Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sheryl.... more surgery :( ! Well, it is good to know the facts, and you knew something was wrong, and you can move forward to fixing it. I read a blog at one point about dancers that get hip replacements... and go on to dance (ballet!). You can too!

I am back on 5:2... kind of bouncing around in the same place... but still working it. I hope I can get off this plateau soon...  thanks for asking! 

I had a pain in my shoulder that was just killing me. I could hardly move my arm.

I had one of those shots in my shoulder and haven't had any problems with it since.

Sheryl, maybe the shot will give you some relief until you decide to have hip replacement. I wish they could do spine replacement. I'd sign right up for that!

I met Karl, the retired teacher. He is very nice. I am not attracted to him though. I am sure we will stay friends and maybe something could develop later on down the road. He doesn't know anyone other than his neighbors. I think he has his profile hidden because I wanted to read his questions on ok cupid and his profile is gone. He told me he did not delete it. Maybe he is like me. I'd rather do the searching myself and keep my profile hidden so I get less messages from dirty old men. The bad part is he lives an hour away. It's fine for the summer when it stays light out for so long. He does not like to drive in the dark.

I am down to 143 but if I eat one wrong thing, it will go up and it takes a week to get it off. I would love to get under 140 again. I am trying to have willpower when everyone around me  is eating chips, candy, etc in front of me.

Sheryl, is everything still going well with Scott?

Denise, I would kiss a porcupine if it meant I could be at 140!!!!

We moved offices this week, now we are crammed into what used to be a conference room, 8 people and a dog in a room that is barely 2 desks wide by 4 desks long :/ To make matters worse, we share a wall with the kitchen, which is a general gathering area, so it is loud AND the smells of peoples lunches comes wafting through, EFFING TORTURE.

Today I have had tea, a plain cardamom roll, and a shake; I'm into this brand called Milkshake Bar, it is expensive but the most delicious shake I've had in four years of Protein Shakes so, worth it. Today is strawberry shortcake.

I had a cortisone shot in my hip over a year ago. It helped tremendously but it does not solve the underlying problem. Sometimes, it does solve a problem because it just calms things down and gives it a chance to heal. you don't heal from severe arthritis. However, the shot will help with problems like the muscles all "tightening up" - right now my right leg is significantly shorter then my left which is causing back, knee and other pain. This is just a reaction to the pain and stress. So, I need to actually talk to the doc, but my cortison shot is scheduled for Thursday, I am researching surgeons etc for replacement (Valley General in Renton is one of Healthgrades top 100 facilities for hip replacement for example) and thinking it might be as soon as this fall. I simple refuse to become disabled at age 50 over this. This last weekend I had a wonderful time, but it made me sad that even a 3 hour ride was nearly unbearable. I had to walk alot of it and was heavily medicated with tylonol to even do that.

Things are going good with Scott - we are compatible in many ways. He is a true outdoorsman and came with me on the horse camping trip with some of my friends this last weekend. He was really a pleasure to travel with and to spend 2.5 days with. He isn't too horse knowledgable, but held his own and we had a good time. I guess we have been together long enough to become aware of some possible concerns regarding a long term relationship, but I CANNOT bear the idea of going back to a dating website, I enjoy our time together, so not motivated to make any changes right now... we shall see. In fact, going over to make beer with him tonight and this weekend we are going fishing again! I love having a man to do things with - not just go out for drinks and dinner, but to actually do real life things with! I have been looking for this for quite some time!

A few pix from this weekend!post-122684-0-04900900-1431466327_thumb.jpg post-122684-0-29332500-1431466369_thumb.jpg post-122684-0-53653000-1431466388_thumb.jpg post-122684-0-06427300-1431466413_thumb.jpg post-122684-0-19860100-1431466434_thumb.jpg

That sounds wonderful Sheryl. YOu said "possible concerns regarding a long term relationship" I have concluded that nobody is perfect and you have to take the bad with the good. As long as the bad doesn't carry more weight than the good.

I met this guy 2 weeks ago while out dancing. He loves to dance. I had a great time with him. Last night he called to ask if I would be at the regular Wed.night get together. We danced every dance and then I brought him back to  my house. He is a fabulous kisser but that's as far as it went. We are supposed to hang out today and I am on pins and needles waiting for him to call. I originally didn't want to get involved with him because he is a fisherman and their lives are very undependable. But after kissing him, now there is no going back. I want to see him when he's not out fishing. Unfortunately, he goes out for a few days at a time.

