Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kelly, I am so glad you checked in! Right when I said I wish you would check in, too!

I don't know why we aren't getting notifications for this group. I have to go to the right and click on the little circle next to my name and then click content I follow.

I hope you won't stay away so long next time. We all have to stick together. Veterans  fighting the good fight!

I've gained mine in my hips and thighs. Saddle bags I believe is what they are called. It really upsets me that I had the surgery to get rid of horrible sciatica, and now , it's worse and not better after the surgery. I tried going to gym last week and I was so happy while i was there, but I've paid for it ever since with a lot of pain throughout my left leg and lower back.

I just have to stop the snacking completely. It's so easy to pick at stuff and not think I'm eating much.

Okay, I've had Protein Shakes for 2 days, organ meat pate for dinner, a handful of cashews. Today I had homemade green chile and pinto Beans, about 3/4 of a cups worth. It is so filling I don't think I will have dinner.

Florinda, has this had an effect on your weigh. I have been doing a mixture of Protein Powder and high Protein meal for last 2 days, scale says I'm down 4 but that is after putting 3 on over the EASTER weekend. I feel in control but I just got to keep it going.

Cath I have no idea as I am too afraid to step on the scale and see the unequivocal truth of my gain. I won't step on that scale until I have managed a straight week on post-op style eating or until I can wear one of my bras from 6 months ago without bubbling out of the top - whichever comes first!

Yesterday I had lots of hot tea (liquid stevia sweetener), about an ounce of whole milk, that green chile and pinto Beans I mentioned yesterday, and 4 slices of bacon. Today I have had the same tea and milk, a double dose Protein Shake (1 scoop health warrior powder/1 scoop Fit Frappe) made with Water, after work snack will be a tin of sardines and dinner will be a romaine lettuce salad with homemade vinaigrette with an easter egg for Protein lol.

Saw my MS doctor yesterday; felt pretty let down. Even though I presented her with what feel like significant changes in my symptoms, she stuck to the notion that I need to get emotional help before she can do anything to help me physically. Is that a new way of telling a patient that it is all in their head??? Can acknowledging the importance of mental health itself be a way of reducing a patient's agency and trivializing their concerns? It felt that way.

I remember the first time (post-op) I was able to put on a pair of size 16 jeans, I felt like a Real Girl, like a Winner! Today I am wearing a pair of 16's and do not feel that way about it. Exactly one year ago I was in a pair of size 10 Levis and a 34 DDD bra (I'm now a 38G).

My GERD is such that I think I might be able to justify that endoscopic pouch reduction thing for insurance. I am 3.5 years out and if I do not take my daily dose of prevacid FIRST THING in the morning, I am in real pain all day that just gets stronger and stronger.

We are all in that boat Florinda. If I don't take my acid blocker before bed, I am a mess the next day. My surgeon switched it to before bed instead of early morning and that has helped.

I am sure you will lose well if you stick to the mainly Protein idea with green veggies , strict low carb.

Checking in from Costa Rica! Having fun!!!

I do not have reflux but I have "bigger" sleeve...maybe th a that helps? Lots of evidence the problem increases 3 plus years out...so keeping fingers crossed! I am 3 years and 4 months!!!

So I ended up not having the sardines or salad, instead I had about 2 ounces of curried chicken salad around 2pm, then a serving of cashews and a serving of jack cheese for dinner. I was preoccupied with a new painting I'm working on so before I knew it it was 8:30pm and too late to make a real meal.

Today will be same tea and milk, same Protein Shake, same curried chicken, and definitely the salad tonight - I won't let myself start painting until I've made the salad!

I switched mood meds, per my Drs advice, from Zoloft to velafaxine and upon doing so I discovered that one of the side effects of Zoloft is weight gain! WTF!!! I never knew that!!! I'm not going to blame all of my gain in the Zoloft but hell, that couldn't have helped!!

Florinda, sounds like you are in a good place, in charge of your diet, time to paint and new meds. You go girl!

How's the job going? - hope that Q doesn't break the mood.

Isn't that just Effexor? I could not take that stuff at all. It caused nausea, nervousness, excessive sweating and insomnia. I hope you do better on it than I did, Florinda.

