Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feed and CGJane - and maybe this goes out to everyone:

I think we need to stop using the word "gain" to reflect the pound here and the pound there. Words are powerful, especially loaded words like gain. Feed, you exerted yourself, sweated, causing a chemical need for more salts, which you satisfied. Also, worked muscles are muscles that are now full of Water. So what you experienced there was a physiological reaction to muscle stress and physical exertion, NOT A GAIN. words are powerful. It's not a gain unless a non-ToM week goes by and the pound is still there. This is why I haven't weighed myself in almost 2 weeks, because I know the nefarious tricks my body enjoys, I know how I put on exactly four pounds of water weight every single month and have for 20 years (sweet jesus 20 years?!!!) and that the day after my cycle is over, those pounds are gone too.

Words are powerful.

So true. The current scales I have weigh me so differently than my old ones... I don't bounce at all. I can stay the same for 2 weeks in a row with no changes to the 10th of a pound. My old scales had me all over the place every day. They seemed to reflect what a body might actually do, the range. I am going to the Docs today, and will weigh on their scale for a change, hopefully in line with my own.

Boy Globe, your diet would be so hard to follow! If it makes you feel better, that is a great thing though. Have you looked at the microbiome sites? Here is one, not any answers, but shows the research....

http://www.hmpdacc.org/

http://www.hmpdacc.org/impacts_health/impact_health.php

Edited by feedyoureye

Checking in. Feast day. Still not a feast like before as I've pared down the calories but it might feel like a feast after yesterday! Down a touch on the scale - might even say goodbye to one whole pound this week! That would be awesome, actually. Then I'd have two more to the top of my maintenance window and four more after that. Six pounds shouldn't seem so daunting, but again, my sweaters are snug and I'd like them to fit again!

Fast day was fine yesterday - no real trouble sticking with it or staying on track.

Off to run errands. My son wants to be Pete the Cat for storybook dress up day at school. I guess only folks with young kids would know about Pete, though. Anyway, I need to either find cat ears or make them. I don't really understand the motivation for the school district behind not celebrating "Halloween" at school...but then doing a party day where the kids dress up on Halloween anyway. It's like the "holiday parties" in the military - you know, the ones where you're voluntold to attend and there's a Christmas tree, Santa and everyone sings Christmas carols...but it's totally NOT a Christmas party. Seriously, just call it what it is and move on! And hey, consider letting those of us that don't do Christmas have a choice about not attending, too. Bah, that's another story!

Well, hope all you lovelies have a great day. I'm feeling well enough that it's time to start tackling my to do list. I hope I don't pick up any new bugs out there, but I'm ridiculously excited about getting out of the house and being in the sunshine!

~Cheri

Hello!

Just caught up with the thread and glad to read that everyone seems more upbeat.

Been away for the weekend visiting Hubbie's family and it went really well - long story short; they fell out 5 years ago and have just made up. It was great to see them back together!

So had a few days of not watching what I ate, and just enjoying the moment.

Fasting today and not hungry at all... it is 2pm and I've had a some coffee... all good so far. Will save my cals for dinner and that will be me done! scale is just bouncing around at the moment, but I expected this as it seems to be my pattern, however, it doesn't ease the frustration! Never mind - as long as I see a slow decline - slow being the operative word!!

It is half term here, so I am off work for a week - I do have some school work to do at home, but nothing too important or strenuous! Planning on visiting some friends who I don't get to see when it is term time, so that will be nice.

OH forgot to say - OD - your pic is beautiful! Glad to 'see' you!

Cheri, your little girl is adorable... worth all the stress and exhaustion - lol! I remember it all too well.

Checking in. Feast day. Still not a feast like before as I've pared down the calories but it might feel like a feast after yesterday! Down a touch on the scale - might even say goodbye to one whole pound this week! That would be awesome' date=' actually. Then I'd have two more to the top of my maintenance window and four more after that. Six pounds shouldn't seem so daunting, but again, my sweaters are snug and I'd like them to fit again! Fast day was fine yesterday - no real trouble sticking with it or staying on track. Off to run errands. My son wants to be Pete the Cat for storybook dress up day at school. I guess only folks with young kids would know about Pete, though. Anyway, I need to either find cat ears or make them. I don't really understand the motivation for the school district behind not celebrating "Halloween" at school...but then doing a party day where the kids dress up on Halloween anyway. It's like the "holiday parties" in the military - you know, the ones where you're voluntold to attend and there's a Christmas tree, Santa and everyone sings Christmas carols...but it's totally NOT a Christmas party. Seriously, just call it what it is and move on! And hey, consider letting those of us that don't do Christmas have a choice about not attending, too. Bah, that's another story! Well, hope all you lovelies have a great day. I'm feeling well enough that it's time to start tackling my to do list. I hope I don't pick up any new bugs out there, but I'm ridiculously excited about getting out of the house and being in the sunshine! ~Cheri[/quote'] I luvs ya, Cheri!! I'm with you in holidays. For a while at my office we had to say "seasons greetings!"" Merry Christmas was banned!! Lol

