Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I crazy? Puree stage, i oscillate between starving and VERY full !

So..... I am on day 18 post op, in the throes of the PUREE stage and feel like I am:

1. always tired. Can't seem to get quite to 60-80g of Protein..... HAAAAAAATE ALL shakes and powders. They gag me.

2. When I eat (let's say 1 egg with a sprinkle of cheese on them), it first of all..... takes me like 15-20 mins if I do not want to feel pain in my stomach (i can eat refried Beans, but ANY thing like that is sooooooooooooooooooooo heavy on my stomach and makes me feel terrible!!!

3. Wondering if my ability to eat just a WEE bit more will ever come! ( i know I did this for a reason, but I am OVER only being able to eat Soup, broth, SF popsicles, shakes and diet liquids without feeling it feel like a BOULDER in my stomach after one or two bites!!! :(

4.And to top alllll this off.... i seemed to have stalled ..... grrrrr.....

Just looking for your experiences with this stage, does it get better and am I really crazy??? :***- {

I was sleeved the 28th and had my band removed same time. Just started the pureed stage 2 days ago. First day was ok. Yesterday got nauseous which is still happening now. Its like a eat a whole cow instead of one tablespoon of refried Beans. Hate shakes I gag too. I have never been a fan of milk drinking so its hard to drink any kind of shakes. Is there a low carb smoothie I can have? Maybe I could tolerate that. Anyhow you and I are in the same boat and all we can do is row or sink.

So..... I am on day 18 post op' date=' in the throes of the PUREE stage and feel like I am:

1. always tired. Can't seem to get quite to 60-80g of Protein..... HAAAAAAATE ALL shakes and powders. They gag me.

2. When I eat (let's say 1 egg with a sprinkle of cheese on them), it first of all..... takes me like 15-20 mins if I do not want to feel pain in my stomach (i can eat refried Beans, but ANY thing like that is sooooooooooooooooooooo heavy on my stomach and makes me feel terrible!!!

3. Wondering if my ability to eat just a WEE bit more will ever come! ( i know I did this for a reason, but I am OVER only being able to eat Soup, broth, SF popsicles, shakes and diet liquids without feeling it feel like a BOULDER in my stomach after one or two bites!!! :(

4.And to top alllll this off.... i seemed to have stalled ..... grrrrr.....

Just looking for your experiences with this stage, does it get better and am I really crazy??? :***- {[/quote']

All my Protein Shakes made me sick. I started drinking Isopure and that has been better for me. Have you tried them? My doctor told me that if I want it sweeter, to mix in a packet of Splenda.

Hang in there! Your stomach will take some time to heal. Try some fish that is broiled and eat tiny bites. I find that to be very easy on the stomach. You should be able to eat this if you are trying eggs. It is much easier on the stomach. Your energy level can take some time to get back especially if you are dehydrated or not getting enough Protein. You can get dizzy and disoriented with this also. I always know when I didn't complete enough liquids or protein because this will happen to me. Have you tried Premier Protein drinks? They are excellent! You get 30g of protein with 1 shake. You can buy them at Sam's or costco. It seems to be the go to drink for most of us. As far as the stall is concerned it might be partly because you aren't getting your required protein or liquids. Your body thinks it's starving and is trying to hang on to whatever it can. My doctor told me "You will lose the weight as the math will win over the function of the body". Hang in there it will get better!!! Keep us posted!! :)

All my Protein shakes made me sick. I started drinking Isopure and that has been better for me. Have you tried them? My doctor told me that if I want it sweeter, to mix in a packet of Splenda.

I got the Isopure "unflavored" and because the scoops are SOOOOO huge, I tried to put ONE scoop in some SF Sobe (oh God.... the thought of how nasty it was makes me want to throw up)..... so I have not gotten the Isopure in any other flavor (scared much....). I have spent soooo much $$ on the Proteins to "try them" that I am reticent to plunk down another $35-$40+ for one.....

I am praying that my "capacity" will open up a teensy bit more so that I can get ALL of my Protein from food eventually.... I dont see how I can do "shakes" everyday (even as a supplement) for the rest of my life :( becuase I abhor them so strongly!

Hang in there! Your stomach will take some time to heal. Try some fish that is broiled and eat tiny bites. I find that to be very easy on the stomach. You should be able to eat this if you are trying eggs. It is much easier on the stomach. Your energy level can take some time to get back especially if you are dehydrated or not getting enough Protein. You can get dizzy and disoriented with this also. I always know when I didn't complete enough liquids or Protein because this will happen to me. Have you tried Premier Protein drinks? They are excellent! You get 30g of protein with 1 shake. You can buy them at Sam's or costco. It seems to be the go to drink for most of us. As far as the stall is concerned it might be partly because you aren't getting your required protein or liquids. Your body thinks it's starving and is trying to hang on to whatever it can. My doctor told me "You will lose the weight as the math will win over the function of the body". Hang in there it will get better!!! Keep us posted!! :)

Thank you!!! I have 2 boxes of the Premier on hand and can "tolerate" them the bset, but they, too, are still VERY hard to drink even two of the shakes in a day (i.e. to get in my minimum of 60g). But I do NOT want to loose my hair,so I going to HAVE to find a way to push forward and GET THAT PROTEIN in! lol

I will try the fish tonight!!! Thanks and glad to know that I am still "healing".... I Have no idea how long it takes for my stomach to be "healed"..... is it still swollen, is it still (it seems so) a bit angry? Just wondering about the timeline for healing?

