fresh out of surgery, our bodies are going through alot right now. Take it easy, the weight will come off![/quote']

No pre-op loss. My BMI was 40 and if it fell below that up to the pre-admit the ins wouldn't pay.

I had those pains and am finally free of them (17 days out). As well- I discovered the Protein I was consuming was giving me the 'scoots'. I changed to Unjury and have had no issue since.

Scoots??? Hilarious!!! I'm almost 44 and never heard it called that.

Congrats to all the newbies! MissJ9. Be patient, and do not weigh everyday. Hide the one eyed monster,(the scale) your body has to adjust, it will lose, gain, stall, and gain again, but the long photo out in a year is what you should be focused on. Do not get discouraged, if you follow the rules, you will do great.

Scoots, lol, how I begged to have those, then I discovered MOM, Milk of Mag. WONDERFUL product, If I go 3 days without going, I either take that or Lemon Flavored Cod liver oil. it will knock whats in you out! :D

Edited by ImLooznit

I am almost 3 weeks out of surgery and doing ok except this aching feel like someone stabbed me in the ribs with a knife pain on my left side radiating into my back. I also get the poops pretty easily (tmi i know but what the hell... lol)..

anyone else experiencing either of these symptoms?

Yup, know the feeling, I had the same stabbing until my 5th week. I believe it is all part of the healing process where our pouch reattaches to surrounding tissue. I continue to slowly lose weight and drink enough Water to keep the pooping on plan.

My 4th week blood work was completely normal and my endroconologist told me that I am NO LONGER a Diabetic !!!!! I am seeing Dr. Reich on Wednesday for my 6th week evaluation and expect to get clearance to resume my full exercise workout.

So far, I am amazed with the ease of my recovery and learning to listen to my body instead of aimless food grazing. For the first time since my operation I took my wife out for Breakfast and I had 2 eggs and a piece of rye toast. Best of all, I didn't miss/wish/want my former 3-egg omelet, bacon, home fries, pancakes, toast, juice, and 2-3 cups of coffee breakfast.

Having my sleeve operation 9/3 was the best health decision I have ever made, no regrets - no diabetes - getting healthier every day!

Yup, know the feeling, I had the same stabbing until my 5th week. I believe it is all part of the healing process where our pouch reattaches to surrounding tissue. I continue to slowly lose weight and drink enough Water to keep the pooping on plan.

My 4th week blood work was completely normal and my endroconologist told me that I am NO LONGER a Diabetic !!!!! I am seeing Dr. Reich on Wednesday for my 6th week evaluation and expect to get clearance to resume my full exercise workout.

So far, I am amazed with the ease of my recovery and learning to listen to my body instead of aimless food grazing. For the first time since my operation I took my wife out for breakfast and I had 2 eggs and a piece of rye toast. Best of all, I didn't miss/wish/want my former 3-egg omelet, bacon, home fries, pancakes, toast, juice, and 2-3 cups of coffee breakfast.

Having my sleeve operation 9/3 was the best health decision I have ever made, no regrets - no diabetes - getting healthier every day!

What a great testimony for someone on the fence. Congratulations!!!