Oh and I LOVE. VOLUNTOLD!!! bahahaha

Edited by Georgia

Hello! Just caught up with the thread and glad to read that everyone seems more upbeat. Been away for the weekend visiting Hubbie's family and it went really well - long story short; they fell out 5 years ago and have just made up. It was great to see them back together! So had a few days of not watching what I ate' date=' and just enjoying the moment. Fasting today and not hungry at all... it is 2pm and I've had a some coffee... all good so far. Will save my cals for dinner and that will be me done! scale is just bouncing around at the moment, but I expected this as it seems to be my pattern, however, it doesn't ease the frustration! Never mind - as long as I see a slow decline - slow being the operative word!! It is half term here, so I am off work for a week - I do have some school work to do at home, but nothing too important or strenuous! Planning on visiting some friends who I don't get to see when it is term time, so that will be nice.[/quote']

Happy holiday to you!!!

Coops, have a nice week off! We don't have a fall break here. My boys don't have their first full week off until Xmas break. They get 2 days for Thanksgiving and had a couple days off last week for conferences.

Cheri, glad you are feeling better. Hope it stays that way. Sometimes around here it seems like we are always sick, it keeps getting passed around.

Globe, I agree with what you said about "gains". The scale moves up and down close to 5 pounds for me. I don't look at it as a gain. After a couple weeks when I finally see the number go down and stay down I count it as a loss. This is part of the reason I don't weigh in every day. Oh, and, a couple weeks ago for the first time, I finally took a laxative. I couldn't stand it anymore. When I was young I abused laxatives so I haven't taken any in many years but I seriously couldn't handle being blocked up anymore. It worked and I felt so much better.

Made it through my fast day yesterday just fine. I came in about 450 calories. For some reason, when I tried to eat my tilapia my sleeve wouldn't have it, so after a few bites I stopped. I just had my Protein Drink and my night time popcorn snack.< /p>

I need to order the part for the washing machine so I can finish the laundry. Should be an easy fix if we are right in figuring out what is wrong with it. My husband is not a fixer upper type of person at all and neither am I so when things break down or need work around here it's a pain in the butt. Plus it ends up being very expensive because we don't know how to do it ourselves. But, thanks to YouTube I think we figured this one out!

Hope everyone has a good day today!:)

IM NOT HAVING A GOOD DAY!!!

OMG. Somebody save me! my mother is driving me crazy... Just her taking up space in my home and the simple act of breathing is irritating me...

I'm fasting today also, so if you don't hear from me again it's because they won't allow my iPhone in the jail cell.

I was going to say I now know why I'm fat. It's because of her. But really? if I had I ton of food right now I'd stuff it in her mouth to shut her up.

Ok deep cleansing breath..... In........... And out.......

Breathe, Laura! Hang in there. Here's hoping the visit passes quickly and that you're still sane (and haven't killed anyone) by the end of it. :)

~Cheri

IM NOT HAVING A GOOD DAY!!! OMG. Somebody save me! my mother is driving me crazy... Just her taking up space in my home and the simple act of breathing is irritating me... I'm fasting today also' date=' so if you don't hear from me again it's because they won't allow my iPhone in the jail cell. I was going to say I now know why I'm fat. It's because of her. But really? if I had I ton of food right now I'd stuff it in her mouth to shut her up. Ok deep cleansing breath..... In........... And out....... [/quote']

Hee her! And back away from the Halloween candy if you hVe any!

Wow! 5:30 and I've had 125 calories. Gonna eat a bowl of veggie Soup (150) and decide what want to have next!!!! :)

LV - breath. It's so hard to have most mothers in the house.. Short visit I hope. Ending my fast Monday on a good note. It's 9pm and so far no snacks.. that's my recent goal.. no Snacks on fast days.. even planned ones. I was trapped Sunday after church by Boy Scouts selling popcorn.. All they had left was popcorn with chocolate drizzle. Two of my favorite things, popcorn and chocolate. To support the Boy Scouts I bought some. But i'm leaving it out in my car. I'm almost certain I wont venture outside in the middle of the night to get a handful. I am almost certain I wont do that. Stay strong ladies!!

Good job Georgia!

Brown OMG I could not be that strong! chocolate anything would drive me over the edge. :(

Ok she's gone!!!! OMG I took her to a two hour doctors appt today. It was very stressful and the doctor and I confronted her on her alcohol use (not what any of us expected especially her)

She's an alcoholic but became clean and sober after my brothers death. But she's back to drinking :( every night and is pissed and says lots of normal people drink wine every night. Yeah...

I tried to talk to her about my food addiction and that even though I'm smaller now I'm still an addict. I told her for instance I'm so stressed out I could eat a package of Oreos today and that after she left I will be fighting a secret binge.

Even though "normal" weighted people can eat Oreos, I can't.

She wanted to know why I was stressed :P

Ok no binges today and I'm at 426 so far.. I might

MIGHT make it...

Wow! 5:30 and I've had 125 calories. Gonna eat a bowl of veggie Soup (150) and decide what want to have next!!!! :)

Oh and if you don't want to use those calories?

I'll take em :D