Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Found the info Kim.

I am coming up on 4 years in a couple days. In the past few weeks I have noticed I can eat a lot more at one time. Of course this is more junk. If I stick to dense Proteins I still find I have great restriction. My problem has been that being down I've just been turning to the junk...slipping back into old habits and I don't want this to continue. I want to put a stop to it now.

Denise I forgot to say I hope you enjoy you're time with your new guy!

Denise, I just hope to kick myself out of some bad habits.... Protein first....and less carbs... The 5 day test (I don't have a pouch...) is supposed to do that, and so far so good. The cravings are not gone all the way, but I do see the light.... they are not ruling my day at this point. Depression is such an insidious thing... it just puts on a filter where the joy is drained out of life. Sorry ladies, I have been feeling a bit depressed the last few weeks as well. Starting the 5 day test and getting back into the swing of things helps me see things can change for the better. Sending love to you all!

Kim glad that it is working for you and I do want to join you but not in the right head space at the moment. I have a week off work next week and I'm off to France on the train. We are going from London to Marseille, it takes 6.5hrs, we have booked lunch on the train and an extra bottle of wine will be in my hand luggage. I hope it will be a calm sunny environment where hubby and I can have time to relax and chill.

Coops sorry work is such a stress for you at the moment, I know you got a new posting last September has it not given you what you hoped. Or, as in most education establishments are they dumping everything on you because they know you will do a good job.

Sarah it's such a shame that you are not looking forward to the trip due to car journey. Are you apprehensive about being in a car now or is it just the physical symptoms it gives you?

Denise you sound happy about the new man, it must be a great joy to you that you have someone to dance with as you have told us what great enjoyment you get from dancing.

Anyone heard from Georgia or seen her posting elsewhere?

I'm just going out the front to shovel stones- I think that will be my exercise for today.

Cathy, it's just the physical symptoms that are the issue. I don't mind driving a car too much but I do get a little nervous in parking lots. I'm just worried about the dizziness on the trip. Motion for me causes dizziness although I am seeing minor improvements so that is promising.

Seriously, who would ever think that an accident in a school parking lot would cause this much trouble. It has put such a damper on my life and the life of my family. I've missed out on a lot in the past 5 months bc of this. No, it wasn't my fault. A teacher was speeding and ran a stop sign right when I turned into the parking lot. Yes, I do have a lawyer. Nothing will be done until all of the symptoms are over or they are as good as they will get.

Kim, sorry you are down. You have suffered a lot of loss in the past year.

I hate depression. Depression runs in my family. When I was younger my mom had severe depression. She was even hospitalized to get help. When she was a child she was abused and for years she blocked it from her memory. When she realized what happened she got help. She is a different person now.

Sometimes I hate it when I look at my life and I try to imagine why I am sad and why I have depression. Other people have things so much worse than I. It's like I get mad at myself because I shouldn't be depressed.

Today is a good day though. I feel pretty good so I will live in the moment and enjoy this time.

Here is a selfie I took with my boys today. My 15 year old is taller than I am and my 12 year old is almost as tall as I am now.

post-112250-14322304426056_thumb.jpg

Cathy! That sounds devine! Have a wonderful time. I love trains.....  been too long......

I see Georgia on Face Book and on MFP... but not around here for a long time... perhaps BP burn out? Hope she comes "home" soon....

SarSar, depression is a desease, how well you live and circomstances are only part of the story. Injury does not help eather. I am glad you are feeling a bit better.... hopefully one step closer to final glowing health! The boys are lovely.... and you look great!

I don't think my spell check is working... all the words look WRONG.

Cathy, I forgot to add that my sister is leaving for Paris on Sunday. She has never been there. I'm a bit jealous. Have a fabulous vacation/holiday!

I'm sorry so many of us are depressed. I don't know what i even have to be depressed about. I really like Owen and he seems to like me. We've been together night and day for almost a week but I think he's taking his boat out tomorrow. He's waiting to hear the weather. It's been so windy, he hasn't wanted to take it out because the ocean is so rough.