I'm not doing 5:2 but I think I am getting closer to wanting to fast. I am tired of carrying this extra ten lbs. I want to wear the clothes that are too tight. I'm trying to be good but I've been going from 143-145. I've been trying not to snack at night but I always having more Snacks than I should through out the evening.

Just got back from the hip injection - it was xray (floroscopy) guided. I don't feel good at all, but i suspect it is just that I am not coping well with the pain. Over the last 2 weeks I have found myself eating more - I just hurt so damn much I can't get relief. They numb you for the injection, but when they get to the bone... it still smarts. Anyway, right now everything just feels weird. I think I am gonna play hookey from the rest of the day at work and just go take a nap since I am not going to be productive anyway.

Keeping fingers crossed that this helps.

Denise, everybody has "issues and drawbacks" that is absolutely right. What has happened with Scott is that when we first met he expressed that he was so ready for a relationship but i wondered about a few things - like his divorce was final over a year ago and he hadn't dated anyone yet...hmmm. I called it correctly from the beginning - and he has now told me that I recognized right off the bat some realities that he didn't realize until recently. He is essentially traumatized from his ex wife/divorce - it was off the hook bad deal. On top of that, he had something very negative happen at work about a month ago that continues to plague him (and due to divorce settlement, the financial stress of keeping his big paying job is a big deal).

So, what he wants is for me to wait for him to sort some things out, but doesn't want to ask me to do that because it isn't fair to me (his words). I am okay - what i mean is that I am not in a big hurry or anything. The problem I am experiencing is that even though i KNOW why he is pulling back emotionally, I am experiencing it as rejection. I am having a hard time talking my heart into understanding it the way that my mind does.

I am very encouraged that he has started back up with frequent counseling and is taking seriously the emotional issues that have been

stirred up by our growing relationship. Gotta admire a man who is willing to "deal with his shit" so to speak.

We see each other often, we do active and interesting things together (camped together all weekend, I went over for dinner and made beer together Tuesday night, we go fishing on Sunday etc)... for now, it is okay but I know that if I continue to feel rejected in any way I won't fall in love. It is a self discovery for me too... quantity of time together isn't really that important to me, it is more the "feeling" I have when I have interacted with a person and right now it isn't all that loving.

His daughter arrives for the summer at the end of May. 3 months ago, I know he was scheming how we could meet without it causing big drama but at this point, I don't think I will meet her at all... things have moved to that level of uncertainty. She is horse crazy and I of course have an extra, very safe horse... so it could have been a pretty fun summer for me and a little girl but I don't think it is going to happen that way unless I really step up and make it so. I am not sure that is the right thing and he is pretty damn confused right now.

anyway, all that is second fiddle to how much my damn hip hurts right now. :(

The injection sounds painful, I hope it gives you the relief you need.XX

I had a cortisone shot in my hip over a year ago.  It helped tremendously but it does not solve the underlying problem. Sometimes, it does solve a problem because it just calms things down and gives it a chance to heal.  you don't heal from severe arthritis.  However, the shot will help with problems like the muscles all "tightening up" - right now my right leg is significantly shorter then my left which is causing back, knee and other pain.  This is just a reaction to the pain and stress.  So, I need to actually talk to the doc, but my cortison shot is scheduled for Thursday, I am researching surgeons etc for replacement (Valley General in Renton is one of Healthgrades top 100 facilities for hip replacement for example) and thinking it might be as soon as this fall. I simple refuse to become disabled at age 50 over this.  This last weekend I had a wonderful time, but it made me sad that even a 3 hour ride was nearly unbearable. I had to walk alot of it and was heavily medicated with tylonol to even do that.

Things are going good with Scott - we are compatible in many ways.  He is a true outdoorsman and came with me on the horse camping trip with some of my friends this last weekend. He was really a pleasure to travel with and to spend 2.5 days with.  He isn't too horse knowledgable, but held his own and we had a good time. I guess we have been together long enough to become aware of some possible concerns regarding a long term relationship, but I CANNOT bear the idea of going back to a dating website, I enjoy our time together, so not motivated to make any changes right now... we shall see. In fact, going over to make beer with him tonight and this weekend we are going fishing again!  I love having a man to do things with - not just go out for drinks and dinner, but to actually do real life things with!  I have been looking for this for quite some time!

