Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok - I am going to have a weight related rant... the f***ing scale is not being my friend and I don't like it... there... I've said it!

I am at the stage - again - whereby I am getting fed up of 'doing it right' and not getting the rewards... this is hard!

I know I've been under the weather with a cold, sore throat, cough, blocked sinus bla bla bla... and yes very busy and stressed in work bla bla bla and yes I haven't been to the 'gym' for a few weeks bla bla bla.. but I have been spot on with my 5:2! My scale is bouncing around the place and I am so frustrated I could scream!

They reckon it is 80% what you eat and 20% how you move to lose weight... so why the hell aren't I losing?

I know I don't have 'that much' left to lose... but I really need to get under 11 stone... I need to reach my goal because I don't like the feeling of a 'failure' - even though logically I know that I haven't failed... I know that I am looking ok and health wise is good - they say focus on clothing... well to get into a smaller size, then surely weight has to go???? Obviously! Therefore I need to get rid of some more weight. Lets not forget, I ain't looking for the beech body of 2014 - I am only 5 2 and a relatively small frame - I want and need the scales and my clothing to reflect that.

If I was being a clown and eating sh*te then fair enough, but I am not. I'm not looking for sympathy or a talking to, just need a place to spout this stuff with folk who actually get it. When I speak to my friends and family...they just say, well look how far you've come... etc, which is lovely but not productive. Some say eat less; join Slimming World (a current craze in work); exercise more... etc! PLEASE don't patronise me! If lack of will power, lazy behaviour or bad eating was the issue then, c'mon, I'd have given myself a good talking to by now and tried to correct it. I seriously can't tick anymore boxes...FFS!

I really 'grates my cheese' that my body won't respond to how I want it to... it doesn't want to help my head and shed that last 20 odd pounds.

Rant over... for now!

Coops rant on. I totally agree. The only thing my body seems to respond to is total starvation. But that loss doesn't last. Urgh!! I THINK it may be the length of "being good. And. Eating right". I can eat right and exercise faithfully with zero "cheating" for three weeks then I don't. See results and fall of the wagon. THINK I have to stay faithful for a longer period of time for this old stuborn body to respond. URGH!! Rant on Coops this is freaking hard! I was actually considering full liquids just to see if that made a difference!

CGJane I can agree people of different backgrounds and different cultures are different. God didn't make us all the same for a reason. But one thing that is the same and spans race creed or culture is there. Are good wonderful men in all shapes sizes religions and colors. There are also Jerky non dateable men in all sizes and colors. Its easy for me to say I have a good man for over 30 years, but relax open your mind and your heart; love yourself and the right man will be there.

Peace!

Coops move into new house on 13 May.

Coops rant away. Damn mean scale!!!

Oppps - Sorry Cathy, I knew there was a delay in you moving into the new house... lost my sense of time!

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/306043-think-twice-no-think-100-times-before-having-surgery-in-mexico/

I can post a link with a kindle!

Edited:

Okay, she went to Dr Aceves and sounds like she has the same problem that Irene (little miss Diva) does and she went to him too. I thought Aceves was known for small sleeves and frankly seemed like good results. Not sure who the other surgeon is she mentions.

I need to re-read her post to figure out if the complication is really a small sleeve related or what. My surgeon was cautious about small sleeves with the theory that it could lead to problems later. It still scares me just a little... that down the road I too may need to revise to the bypass, the very procedure i didn't ever want.

Anyway, what a huge freaking bummer.

Read it all. I remember hearing about something like this early on...not Mexico, but getting an "elbow" in the sleeve that restricts food passing through the middle part... my doc made my sleeve bigger to help avoid this.... Best of luck to threm... I would not be happy about getting RNY... but.... it might just do the trick for them.

5:2 has gone out if the widow for the next couple of weeks.

The movers came yesterday and everything has gone except for what our buyers wanted. Exchange of contracts finally took place today, completion is tomorrow and then they can have the keys.

Off to the seaside for four days ( holiday here in UK on Monday) then staying with friends for a week and then into the new house on 13 May, feeling excited about it all.

I just need to keep the weight on an even keel.

I have just had company in town, and we have been eating out every meal. I have not gained (miracle!!!) as of this morning.... I think it might be the one day a week I have managed to do the 5:2. Glad you are getting closer to being in your new place. That will be such a relief.

Oh, and Sheryl, glad you're feeling better and sorting things out. Are you still taking the meds? I know for me, I'll never be perfect or have things figured out, lol! If I wait for that time to come I will miss out on a lot of life that's going on around me. This is something I have to remind myself of, though, when I'm having a tough time of things.