I can't seem to stay on track at all either and I am really freaking out that I am going to continue to gain. I can't exercise much at all, because even walking hurts. I get this shooting pain down my left leg that is so much worse than before surgery.

Some good news here... finally got rid of all the Christmas gain - back to the top end of my bounce... now just gotta get to the bottom of it, my lowest weight. Then I have to break that set point.

I've had a really busy couple of days, mostly running around after the kids and hubby but that's ok... the best part was designing a tattoo for my friend. I love drawing and I find it a great therapy and stress relief, the timing was perfect.

I have been thinking about designing my own now, to cover an old tattoo on my foot. Totes exciting!

After two weeks off, it is back to work on tomo... dreading it in one way, back to high stress and a million miles an hour... this is a tough time in our school year, with exam prep and lots of admin. But in saying that, I am looking forward to the routine. This is the first Easter break, since I started teaching, that I haven't done any work at home. I think the total break has allowed me to recharge my batteries; physically and mentally.

Well done Coops! Holiday over - I know how you feel as me too. However we have our new first years ( for Sept) in for assessments this week which makes it different.

I cant believe I was not on the board for over a week! Got caught up, and so nice to hear from you all. So busy, my show has been great, selling some work for a change. The weight is not so good... at 12 pounds over high bounce.... I look at myfitnesspall food lists, and its ALL junk. Carbs, deserts, heavens! I am really on a roll. Its amaizing I don't weigh more! I need a reset too... If i even took off 6 pounds, it would give me such a boost. I did go out and buy bigger pants... I thin I still look good, but am heavier and bigger. I really need to get under control. I am painting more, and working in the yard more... both good... anyway, nice to touch base with you all... glad to hear from the long lost Georgis and Kelly! Still thinking about Wanda... you out there lurking girl?  

Great news Coops!

I wish I could drop a few lbs. It's driving me nuts not to be working out. My daughter had a good idea today. She told me to have my nurse practitioner prescribe physical therapy. Maybe a physical therapist can tell me what to do so I can exercise again.

I right there with you Kim! At least you write your food down. I was never good at tracking. I can write down my meals but I forget about all the other cr@p I put in my mouth in between meals.

I still do not understand how right now it's 7 lbs above goal can cause me to go up 3 pants sizes. This is because of not weight training. I've lost all my muscle.

I agree with your daughter Denise... after Steve, the hubby, (multilple) knee ops his physio told him the best exercises, not only for recovery, but also for the long term fitness and strength of his legs. That is how he found spinning and he absolutely loves it! It can never replace his love of football... but it does hit the spot for the fitness side of things that he misses so much.

I am still struggling with my sinus infection, although the ear infection is better, I feel really poorly again. My energy level is nil and being back in work doesn't help... I am also really feeling the cold, even though the weather is getting warmer here in Blighty! I get hot and cold sweats... I just hope I can keep on top of it and not get worse. I haven't fasted properly for over two weeks... but I have done several lower cal days.

Oh Coops! I was going to comment on how positive and awesome your post sounded and then I scrolled down and saw your next post and oh no, the crud! Have you tried a neti pot or steaming for your sinuses?

Denise, I don't seem to be having any of the issues you mentioned but then I've only been on it about a month and a half and I've been on what my Dr refers to as a "baby dose". Perhaps it is a sign of how much I need it that it doesn't make me hyper, it makes me functional :/

The food is going alright, I'm eating one meal a day, lots of liquids, trying to limit the carbs. Yesterday I had gallons of tea all day and then a burger in the late afternoon. Not the right choice I know but it could have been a LOT worse and you know it! At least the burger was from a snobby Seattle place where it is all artisanal hand crafted grass fed blah blah :P

I am proud that instead of caving to the desire to make a late night run to the market for ice cream, I instead picked up my guitar and practiced :)

Hey Feed - got any pointers on how to go about a first hanging in a gallery? A gallery around the corner from work has an open call to artists and you can have your (prepped) art hung in the gallery for a show, and I'm gonna do it! But I've never done it before and my Dad isn't here to give me pointers...