A few pix from this weekend!attachicon.gif2015-0510_0307(1).jpgattachicon.gif2015-0510_0318.jpgattachicon.gif2015-0510_312.jpgattachicon.gif2015-0510_0286.jpgattachicon.gif2015-0510_0284.jpg

This looks so much fun. Great pics too. I have been having more pain lately as well... the hip, which just got better over night after surgery is starting up again. I have gained weight, and perhaps this is the culprit. I am having trouble so far losing it... was up to 189 last week, am down to 187 right now, but cant seem to get below that yet... still trying. My bounce was 171-173ish.  OH to be back in the 70's again. My life is a real chalange right now... All the deaths in the last year are piling up on me now... just sadder than usual... my job is slowly going down the drain... they just announced they are stopping health care and we will all have to go onto California Care... I am so glad it is there, but my low paying job will now leave me with more expences and probably no more pay. The idea of changing medical plans and going to a different set of Drs really blows... I will have to see how that all goes.  I have two law suits in the works and one more on the horizion... I never thought I would see that in my life... so stressfull. One suit about my job, and two about my house. I make so little, and can live on so little another $100 hurts, but I can probably do it if no big things come up. My only real luxury expences are the Gym and my ancestry.com membership, and trying to eat organic more often than not. I am also tied into my dog insurance untill the end of the year... even though shes dead. If I was into astrology, I would have to say there is some big shakeup in the stars right now for me....

Love hearing about the dating ladies... It has been so long sence I was in the "scene" that I can imagine being there myself... but I hear your complex needs and desires... as well as the simple ones. Having someone to do stuff with is a joy with the right person.

Kim, dating sucks. I am sure Sheryl feels the same way. If we could find the man that is the right one for us, we would be happy to give up dating.

I just don't want to be alone. I am alone most of the time. I know I will be alone even more if I get any fatter.

Kim, I think I saw you asking about 5 day pouch, are you doing it and if so any results? I have been reading the website.

Kim, I think I saw you asking about 5 day pouch, are you doing it and if so any results? I have been reading the website.

Cathy, I started it yesterday, and lost 3 pounds the first day! All Water, but thats still great! I just had to try something to get out of my rut.... days one and two- Protein Drinks, Soups including hearty soups, SF pudding and Jello, really not that hard to follow for two days.... join me?

Day three- I lost 5 pounds over the first two days... Water weight.... so far so good.

Gotta be honest ladies, I am on a bit of a downer just lately - trying to get my head out of the shed but lady luck isn't being kind to me... all related to work I'm afraid and the fact that I am still suffering with sinus problems; that is dragging me down too... I just want to feel well again. Everything and everybody are getting on my nerves. I am getting more hot flushes, which I am putting down to feeling stressed. I don't normally feel prolonged stress but this year it has been at a constant in one area or another!

I hope there will be a period of calm soon...

Sorry to hear about the physical problems that are concerning you ladies ... when the body is hurting it is hard on the mind - hugs x

Sue, I feel for you. I've been going through the same thing. Sorry you're having a rough time.

Since my accident in December it feels like things keep going downhill. I'm trying to remember that I am making progress. Im still having problems with dizziness so that's keeping me from doing the normal things and keeping me from working out on a regular basis. I can't stand it. I feel like I'm turning to mush. My muscle tone is deteriorating.

I'm nervous about this trip out west that we are taking in a few weeks. We will be spending a lot of time driving. Driving makes me dizzy.

Kim, what's the pouch test that you are doing? I haven't been on the boards much so I didn't see anything.

Sheryl, how is the hip? Any better?

Sorry to hear you're down, Coops! I hope you feel better soon and whatever is dragging you down at work is resolved soon!

Kim, I have never tried the pouch test. I always think I would gain whatever I lost as soon as I stopped it. I've just been trying to eat low carb and do Protein Drinks for Breakfast and lunch.< /p>

Sar, I am so sorry to hear you're still having problems from your accident. I can't remember who was at fault. If it was not you, I hope you have gotten a lawyer.

My new man is home for a few days. Owen came back from out at sea fishing. I am so excited I finally found a man that likes to dance. We are going dancing tonight. He will be home a little longer bc he had to take his boat out of the Water for repairs. So I will have him around a little longer.

I'm trying to eat low carb and I am hanging at 142 and I want to be under 140. I don't think it will happen without me starving myself. I still can't work out. I hope this physical therapy actually helps me learn how to help my back. I can't take this pain down my leg. It's weird how my leg can hurt so much from something going out in my back.