Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today wasn't a fast day but I still only ate 730 cals total. Interestingly, even though I ate nourishing healthful wholesome foods - scratch made pumpkin Soup, greek yogurt, mushrooms, my carbs are a staggering 74g and Protein a surprising 31. So, unless I make a concerted effort to get the protein in, my carbs and Proteins seem to flip their amounts hmm....

Woo hoo! You ladies are doing great! I am easing further off the lexapro - skipped a dose yesterday and still feel good. :)

Florinda, how did the 100 first dates go last week? I am trying to decide if I should just give up on men my age and take a girlfriends advice and go all cougar...ha! I was contacted by someone fit and handsome who is 37 from POF. A very young man (he admitted he isn't quite 30 - yikes) from the meetup is very interested in me. Not.quite.sure. I can do THAT! Ha. Anyway, gotta have a good sense of humor about this big joke called dating. :)

Hey! You lot are rocking the 5:2!

Didn't have porridge after Monday - ended up having baked toms and egg muffins with a bit of cheese... delish!

Next fast is tomo - was going to do today but we are having cake day as a fund raiser in school and I don't want to eat cake so the fast is a great excuse not too - although I will donate.

And I am going out Sat for a few drinkies with the girls. I am celebrating - I applied for a promotion in work and I got it! Yeh, at last, they've recognised my hard work... so it will be a cider filled day/evening hence the fast tomo - might even attempt Sunday or go low cal?

For all those struggling - don't be a stranger! Here is a great place to come and have a chat. I love this group x

Hi all,

On the subject of anxiety, I was diagnosed with general anxiety disorder quite a few  years ago. I am sure it's because my mother was so anxious and nervous all the time. I took Seroquel for 10  years, and it helped, and it helped me with my sleep.Then they took it off the market because it causes liver failure. I have Hep C

so I worry all the time that it damaged my liver.

I take Valarien sometimes and it calms me down. It's not good for the liver either.

I'm looking forward to going to Portland this weekend. It's always a treat to get out of this small town.

You guys are rockin 5:2 . I can't seem to fast. I can eat way less, but can't really call it a fast day. I need to . just 5-7 lbs and I can't wear my pants. I am down a few now, but the big weekend is here.

Interesting about the Hep C. I just read that baby boomers should all be screened for it - some unknown reason much higher rate. I was born in '64, the last year of the boomers so fall in the category. How did you find out, were you screened for it?

I am not truly fasting either, but I am not stressing over it. I am maintaining at 145 and my clothes all fit. Getting off lexapro is a higher priority at the moment - so far, so good... but early days. If I start to feel bad it will likely hit Sunday/Monday based on previous patterns.

I dream of being in the 135-140 range, but realistically if I can maintain right here and tackle that after the holidays... might be a good way to go.

Sounds like everyone is doing really great - keep it up ladies!

Okay, second fast day. It's 5pm and I have 140 calories so far. Gonna eat dinner and, hopefully, wind up around 500-550. Wasn't difficult today since I was busy a day at work but got really weak (like low blood sugar) driving home. Of course, I had had Zero cals up to that time. Ate a banana and mini babybel cheese. Seems to have taken care of somewhat.

Had lost a pound after last fast day so hopefully it's still gone when I weigh tomorrow!

Yes, I was screened for it when I had a bunch of other blood work done when I changed doctors a few years ago. I have no idea how I got it. The doctor said way back when I was a kid , the dentists didn't even sterilize their equipment well enough. It scares me. I am not supposed to drink but I have started to have an occasional cocktail and lately hard raspberry cider. I really don't want liver cancer.

I'm really pushing my luck. It's been really hard to be sociable since I found out about 10 years ago. Friends have wine with dinner, and when I go out with my friends there are usually cocktails involved.

Ended up at 563! I really want some nuts but refraining. ????

Georgia, you have 50 calories to play with and still be considered within an excellent fast day range, that's a small handful of almonds, or some sunflower seeds, or a half pack of hot cocoa made with Water or a serving of cheddar or a dollop of greek yogurt with a few berries.

