Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I made cauliflower pizza ages ago and it tasted great. I did get a decent crust but it was alot of work.

Denise, I am sorry this recovery has been so rough, I think focusing on that is good right now. You mentioned walking hunched, is th a that normal part of recovery? What have they said about prognosis?

Kevin inured one of his shoulders about a month ago. He has serious permanent shoulder problem (has had 4 major surgeries) and so this just piles on. It hasn't been good for our budding relationship because he is in pretty bad pain. You probably don't remember but his neck went out a few weeks into our starting dating so I would say in 3 months of dating he has been in bad shape for 2 months of that. It isn't the reason but has contributed to us not becoming attached or in love. I had a wonderful time with him over new years and we talked alot. After our 2 days together I thought we could get on really well but now, days later I keep reflecting how much he still loves a crazy ex girlfriend - that woman sounds really toxic but he is drawn to her. I am not jealous or anything but it remind me that is what is missing. We are not falling in love. That would be okay with me I think except the"lifestyle" we do when together is too much wine and (healthy) cooking. He is never up for hiking, riding or biking. I have gained weight since seeing him (my responsibility) and so I am needing to modify things. A month ago I was ready for "next steps" and he did have dinner with me and my sons but now I think other thoughts...like this just isn't working for me. He is a good man, but I am not in love and I don't want to be so limited in activities. I feel guilty in a way because I think if it weren't for the new shoulder injury I would really be still hanging in there. However, I sense he is feeling the same way as I know how important love is to him and we just seemed to have lost whatever might have been brewing.

Ok January 5 is my official reset and restart day. I have been avoiding the scale the last two weeks. My weight is up, but clothes still fit so much of this must be Water gain. Anyway, pretty soon this will show up as no clothes fitting so time to get ON IT!

I know a few have started already....but should everyone who is actively doing 5:2 in January check in? A roll call of sorts?

I made cali pizza too - and yes the base wasn't able to cut like a pizza base but it tasted delish as the flavours saturated the cali... would defo do it again!

First day back in work and I decided to fast... made a huge pan of curried carrot Soup and so far I have had a bowl of that and two crackers (felt the need to chew!)... I do feel hungry though!  Gotta make it through the evening/night!  Will have some more soup later. 

I don't mind checking in here for the most part and I will post on the other 5:2 thread with updates.

I am fasting today. I might be dying of hunger. :(

Fasted today, came in under 500. Made the pizza too... was a little soft in the middle, but I think I can modify and get it closer next time. The flavor was great! I swear thinking about making/eating that pizza got me through the day!

Ive been fasting too. It's not been too bad. These antibiotics pretty much take my appetite away because I feel so nauseous. I saw the surgeon today and he said I can't go to the gym or physical therapy yet. I feel like I am going to get really fat.

I think once I go to physical therapy, I'll be walking straighter. My spine isn't healed. It's depressing.

I'm surprised you've made it as long as you have with Kevin being in pain and not able to be as active as you like to be. Plus if he has feelings for someone else, that's a losing battle. I know you enjoy his company, but you must be feeling like it's time to keep your options open in case you meet someone at one of your meet up groups.

Bill's and my relationship has definitely changed. We are more like dating, rather than practically living together. He stays home most nights and I am really glad. I even looked on some dating web sites last night. I'd like to meet someone I have something in common with. It's too bad Jim is so rough around the edges. He's a nice guy, but he really needs someone from around here who is used to guys taking them out with smelly work clothes on.

Denise, I really feel for you - back pain is the worst... I suppose you just have to follow the doc's instructions ... take care of yourself.

I finished my fast day yesterday just over but I am calling it good... I caved to a small piece of toast with my evening soup...just needed to chew something!

I am feeling very virtuous... a fast day and I lost 2 pounds of Water weight even though I ate some very salty sandwich meat! Just goes to show that for me, eating low carb helps my body release that extra. I am a bit bloated and starting a probiotic too.

