Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So sorry to hear this Globe, Glad you are so motivated to follow your plan though. We can just do what we can do, and hopefully you can get the Affordable Care benefits at the first of the year. Can you sign up while you are there? I just got my three year labs results, and my cholesterol went up to a number that send off a red flag. My triglycerides are great, my HDL is great, but my LDL is high. :( I feel like my efforts have failed this part of my health improvement plan.... I had gotten off my statin drugs, and now I don't know if I need to go back on or not, will find out in december. There is not that much I can do with diet, I guess stop eating eggs.... I don't eat meat.... My pre diabetes markers are at the top of normal too... have to keep an eye on this too. Anyway, this really has bummed me out, and hearing your situation has helped kick me into perspective. The human body is frail, and also so strong at times . I guess when we find our weaknesses, its should not be such a surprise! We just don't have control of everything. You take care, and know you can still find your greatest happiness within yourself... you are still very much alive and kicking!

Ok I'm fasting wish me luck I will need it today!

If I can get through today I cam get through anything.!

Did I mention today is Halloween? Oh and it's my brother birthday? And that I have a bag of candy downstairs? That I still have to call my mom and spend hours (ok hopefully only minutes but it will seem like hours) on the phone with that emotional vampire.

I'm trying to get 20 miles in today on the bike, I'm at 15 don't know how much more I can do, but I'm trying :)

Laura, you doing ok today? You can do this. What an emotional day for you. Don't touch the candy!!!

This morning the scale gave up 149! I broke the 150# barrier! I expect my new bounce range to be in the 145-148 range once the swelling is gone, so i am very excited. My boyfriend, who is a skinny guy, told me don't lose anymore since I look like a 1940s pinup girl and just about perfect...ha. My friend Priscilla that helped me in Mexico, she got very concerned when I mentioned trying to get another 10 off and I really thought about it, i feel comfortable where I am at. My BMI is normal, certainly at the high end of that range, but it seems to fit for me. I think my next fitness goals are around reducing body fat % - my home scale sad 28.3% - I think 25% is a good target over the longer term.

Jane, I'm wondering if that scale could be wrong for body fat. You have a lot of muscle. I have a lot of muscle too and quite a bit of skin in certain areas, not as much as you had but a bunch. A month ago my trainer tested my body fat again and I was 23point something %. Maybe having it tested would give you a more accurate measurement. Also, 28% body fat on a woman is not a lot. I'm sure you already know that but a lot of people don't get that. Congrats on getting under 150!!! So exciting!

Well, on this Halloween morning my fast just got somewhat sidetracked when a sweet little older lady client brought in a plate of homemade Peanut Butter snicker doodles!! Yep, I are one. No calorie count yet. :)

Looks like about 290!!!!

Wow, that's a lot of calories for one cookie...crazy! Maybe you should make your fast day tomorrow? I wish Cookies didn't taste good! When I first had surgery all that stuff was so gross to me. Now it all tastes good again. :(

Cheri, thanks for your kind words. It's funny because it seems like I think I deal with issues and then other things come up and I wonder if I really did deal with those things? That might not make sense. lol Maybe what I do is deal with things a little at a time and then when I'm ready deal with a little more? Who knows, I'm a work in progress. We all are!

I spent the day with my mom today and we tried a Thai restaurant. It was my first time for Thai food. My mom loves Thai food but I did not like it at all. It was all sweet tasting to me. Yuck. It didn't sit right in my stomach either.

Gloomy and rainy here today. I'm off to boot camp in a little bit...

GT - thanks for telling us your recent medical news... that must of been an awful thing to hear at such a young age. You just keep on impressing me with your guts and determination! No wonder I am often in awe of what you say... stay strong my lovely friend... sending you big ole welsh cwtches (hugs) x

5:2 is going well, managing to stay relatively clean on most non fast days - fast days are just 'part of me' now and they don't phase me at all. scale does not reflect my hard work - back to the low end of my new bounce and struggling to break this set point. Still going to Curves and enjoying it... but I just want to see a new low number; feel like I need the praise from the scales that 'I deserve' - if that makes sense.

The Hallowe'en thing doesn't bother me really - we don't buy in extra goodies as we generally go to see my friend each year as it is her birthday.

Sarsar, thanks for asking :) I'm hanging in there.

7:24 and so far so good no candy touched! I saved my calories so I can have a shake tonight or a Greek yogurt :)

I also spent a good part of my day exercising so I kept busy..

Coops,

you look perfect to me. But boy do I know about needing to have that scale move!

Edited by laura-ven

Well, my fast day was def a bust!!! Did good until I left for a YaYa wknd trip (four lifelong friends with YaYa license plates to prove it. :). And then we went to Italian restaurant for dinner. The ones with the bread and dipping oil. Get the picture? :). Needless to say, MFP blew up! lol

GLobe, are you okay out there? We have not heard from you since you shared your news.

You know too that the whole board can read our group's posts, even if they can't post in here., I just was not sure if that was what you intended- to share it with the entire site.