I haven't weighed myself. I just spent 2 days at his house with no scale so I'll weigh tomorrow. I hope I haven't gained much. Owen does not eat junk food so that will help.

I really hope as summer gets here, all of us start feeling better.

Sar, I am pretty sure i'll be coming to Chicago this summer is you are up to driving. I don't want you to feel pressure though.

I have just read 5 day pouch test owners manual while I was on the train and I am pumped up to get on with it when I get back.

Everyone will recognise the 4 rules

Protein first

Water

No sliders

Exercise

It made me look at why I did this op and what I wanted from it. It's true I went to a foreign country, where I did not know the doctor, and allowed him to operate on me. I wanted this so badly then so what has changed? I have allowed a change in mindset to take over, become lazy and complacent. I'm not where I want to be so I have to take control.

Kim I hope you are doing well on the 5 day pouch and am really interested to hear your comments on how it was. I know it is not about losing weight but about feeling in control again.

I did lose 5 1/2 pounds, and as soon as I ate some carbs it started to come back. It was worth doing, I really saw how eating almost all Protein and drinking enough Water can work so well. I hope to follow through with more protein, and will use some form of it on my 5:2 days.

Denise, let me know when you'll be in town and hopefully we can work something out this time! I think I can handle the drive there, it's not that far from me. I hope to be feeling much better in the near future.

Glad you're having a nice time with Owen. What does he do with his home when he is on his boat and gone for weeks at a time?

Cathy, great thoughts.

Kim, that's a lot to lose in 5 days. I have been eating too many carbs and too much junk. I can't believe how much I can eat but as soon as I go back to the Protein I fell right up really quick and my sleeve does just what it's supposed to do.

For me it's all been emotional eating. Going back to the same old habits because I don't want to deal with life right now. I wish being thin automatically meant that I was happy all of the time! I know that's not reality but I wish it was.

I've been reading up on intermittent fasting (IF). Not just 5:2 but actually fasting on a regular basis. It's interesting to read about. It sounds like it works long term for some people and it doesn't for others. Same as anything else out there.

I was also reading that some people have had issues with mood and such but it seems to get better the longer they keep up with the IFing.

I forgot I was going to say that today is my 19th wedding anniversary. We didn't do anything special. I wasn't in the mood to go anywhere or do anything.

I then remembered that on Saturday it was 4 years ago that I was sleeved. I am thankful for my sleeve and I wonder what the next year will have in store for me...

Congratulations Sarah. You might not have felt in the mood to Celebrate this anniversary but look forward and start planning something special now for the 20th.XX

Well I hate to add to the general downer mood here... but I am feeling less than stellar myself.

question I keep wondering is... "is this just the human condition, or is there something about the formerly obese that make us more prone to this?"

I know for me that it very much wrapped up in my "mid life crisis" as far as not being sure what I really want out of life, what the next phases of life really hold for me. So many of my basic goals from my youth are either accomplished or whatever... and continue to struggle with something new to focus on.

Most of the time I focus alot on fun and that makes me feel pretty good and allows me to avoid spending too much time in that "thought valley". Lately i have not been doing fun things at all. Not at all. I don't feel depressed per se, but i have zero desire to go out and dance, work out, ride horses or really do any of the things I normally would enjoy.

Sarah, Happy Wedding Anniversary... and Happy Sleeve-sary too! x

I need to talk to my brother again and look at airfare but I am thinking I want to go to Chicago  the last week in July.

I really need to dig in and find the willpower to stop eating past a certain time. That's what was best about  5:2 for me. I don't eat much at meals but it's non stop snacking from about 9 pm on. I don't go to bed until after midnight but I really do try to cut it off earlier than that.

things are going fine with Owen but I am seeing that he drinks more than I thought. He doesn't really act any differently, and I am not sure if it's a problem for me or not.