I made the BEST most moist muffins EVER made in the HISTORY OF MUFFINS, and they are paleo, yes, paleo!!

5 TBS EV coconut oil

2.5 cups almond flour

2 TB coconut flour

1/4 tsp salt

2/3 tsp baking soda

3 eggs

3 oz choc chips that were dusted with corn starch or something else to keep them from sticking in your tin

20 minutes at 325. Light! MOIST! low carb! Good fats! Protein!! SATISFYING! CHOCOLATE!!!!!!

7pm and 450 cals, best I can figure anyway, it is always a little wonky when I am figuring out the calories from something homemade, I have to put down every ingredient I used and then guesstimate how much of that ingredient was in a serving :/ I will probably have a tin of sardines after tango (NOT before :P) so my cals will probably be about 600ish.

Those sound awesome, Florinda! Gonna try some but gonna make spice pumpkin muffins tomorrow. ????. Spice cake mix and can of pumpkin only.

Coops many congratulations on the promotion.

The house is finished ????

The glass backsplash (the last job) was fitted this morning as I was travelling back from Liverpool and my dear husband had tidied all up so that the house looked lovely.

A few hard days coming up (regarding eating) as I have my mum and aunt staying and we have meals out planned with the family. I'm down lower than I wanted to be by Monday (weigh in day) so hopefully I will be OK.

Have a good weekend everyone

OH MY GOD COOPS, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know how long they have been putting up a wall of resistance at work, the hugest most excited congratulations from across the pond my dear!! Wish I was there with you and the girls for drinkies, tie one on for me!!!! <3 <3 <3

Thanks ladies - I am defo gonna enjoy the drinkies and will raise a glass to my 5:2 crew. Talking of which, today has been a complete disaster! I totally refused the cakes in work - there were reems of them; all colours, flavours and toppings. They all looked delish! But I didn't cave in,,, had chicken salad for lunch. Then got home and the kids wanted chips - oh the smell! I caved in and had a chip butty (sandwich)...grrrr! Well over my fast allowance now! Looks like Sunday will have to be a low cal low carb day for sure!

Hi all, thanks for the kind words and encouragement. <3

CONGRATS on the promotion, coops!! You've deserved that for a long time now!

Glad your house got done, Cathy, the glass backsplash sounds lovely.

ODaisy, will Jim and Bill know you are dating both of them? There's certainly no reason you shouldn't do so, but just curious.

CGJ, yes, the anxiety is a killer. I put up with so much stress and overload, but anxiety can bring me down so fast. It's depressing, literally. I worry my anxiety meds will cause me to get Alzheimer's.

FYE, your calm and grounded perspective always makes me feel like everything's going to be okay somehow. Thanks for that.

Florinda, the food you eat always sounds so good, those muffins sound divine! I need to make some pumpkin Soup too. Or maybe I'll make cream of sauerkraut soup. Yum. I also LOVE sautéed mushrooms.

Everyone seems to be doing well on the 5:2 again, for me not too bad either. Two weeks in a row now with two fast days and fairly good eating on regular days. I haven't shifted any weight yet, but I feel strongly that I need to exercise more again. Even though I almost always get at least 10,000 steps or more per day, that just doesn't even register as exercise to my body. Getting old is awesome. =/

Even on fasting days, I've been having coconut oil in my coffee in the morning, not counting those calories, to see how it goes. I do find that it seems to offset the effects of the caffeine and curb my hunger. The other thing I've noticed is that I get sort of hot and red-faced for a few minutes right after I drink it. "They" say it's because the coconut oil revs up your metabolism. Hmm, not sure, but staying with the test for now. We started putting it in the dogs' food now too, as it's meant to be good for them too.

Not trying to look ahead to next week yet too much, winds me up to do that at the weekend. But it's going to be difficult to find two 5:2 days next week. Have been eating pretty well overall, though, with little blips here and there, so there's that...

Hugs to all. <3

Edited by swizzly