I blew it with pop corn balls tonight. They made me really sick though. I haven't dumped in a long time. Diarrhea, sweats, nausea, etc. I had to lay down for an hour. I've eaten them before without problems, but I don't think I had enough Protein in my system when I ate it today. I hate dumping. It is so awful.

I have 2 guys writing to me from POF. I don't like either one of them. One was the fat hater I met the other day. The other keeps writing all about himself, and has not asked one question about me.

OD send the fat hater a 'before' picture and tell him his attitude sucks, big/small, tall/short, black/white, young/ old ... We are all people with feelings so tell him until he gets his head around that he is not going to have anyone to share his small bigoted world with ! Here endeth the lesson.

GLobe, are you okay out there? We have not heard from you since you shared your news.

You know too that the whole board can read our group's posts, even if they can't post in here., I just was not sure if that was what you intended- to share it with the entire site.

I blew it with pop corn balls tonight. They made me really sick though. I haven't dumped in a long time. Diarrhea, sweats, nausea, etc. I had to lay down for an hour. I've eaten them before without problems, but I don't think I had enough Protein in my system when I ate it today. I hate dumping. It is so awful.

I have 2 guys writing to me from POF. I don't like either one of them. One was the fat hater I met the other day. The other keeps writing all about himself, and has not asked one question about me.

Daisy, I have no words of wisdom, I still get about 2-3 emails a day from POF. I thought i had temporarily suspended my account but did something to reactivate it. Most of them are just so... wildly inappropriate matches for me. I think you get best results initiating contact with men who interest YOU. I sometimes feel like these guys are just casting a net to as many women as possible without even considering if our location, interests and other things even make sense. I also think OKCupid is a better online service, but I DID manage to cancel my account on there.

Depending on how things go... if I decide to start dating again next year I am thinking about trying some other ways to meet people like speed dating or something. Somehow, the online thing seems to deliver me a zillion possibilities but so rarely are they actually interesting to me. If I do restart online - it will be OKCupid because I found higher quality matches there over POF or Match.

Don't have time to read, I'm due to read at the kids' school. I'm the Kindergarten mystery reader today, even the twins don't know I'm coming. :)

I should have fasted but totally missed that bus. I honestly don't think it's in the cards this weekend, either. Date night with hubs tonight and a classmate birthday party for the kids tomorrow. Hubs leaves on Sunday for a week in Germany, lucky bastard. Seriously. Both because I heart Germany and also because he gets to leave for a week. I wish I could leave for a week! Love my kids, love, love, love those stinkers to pieces. But yeah, a break? Talk about a fantasy!

I'm going in to the doc on Monday for an ultrasound - intense pain and cramping on my right side and more of that lovely lady trouble (bleeding again, weeks early) so my guess is a cyst. If they'd just do a dang partial hysterectomy, I'd be thrilled. Chuffed to Beans, right coops? :P

Holding steady on the weight, bleh. It's okay. No gain is good news.

Hope everyone is doing well, I will go back and read soon. I hope I didn't miss any bad news and if I did - I don't intend to be dismissive. I just don't want to put off checking in for weeks at a time again!

Best, everyone! Happy Friday!

~Cheri

Edited by clk

OD send the fat hater a 'before' picture and tell him his attitude sucks' date=' big/small, tall/short, black/white, young/ old ... We are all people with feelings so tell him until he gets his head around that he is not going to have anyone to share his small bigoted world with ! Here endeth the lesson.[/quote']

I totally agree!!!

Morning girls :)

Made it through the night with calories just below 500. I'm so stinking proud of myself no candy :)

I did however save my calories so I can eat late...

First meal at 1:45 or so and ending the day at 10:30 with a Greek yogurt. Late I know, but that is my hard binge time so it was nice to have my yoghurt :)

I seem to be holding at 139 and now my dd baby shower is tomorrow and I know I'll at least have a chocolate cake pop. I hope I don't dump again. That was awful.

Where are you Globe?

I'm sure I will tell him that I used to weigh 100 lbs more and see his reaction. I know I will tell him I have to work very hard to not gain it back so I don't appreciate his comments . I basically want to show him our beautiful beaches and then he's on his own.

Near the coast? I GO TO new Harlem Bay every year with group of horse friends

Yea, Cheri - chuffed to Beans - good luck with the ultra sound.

Again, I feel so lucky after reading the posts about dating... online dating would scare the crap outta me! OD, I hope you are feeling ok - and 139 is just a dream for me!

I will be celebrating 20 years of marriage next year, and I am so blessed to have found a perfect partner - and I do mean perfect! We are definitely soul mates in all aspects of our lives and existence! I asked the kids if they would mind us going away for a week without them, and fully expected to hear huffing and puffing - testing the Water for reaction. Surprisingly, both kids we 'yea Mam, go for it! You and dad deserve a good break without us!' Whoa... that was a shock. Don't think we could afford a weeks jolly without them and a family holiday next year, but it was nice to hear.

Saw 158 on the scale... not gonna record it yet but felt good to see a 'new' number - I've only seen it once before. I hope it sticks as it would make me 4lbs from surgeon's goal! So close!

Enjoy the weekend ladies - x