I was sleeved the 28th and had my band removed same time. Just started the pureed stage 2 days ago. First day was ok. Yesterday got nauseous which is still happening now. Its like a eat a whole cow instead of one tablespoon of refried Beans. Hate shakes I gag too. I have never been a fan of milk drinking so its hard to drink any kind of shakes. Is there a low carb smoothie I can have? Maybe I could tolerate that. Anyhow you and I are in the same boat and all we can do is row or sink.

Ok! So it's NOT just me! I feel the EXACT same way (like I have eaten a COW with just a couple bites of beans.... wondering WHYYYYYY they said we can have this at this stage :wacko: if it makes our new little stomach's feel not so good(??)

Not sure about the smoothie, but someone did post that a frozen 1/2 a banana and the Premier chocolate shake blended up is pretty good! Think I'll try that today :D

Guess like in "Finding Nemo".... like Dory said we just have to "Just keep swimming, swimmiing, swimming..." lol

If you are on puree you can start introducing more real food Proteins, I used a lot of canned meats(tuna, chicken, deviled ham) and cheeses in that phase just blend them if necessary to get the puree consistently. I have also read of people blending any type of meat. It's important to remember that your body needs Protein to heal so these problem will take longer to get better if you don't find some way to get enough protein in. Good Luck.

I got the Isopure "unflavored" and because the scoops are SOOOOO huge' date=' I tried to put ONE scoop in some SF Sobe (oh God.... the thought of how nasty it was makes me want to throw up)..... so I have not gotten the Isopure in any other flavor (scared much....). I have spent soooo much on the Proteins to "try them" that I am reticent to plunk down another 35-40+ for one.....

I am praying that my "capacity" will open up a teensy bit more so that I can get ALL of my Protein from food eventually.... I dont see how I can do "shakes" everyday (even as a supplement) for the rest of my life :( becuase I abhor them so strongly![/quote']

I got the blue one and the apple melon one, I also got the new coconut one. The new coconut one only has 20 grams of Protein, but it was really good. The Vitamin shop I went to let me try them before I bought them.

Have you tried the Isopure ready to drink? In the glass bottles? I was getting in like 10g of Protein and I knew that was going to catch up to me. So I got the bottles and they have 40g protein in one bottle and they aren't bad at all! Even though they are expensive. 4.19 a bottle but it is helping me lose weight so it's worth it, and easy to get down.

I got the Isopure in the bottles. I like the idea of not having to mix it myself and each bottle has 40 grams in it. The new coconut one only has 20. But if I drink one all day 40 grams is better then none.

This makes me nervous because I'm 8 days out and can eat more then you. I could eat a whole scrambled egg over half hour. And my doc has me on purée too.

This makes me nervous because I'm 8 days out and can eat more then you. I could eat a whole scrambled egg over half hour. And my doc has me on purée too.

I feel the I feel the e

I feel the exact same way. I feel that I could eat and eat but obviously don't try. I am still on cloudy liquids until the 27th but at the moment honestly yes I feel like I could eat anything I wanted. I can't stomach Protein Shakes at all makes me squeamish just to think of them. I am doing Protein Shots however; my physician told me only drink 1/2 of the 26gms per day at the moment. I will be honest I am growing weary of eating/drinking the same thing everyday. I know temporary but I never feel "full" or satisfied. Enough of my griping...happy Friday everyone!

Thank you!!! I have 2 boxes of the Premier on hand and can "tolerate" them the bset, but they, too, are still VERY hard to drink even two of the shakes in a day (i.e. to get in my minimum of 60g). But I do NOT want to loose my hair,so I going to HAVE to find a way to push forward and GET THAT Protein in! lol

I will try the fish tonight!!! Thanks and glad to know that I am still "healing".... I Have no idea how long it takes for my stomach to be "healed"..... is it still swollen, is it still (it seems so) a bit angry? Just wondering about the timeline for healing?

You will be able to tell when the swelling in your stomach is going down because you will tolerate things much easier. You will find drinking is all of a sudden much easier and you will be able to get more liquids in instead of just a sip. I try new foods 1 at a time and if it didn't go well the first time then I try it again the next week. But honestly I have been very lucky with the food tolerance. I haven't thrown up yet but when I was where you are now I did notice my stomach was tender with a few foods so I didn't push it. I enjoyed eating it until I new I had to stop and dealt with the uncomfortableness (it shouldn't be horrible!) for about 45 minutes and I was good to go. I was just so happy to be able to eat something different but I did not push it........stop and enjoy what you were able to take in. Another good vegetable I was able to tolerate early was sauteed spinach it went great with the fish!! I drink the premier Protein Shakes 1 in the morning and one before bedtime. Otherwise I don't even want to think about them! They are still a necessity and after 7 weeks I tolerate them. Anything else just makes me heave at the thought of them. :)

Your stomach is definitely still healing as is mine (I am 5 weeks post op). I haven't even gone near bread, rice, steak etc. Things that are tougher to digest I have not done yet and will in time but not just yet. My doctor sent me home wanting me to try puree within 7 days and if I tolerated that he wanted me moving on to mushy foods etc. Each doctor is different so make sure you are listening to what yours wants you to do. :)

This was the hardest stage for me. Hang in there your stomach is still swollen. I was having a hard time with Protein Shakes also at that point. I ended up with the EAS ready to drink vanilla and I blend them with a handful of ice a little bid of Water and a little bit of coffee or Peanut Butter. I had to water them down because I couldn't stand the consistency or sweetness of them!