Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I could work in the office everyday but I don't work WITH anybody there and being on the phone all day bothers my cubefarm neighbors. I lead virtual teams who sit mostly in either Boston or Atlanta. I would consider moving to Atlanta, but not Boston.

I don't know if I will sell my house, but I am overwhelmed by living in a 2000 sq foot house on 2 acres all by myself. i can't keep up... my son is home in June and I am going to hire him to help me get things caught up. My goal is to have it ready to sell by spring of 2015 but I am not sure I will actually do that. I love the country, but I am lonely and overwhelmed so I need to seriously reconsider.

I mentioned my ideas of early retirement... well... I can retire comfortably by 55 if I do some smart things. One of them would be to start living somewhere cheaper and due to the nature of my job, I have that freedom and could start out renting... doing a cheaper lifestyle even while working.

No big decisions are allowed in 2014 - I have had more change than I can handle... but i am thinking.... I can visualize renting a little apartment somewhere cool and boarding my horse at a barn and living an easier life than the one I have now. If I found a cool place away from the expensive urban area I am in now, I could really meet those financial goals too. Considering crazy ideas right now... Vegas or Phoenix and then come back to Seattle for the summers. I don't know, all just ideas right now.

I am in the hospital in BAF, getting medivac'd to Germany on Saturday. It turned out, I couldn't handle another four months of this....

Sorry to hear this Florinda - take good care of yourself and get better! Keep us posted on how things go.

Florinda, what happened? Keep us posted.

Sheryl, I am sure you are experiencing a mid life crisis. I said that too, not just Swizz. Everyone seems to reivaluate their lives at around age 50.

I could not live out  in the country. I have friends that do. Bill does.

Bill's ex says she is pregnant. She is eithe or 54. She says she wants nothing from Bill.  I think she is crazy to want to have a baby at her age. We are really afraid she will carry it for awhile and anything past 26 weeks they will try to save.

She is going to mail him the blood tests results.

So far, it's just brought Bill and me closer. He's so freaked and I just feel bad for him. What a mess.

Florinda, thinking of you. Please fill us in asap. Hang in there, ok.

Denise, you have got to be kidding me! Do you think she's telling the truth?

Sheryl, thinking of you, too! I like that you said no big changes in 2014. Sounds like that's a wise decision. I hope the meds help. Be aware that you may have to try a few different kinds to find a med that doesn't affect you in a bad way. You could get it on the first try but don't be discouraged if you don't. For some reason I didn't picture you working from home. You seem so active and outgoing that I would have never thought you worked from home. lol

Sheila, congrats on getting a 4.0! Wtg, girl! That is awesome. I hope you are able to soon find a job that you will enjoy.

Well, I haven't fasted at all this week and only one day last week. Our lives have been a bit turned around while my MIL was here to stay with us. It was sad to find out how much she has declined. She's not even able to bathe herself anymore so I had to do it. She can't be alone, ever. She is usually in good spirits but in the evening sometimes she will have an episode where she turns into a mean person and tries to leave. It's all very sad. She has the attention span of a 2 year old. She can't read anymore or do anything with numbers or time. She usually remembers who her children are but sometimes forgets. Now we have to figure out how to get her home care because my FIL can't do it himself. I am sure she will eventually end up in a home. A lot of stress going on here but the hubs and I are trying to stay calm. It's hard when there are 6 siblings all together trying to work things out. I'm just giving it to God because, for me, that's all I can do.

Spring seems to have sprung for us! The warmer weather has lifted my spirits tremendously. I'm thankful for that.

I read our posts and think of what a diverse group we have. I think an outsider could read our group and think it would make a great movie, or maybe soap opera! :) Thinking of everyone, so much going on for all of us!

Denise - this is fatal attraction drama! She is 54, and pregnant?! From what you have said about her, I wouldn't put it past her to falsify a blood test or even the pregnancy itself. Shoot, if she is as messed up as you have indicated, it could very well be a phantom pregnancy that her mind concocted to "keep" BIll. oy.

As for me, I leave for Germany tomorrow, I have formal complaints against my leadership for HPPA violations, and I could possibly be on the west coast before the end of the month.

I am filing for worker's comp, I do not yet have a job lined up in Seattle and the apartment I found requires, as they all do, proof of employment, any suggestions?

sarah, I am so so sorry about your MIL . That is really hard. You are going to eventually put her in a home that cares for people with Alheimers, aren't you? Well I am sending you a cyber hug. That is so hard.

Florinda I am glad you're fling a new wc claim. I hope things fall into place so you can finally feel some peace.

Yes she is telling the truth. I just hope she miscarries soon.

Sarah, it sounds like your MIL is at the same stage of dementia as my MIL, the past 4 months I would say she has gone downhill rapidly. It is so sad to watch. My SIL arrives on Saturday and she has not seen her since Christmas and she is going to notice such a difference.

Florinda, it sounds like you have made the right decision to leave ( or it has been made for you), things will work out - I'm a great believer in things happen that are meant to be. At this moment in time it might not seem so but in time it will turn out to be so right for you. I hope all the stress and upset has not impacted too much on your medical condition.

