Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ABC '06 January Chat

I have been absent from the board for so long -- life intrudes. I got my 3rd fill in early December and it is still a good fill for me. I seem to have found the "sweet spot". My goals for 2007 are to exercise and to achieve my goal weight.

My most exciting NSV was when I went to buy new bras. I hadn't bought any since surgery. Well, I went from a 46DD to a 38D. I was totally shocked and thrilled.

I have noticed that now that I am wearing clothes that fit correctly, my weight loss is much more noticeable.

It's good to hear about everyone and to be back on the board!

Jessica

I have been absent from the board for so long -- life intrudes. I got my 3rd fill in early December and it is still a good fill for me. I seem to have found the "sweet spot". My goals for 2007 are to exercise and to achieve my goal weight.

My most exciting NSV was when I went to buy new bras. I hadn't bought any since surgery. Well, I went from a 46DD to a 38D. I was totally shocked and thrilled.

I have noticed that now that I am wearing clothes that fit correctly, my weight loss is much more noticeable.

It's good to hear about everyone and to be back on the board!

Jessica

Welcome Back Jessica,

You can now wear Victoria Secret's bras if you want! w000t. That was a good day for me, I missed my "body by Victoria" bras.

I use to go on an empty stomach for a fill, but the last one took place in the afternoon so I just ate my regular lunch and there was no problem.

Hey ya'll

I have found that I am getting hungry really fast so I am going in for my 3rd fill on 1/22 at 10:15. Dr. Spivak is my doctor too so if ya'll get together let me know. I have only been walking right now. I want to start with some small weights soon.

Okay, because I always forget, :huggie: what should you eat before and after a fill? Thanks for the help.

I had a NSV today! :clap2: Someone at my church came up to me and asked me how much I had lost (she doesn't know about my surgery). She told me I looked great and boy did that feel good :biggrin1: .

Best to all,

Clarityseeker.

Glad to hear from you and know you're doing well. Nice NSV. I was excited to buy some cute lacy panties yesterday! I need some bras to match but I'm not sure of my size anymore. I have to go to Victoria's Secret. They'll measure you. I know I'm not a 42 DD any more as I have them on the tightest hook and they keep riding up. Yay!!!

Hello everyone I havent been on here in so long. I really missed this place LOL I have had so many ups and downs in the past few months that it has been hard to stay focused but Im trying still. I know I shouldve come here and posted I know it would have helped. Well anyway now I'm back haha I have now had 3 fills my first was 3cc's and my second and third were each 1cc, my last one being done last monday. I am more than halfway to my first mini goal. My tracker is indicating my second goal of weighing 200lbs. but my first goal is to lose 100lbs so I only have 37lbs left to get their I hope to be their by my one year mark. Well its nice to be back and I'll post more tomorrow its late and i need some sleep. Congrats to everyones weight losses Keep up the good work!!!

Hey all. I'm not lovin' myband so much today. I've had the worst heartburn for several hours now. More like 'throat burn'. Yet, I've been feeling kind of hungry and food obsessed. It is ridiculously cold outside and I so easily turn to food when trapped indoors. I have lost a few pounds since my last fill but I feel a lack of momentum since the holidays.

The burning the the throat, I think it is from taking pills. I have 2 small pills I take at night. Since I was get heartburn I switched to day -- but I STILL get the burn. Maybe I should try having them in the middle of a meal? Any ideas? It's not exactly heartburn, but like I said, throat burn. I've found some other threads about it and it sounds like there isn't much you can do.

Hey all. I'm not lovin' myband so much today. I've had the worst heartburn for several hours now. More like 'throat burn'. Yet, I've been feeling kind of hungry and food obsessed. It is ridiculously cold outside and I so easily turn to food when trapped indoors. I have lost a few pounds since my last fill but I feel a lack of momentum since the holidays.

The burning the the throat, I think it is from taking pills. I have 2 small pills I take at night. Since I was get heartburn I switched to day -- but I STILL get the burn. Maybe I should try having them in the middle of a meal? Any ideas? It's not exactly heartburn, but like I said, throat burn. I've found some other threads about it and it sounds like there isn't much you can do.