Denise, it is time for me to move on from Kevin- I actually made the decision in mid December but we had these prepaid New yesrs eve plans and I wanted to give it time to be sure. He was his happy, fun self on New Year's and it almost changed my mind. I wanted him to be "the one" because "on paper" many things are great, but it was actually him talking about his crazy (she really hurt him with her emotional issues) ex on Newyears and how sometimes you love someone that is bad for your life that made me realiaze that he and I are just not falling in love and while it is partly just bad luck, I want more. I fear that I will slip into another relationship (like the 15 year one I ended with my kids step dad) where there was love but not "in love". No more settling, I'd rather be alone. I haven't seen Kevin since jan 1st because he is in terrible pain and depressed about some other life issues....so I am reading that he came to same conclusion in spite of our wonderous time. I intend to have the talk in person, hopefully after work this week. Crud, but it feels like the right decision.

I am not sure Florinda, I feel there is a physical change. When riding the carb train, its like things don't work properly. When I am eating high Protein, drinking lots of Water etc I get full. Even so, I am not full after 3 bites of salad.< /p>

Sad thing I AM full after 4-5 bites of REAL food but then I can down 2 or 3 donuts or junk a few minutes later. ????

Fasted today, came in under 500. Made the pizza too... was a little soft in the middle, but I think I can modify and get it closer next time. The flavor was great! I swear thinking about making/eating that pizza got me through the day!

I'm gonna try it. Do you think you could make the crust a couple at a time and freeze to have ready?

Okay, my lovelies ( in the words of Coop) today is the first day of a new season! Fast day #1 is going down today! If I can break my sugar addiction this week and get back to normal eating I will have accomplished a great deal!

And, hopefully, get on the losing track!

Good work, all those who have already had a good fast day this week.

Denise, I can only imagine your predicament. I have had several sever bouts of back and neck trauma where I was immobilized but thankfully, for me, after physical therapy and steroid shots I gradually recovered. Sincerely hope you are in the "turnaround" stage now with the wound infection AND physical condition.

As they say, "pray my strength!" For my fast day today. ????????

Thanks everyone. I can only hope that the way things are now, is not permanent. The surgeon wants me to take gabapentin. It will cause weight gain, I just know it.

What a dilemma.

Sheryl, you're doing the right thing. If Kevin has feelings for his ex, plus all these physical problems, he's not your Mr. Right. It's too bad, but I know you'll stay active and meet someone new.

So, the best thing I learned at the NUT appointment I went to in December what how the hunger receptors work. They sit at the bottom and top of the new banana shaped stomach. Eating dense Protein first will put a "firmer" pressure on those receptors at the bottom. I can't believe the difference it made when I switched to eating my salmon first then the lettuce rather than eating it as a salad with meat sprinkled all about.

Anyway, the idea is that you get several ounces of dense protein (I have no idea how this works for vegetarians - but for me it means meat/poultry/fish/seafood) sorta solid in there. You are supposed to stop when no longer hungry, but what I wonder is if you are eating 2-3 bites and it is just enough to temporarily tap those hunger receptors without really creating lasting satiety.

I am not exactly following it, but this NUT really pushed 5 mini meals - all of them starting with dense protein, adding a bit of veggies etc. and eating just enough to keep from getting overly hungry before the next meal. She felt I don't eat often enough which is leading to eating too much at one sitting (some people become grazers, but i seem to return to volume eating). She said max I should ever eat is 1.5 cups and of course that depends on what the food is - I can't eat that much dense protein for sure but I think I could eat that much in crackers, cheese and wine.... :(

Sad thing I AM full after 4-5 bites of REAL food but then I can down 2 or 3 donuts or junk a few minutes later.

Thanks everyone. I can only hope that the way things are now, is not permanent. The surgeon wants me to take gabapentin. It will cause weight gain, I just know it.

What a dilemma.

And Denise, it makes you Sleepy! The longer you use it the more you require! My Mom used for neuropathy but she slept a LOT!

Well the trainer returned yesterday so the pressure is on to get into a good exercise routine. I weighed this morning and I an down 2lb for the week, little disappointed as I fasted yesterday and so have had 2 good fast days this week. But hey 2lb is 2lb and that is 10% of the gain so I am accepting it.

Keep going ladies - it is good to see people returning and recommitting for the new year.