So, my hubs has to have surgery on Monday. He has something called Achalasia. Basically, at the bottom of the esophagus there is an opening to the stomach and his doesn't open correctly, it's tight all the time. When he eats the all of the food sits in his esophagus for days while it very slowly empties into his stomach. His esophagus stretches, it was huge and filled with food when we saw it a couple of weeks ago when we met with the surgeon. He's had this for 12 years. Over the years he would go and have a procedure done to have botox injected to relax the opening but the last couple of times that stopped working. I won't bore you with the disgusting side effects he has from this but it's enough that I put my foot down and said he has to have surgery to fix this. The interesting thing is this week he is on Clear Liquids. After surgery he will have a week of clear liquids, then a week of full liquids, then a week of pureed foods and finally a week of soft foods before he can start eating regular again. So five weeks without real food. This is the same kind of diet we followed with after our sleeve surgery. Then, he can't do any heavy lifting or much exercise for 6 weeks. He has to make sure he doesn't get a leak or a stricture, just like we had to do .I feel bad for the guy. He's 6' tall and weighs just under 200 pounds. He's always been fit and active. Not eating is really hard for him. So the surgery is on Monday morning and will take about 3-4 hours and he'll be in the hospital for a couple of days after surgery. I can't remember the name of the surgery but they will widen the opening at the bottom of the esophagus and then they wrap part of his stomach around his esophagus. He will also have a leak test before he leaves the hospital. We are praying this will take care of the achalasia. I guess the success rate is 97%.

Poor fella! My hub is not a very good patient... I feel for you and him! Hope he feels much better at the end of the 6 weeks.

Hey you guys -- I tried to read the linked thread, but it's gone. What happened to Susan? Can anyone tell the story briefly for me? I'd appreciate it. 

I just read Lynda's post in Vets Forum about long-term follow-up and complications, and ulcer being the most common cause of surgery-related deaths. I have never heard of anyone dying of an ulcer in general, so that surprised me. 

I'm not doing well in general, don't have time for loads of details -- just bad eating, not enough eating, too much eating, too much drinking, taking up smoking again, etc. I'm up **** creek if I'm honest. Too much hit the fan at once and I'm not managing it well. I'm exhausted and not sleeping enough, and only my walk to/from work gives me any exercise at all anymore, haven't been going to the gym. Feeling out of control and super stressed. Hopefully this passes soon and I can tackle each problem one by one, cos trying to go after them all at once just makes me want to give up...

Sorry for the downer post. I've been quiet and trying to keep my head above water... 

Time to get off of ****creek my girl! One step at a time. sleep does make more things possible, and even if you change one thing, you will feel better for it. You are worth it girl! We love you. Take care.

Got measured for a bra today. The band's get stretched I guess cuz my 36C feel too loose around while the cup sorta makes a crease in the boobs. I measure a 36D or DD. ..hmmmm...Ross has discount bras so picking up a few.

I didn't buy jeans but u got a cute "going out" top. All my girlfriends basically hate going out so I need to find a young at heart single friend to go shopping with.

I told Steven I am ready to move on..it was hard but went really well. We are on the same page. not like I have found anyone. ...

we are the opposite Sheryl. I bought jeans and couldn't find a top...lol!

So today, as a way to release the frustration I am going out with some friends... wearing the new jeans (skinny UK12)! We are going to have a spot to eat, then some ciders, a bit of dancing will probably following all combined with plenty of giggling!

This is my remedy to combat the stresses and frustrations that I am currently feeling - and all of it will be guilt free as I am giving myself permission to 'go for it'!

Happy Star Wars day...lol

Sounds like a great time Coops!

I think I can report a victory. I had a great day riding on Friday then we went out for a bite to eat and just had a great time. I was going to go out to one of these meetup events Friday night, but wimped out. I was content - hear that?, content. Saturday I went shopping and at times felt like a waste of the day but I was happy. I have bras that fit now...woo hoo. Again, I was supposed to go do a social event but I got all dressed up and thought....eh.... I don't feel like driving so far in the bad weather. I had a nice evening at home alone with my pups. So, this is all good because i feel peaceful.

Sarah, thinking about your hubs today (and YOU!). Hope all went well.

Sheryl, I think they always measure bigger cup size than we realize. I am a 36 D ( small D now) and I still wear the minimizer type because I don't like big boobies. ;).

Anybody heard from Florinda lately or did I miss it?

Thanks all...hubs is doing well so far. If he can tolerate liquids tomorrow and pass his leak test tomorrow he my even be able to come home sooner than expected.

Georgia we haven't heard from Florida since she was sent to Germany . Waiting to get an update from her.

All I have left of my boobs is loose skin. Seriously I pull the skin up and make a boob out of it and it doesn't even fill my size A cup! I even buy those really padded bras. Maybe some day I'll get those done but the lower body life and tummy must come first.

Kim, love you! Love reading your posts!

Brown I feel the same way about you. I read what you write and it makes me smile .

Sheila good to hear from you!