I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. I find that I get the feeling after eating more than I should have. I take about 7 pills each morning, without food, and have no side effects from them. My only suggestion would be make sure you are not over eating before you feel the throat burn and if you still think it is your pills, try drinking some milk (or eating) when you taken them. If you decide to drink milk when taking them, make sure the medication will allow you to. I have a cholesterol med that can not be taken with milk.

Hope this helps!

Steph

I have an appointment with my surgeon next week and am debating if I should get a fill or not. I haven't lost any weight in about 3 weeks, but I haven't gained any either (saying with the same 4 pounds). When I eat, I definatelly feel full very fast, but within a few hours I am hungrey again and have to find something to eat.

Have any of you had this situation? Do you suggest a fill or not?

ANY and ALL suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,

Steph

Losin It, I think if you aren't having any PB/golfball episodes and you're not losing weight then get a fill. I think we can get reluctant to tinker with the tool for fear that we will be TOO tight. But the more I read about it, it seems like the most succesful bandsters go for fills at the first sign of a stall in WL.

Thanks for the advice on the pills. I will try some milk today.

I'd have to agree. No weight loss in a week or so signals a fill to me. That is of course that you're not filling up on junk. I've done it myself a few times and my weight loss stalled until I got back on track.

Hey all,

I just had my 4th fill Friday. From 1.75 to 2.25cc's. I feel actually hungrier than I was before I got the fill. Anyone else have this problem or is it all in my head??

I have an appointment with my surgeon next week and am debating if I should get a fill or not. I haven't lost any weight in about 3 weeks, but I haven't gained any either (saying with the same 4 pounds). When I eat, I definatelly feel full very fast, but within a few hours I am hungrey again and have to find something to eat.

Have any of you had this situation? Do you suggest a fill or not?

ANY and ALL suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,

Steph

I couldn't eat more when I needed a fill either, I was just getting hungry within two hours. In my fill, I learned that I had lost about .5ccs so I defintely needed the fill. So if you are getting hungry too soon, I agree you need a fill.

Good luck!

Hey all,

I just had my 4th fill Friday. From 1.75 to 2.25cc's. I feel actually hungrier than I was before I got the fill. Anyone else have this problem or is it all in my head??

I think it may be mental. I know before my last fill, I was pretty much able to eat anything. After the fill, I was seriously restricted and I actually got a little depressed about it. I think I was falling into my old habits of turning to food for comfort. I kept thinking about all the things I couldn't have and started to lose focus on the goal. It took me a little time and some weight loss before I started to "forget" about the food.< /p>

You'll feel better soon, I'm sure.

I have had my 3rd fill and it definitely kicked in. This is going to sound crazy but I ate 151 calories yesterday and only had 168 calories today. I am trying to eat, I am just so restricted that I can only have liquids for Breakfast. Then I had a slice of a deviled egg for lunch. Then 4 pieces of fajita meat and a bit of cheese for dinner.

Should I go in for an "unfill"? I don't want them to take too much out like they have other people. I havent dropped any pounds in over 2 weeks. I am not worried about not dropping pounds because I am better off than I would be.

Hi ladies! I'm another one who hasn't posted here in a loooooong time. :D I am completely stalled, haven't lost anything in over 6 weeks. I went on vacation the begining of December and hadn't wanted to get a fill before then for fear I would get too restricted while out of state. Then, didn't have time to fit one in before the holidays. I finally went in last week he couldn't access my port at all. He thinks it's totally flipped now. :( So I'm going in next Tuesday to get a port revision. I don't even have to be put completely under. They just give me a local and enough Versaid so I don't care what they're doing ;) and make a new incision over my old one, reposition the port, and stitch it back into place. He's going to put it closer to the skin so it shouldn't flip and will be easier to access. Which means if I ever get to goal weight (God willing!) I may need a low profile one put in, but at this point I don't care. I just want it to work finally.

I feel like I haven't even been banded this last 2 months. I have no restriction at all, so can eat pretty much anything. Not as much as before, but I can eat more than I should. I'm a little nervous to finally get it fixed though. I feel like I'm first getting banded. I never did get good restriction, so I'm not even sure what it feels like. He's going to give me a nice big fill while he's fixing my port, so by next week I'll be finally able to work with my band! Yay! Now I just need to stock up on some liquids and mushies for the first few days after I get my revision and fill. :)

Keep up the great work ladies! I'm so jealous of some of your stats. You are all doing fantastic.