Sheila - schools out! You must feel good about that and especially with getting such good grades

Still sorting and packing but just had to make a mercy mission to see my mum. Just sitting in a service station having a coffee before completing my home journey. The traffic is terrible.

Did you say 54 and pregnant!! Doesn't bear thinking about.

54 and pregnant? Whaaa??? I can't even imagine. Like Cathy said, doesn't bear thinking about. I agree with Florinda on this one!

Florinda, can you stay with a friend until you find a job? Or even do a monthly rental at a residence inn or some type of hotel that you don't have to prove income? I know they are expensive but it could work out for a few months until you find a job and secure a living space, etc. Sorry that you are getting your time cut short but maybe this will all be a good thing after you are out of that environment.

Sarah, I'm so sorry about your MIL. That is just so sad. My own mother will be 70 in a few months and I just put her and a buddy on a plane to Turkey. She is going on a tour, etc. But I can see how much she has slowed down in the recent years. She just doesn't move as fast, she has two torn ACL's that she opted to never "fix" and now it's kind just getting harder for her. She can still walk, has all her brain functioning, etc. but I just can see the toll that age is starting to take on her. ANd I can't help but wonder what the next 10+ years will bring....

Cathy good luck with the sorting and packing...I hate that part the most about moving but there is something cathartic about getting rid of stuff you don't use/need/want. Best of luck to you!

I am so sorry about the drama Denise. It is hard for me to wish for a miscarriage because of my own personal feelings about life, but this seems like a pretty unpleasant situation - with no real good ending. I can't help but put myself in this lady's shoes though... men do share some responsibility for preventing pregnancy too. I have noticed a "willingness" on their part to not even bring it up... not even to think it should be discussed. I KNOW I am past fertility based on two blood tests taken a few years apart but why the heck should he (Steven) believe me... but he did.. from day one and has never given it a second thought - although he at least did ask me if it was something we needed to be worried about. I am under 50 still and frankly most women my age can possibly get preganant - though I agree with all of you, why the heck would they want to? Given risk of Downs Syndrome and other issues... anyway, so sad. And I just hate drama - you are a tougher chick than I am Denise cuz I am quite sure I would be just done with it all. That goes to show that you are ready for a real relationship and I am not! Hang in there, things have a way of working themselves out and getting all wound up and worried doesn't fix a damn thing.

I am forcing myself to do a horse even tomorrow that I don't even want to. My new horse Mia has been wild and energetic so it will be a challenge. I haven't ridden her in over a week because I just don't have it in me ... I have been riding my old horse a few times. I am hoping I can muster the emotional energy to do stuff.

I got asked on a date for tonight. I think it would be fun even though i am pretty much done with dating... but... I am not sure I can fake it through being happy to be there in my current state of mind. I am better feeling than I was a few days ago and haven't started meds yet so I don't know. I do know I need to get out and DO things even if it means forcing myself.

My best friend's mother died last night. It was an intensive 2 week period from diagnosis to death. If you are gonna die of cancer - that is the way to do it. She was 87, lived a good life - a good woman. Even though it isn't my grief, it has brought up some unresolved trauma. Because I have been closely involved in 3 deaths of family members I wind up supporting people going through this but apparently at a high cost to myself. I am starting to suspect that this event may have been the trigger for this week's slide to depression although that makes little sense to me. Counselor thinks I am just now starting to face my food addiction (or lack thereof of my drug of choice). That is hard to imagine given that my WLS was 28 months ago, bt what the heck do I know.

Yeah, I think the woman is crazy. She probably got pregnant on purpose. She told him she was done wth menopuase and she knew she was still having periods.

Sheryl, I hope the medication helps you. You are aware of SSRI's messing with your sex life, aren't you?

I'm sorry about your best friend's mother. You have had a couple other deaths to deal wiht lately too. No wonder you're down! Are you going to go on the date? It will be good for you to get out a little bit.

Cathy I feel for you. I am still going to have to pack up stuff if my house sells.

Here it is 2 years since I have moved and I still have stuff to unpack from both houses.

I am up a couple of lbs but I'll take it off. Yesterday I didn't go to the gym. I am going today though.

hope everyone  is having a agreat Sunday!

Once a Mother is over 40 her percentage likelihood of a Down's baby skyrockets, and goes up every year thereafter, and autism may be linked to the age of the sperm so .... good grief.

I am in Germany, arrived this morning. Met with the Neurologist who was curt, abrasive, and one of those speedy mumblers, like she had had 10 espressos. She did not feel the need to repeat the testing done on me in September, which surprised me. Nor did she feel that an LP was necessary, after giving my records a cursory glance, she was ready to sign off on the "fact" of my Dx of MS. I just finished a chat with a friend who informed me that I can request repeat testing, I don't have to go with her decision. I think I will do so on Monday.

Haven't had a BM in 5 days at least, probably because I have been nibbling on toast and crackers nonstop to quell my nausea, I have had like 7 doses of Miralax with no relief :/