Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had a nasty run in with a mercurial co-worker today, she sniped nastily at me for doing something that she herself had just done not 5 minutes prior. She's one of those people who is in a bubbly mood so long as she is the center of attention and being lavished with praise and the moment the attention shifts elsewhere or she doesn't get what she want's, venom. My situation being what it is, I can't just "leave it at the office" since we live in the same hut, separated only by a half plywood wall, and are the only females on the team. Just gotta hold on 3 more weeks till she leaves. gonna be a long 3 weeks.

Had a nasty run in with a mercurial co-worker today, she sniped nastily at me for doing something that she herself had just done not 5 minutes prior. She's one of those people who is in a bubbly mood so long as she is the center of attention and being lavished with praise and the moment the attention shifts elsewhere or she doesn't get what she want's, venom. My situation being what it is, I can't just "leave it at the office" since we live in the same hut, separated only by a half plywood wall, and are the only females on the team. Just gotta hold on 3 more weeks till she leaves. gonna be a long 3 weeks.

shake it off..shake it off

I am a Gemini and can be mercurial myself, we don't really mean anything by it!

I'm a Gemini too! But when I'm acting that way I usually mean it :P

But yes globe shaking it off will not give her the satisfaction of rattling you.

Ok weird day today, I'm really full and had a hard time eating my first meal (yes at 1 pm) just now (Greek yogurt)

I tell you this sleeve is one persnickety b***h!

Last week I could not get satisfied today I can't eat..

Looking forward to fasting tomorrow. . just realized Halloween is a fast day.

I am going to the movies and I am going to enjoy my popcorn. I am holding steady with my weight and I think I deserve a kiddy size popcorn. Will fast tomorrow though!

My appetite is coming down a little... but I have been thirsty and drinking alot... like maybe 50-100% more then my normal. If I don't drink 16 oz of Water overnight I wake up feeling dehydrated - its weird. My blood sugar was tested a month ago so I doubt I suddenly turned diabetic. Ideas?

oh, and I left for mexico at 150, returned at 157 and this morning was just under 154... so slowly getting rid of the Water. Since they took 5.5# of skin, my real weight should be in the 145# ballpark. Surgeon told me it will be two months before my end results can be seen so I assume the same applies to the scale....

My appetite is coming down a little... but I have been thirsty and drinking alot... like maybe 50-100% more then my normal. If I don't drink 16 oz of Water overnight I wake up feeling dehydrated - its weird. My blood sugar was tested a month ago so I doubt I suddenly turned diabetic. Ideas?

I think if I remember anesthesia side effects makes you very thirsty and tend toward dehydration.

I think if I remember anesthesia side effects makes you very thirsty and tend toward dehydration.

My surgery was 2 weeks ago Monday - Oct 14 - the thirst kicked in last week about Thursday. I think I am going to ask the surgeon because it just seems excessive.

I am behaving myself, just resting, with a little walking because I am exhausted...

My surgery was 2 weeks ago Monday - Oct 14 - the thirst kicked in last week about Thursday. I think I am going to ask the surgeon because it just seems excessive. I am behaving myself' date=' just resting, with a little walking because I am exhausted...[/quote']

Good idea. I looked it up after reading this. I know nothing about this so our medical type peeps need to weigh in. Here's what it said:

Thirst and Constipation

Many patients experience extreme thirst after surgery. Sometimes an electrolyte imbalance can result from lack of fluids and a patient may feel light-headed and dizzy. They may also complain of constipation and flatulence.< /p>

Let's hope you don't experience much of the last one!! LOL.

Yep, as my favorite personal anthem says, shake it off shake it off :) Fast day yesterday, half a Quest bar, 3 coffee mugs of beef broth with little bits of veggies in it, some perky Jerky, and some saltines. I've had to finally just throw away the package because they are becoming a dangerous nightly ritual. Today is greens greens greens, fish, greens greens greens. I'm on the constipated upward climb of the IBS hill, actually looking forward to the diarrhea slope >:} Only then will I feel confident in the authenticity of the scale #.

Interesting side note: I have been following the Wahl's Protocol as best I can with my limited capability so of course all sugar white flour processed etc etc has been out, barring my recent saltines mania ... anyway, last week I ate a square of Ghirardelli dark chocolate with a sea salt caramel filling. Sounds glorious right? It should have been, they historically have been little squares of god-love. But you know what? It just tasted like flat sugar, it was "loud" and "too bright", if that makes any sense at all. Taste bud reset? About a week into the protocol I had half an apple that I had smuggled back from Germany. Now granted, hese apples were amazing to begin with when I had them in Germany, that's why I brought some back. But now, after the protocol, I think I heard choirs of angels burst forth every time I chewed, the taste was sensational and no manufactured candy could stand a chance against it. :)

Edited by Globetrotter

Hi Ladies.. I had a great weekend. LV Glad your back in the game. UK Cathy. good idea on the personal trainer. I'm still not there yet. Cheri. She is adorable and of course a good reason for a weight gain. Just think you'll be able to set her on the right nutritionists path with all you've learned and your new eating lifestyle. I may not have been an overweight adult had I had more information about eating right during my youth and especially my teens. My grandmother always told me not to eat bread, but there was no real understanding of carbs and sugar avoidance or ever really balanced eating in my household at that time. Your children are lucky they have you to teach them all of that. CGJ glad you got back safe , sounds like the trip was a success. Continue to rest, relax and heal. The 50th anniversary party I threw this weekend was a great success. I had a fabulous time. There was lots of dancing and dancing and dancing. I had on a new dress, currently the smallest size dress in my closet and I felt beautiful. Really enjoyed my self, until I got home and started to relax. Well I got the worst Charlie horses and leg cramps I have every had in my life!!. So much pain I wanted my family to take me to the emergency room!!.. Lucky hubby was willing to rub my feet which is where the pains were starting , rub my legs and help me stretch them out. OUCH!! such pain. I know.. I know... if I were exercising often that would not have happened.. I have cleared a path to my recumbent bike and might have to wrap my head around moving more than once a year. Still nursing the initial 3 pound loss. I weigh daily, and I've seen a 5 pound loss, but it goes up and down. This will be the second week of really moving the calories down under 1200 and no snacking on fast days, not even planned ones. trying to learn control. Marching into a new week..

Looking forward to fasting tomorrow. . just realized Halloween is a fast day.

I am going to the movies and I am going to enjoy my popcorn. I am holding steady with my weight and I think I deserve a kiddy size popcorn. Will fast tomorrow though!

OD I love movies.. what did you see?

So looking forward to fasting today... had a blast yesterday kayaking, but loaded up on Snacks, salty high fat snacks.... gained 1.4 pounds, but Im pretty sure fasting will blast that off. I also exercised like a fiend... almost 4 hours of kayaking... well over 800 cals. SORE. See ya later ladies! Have a great day!

Sitting in front of my fireplace looking out the window at the foggy, beautiful Fall weather! No agenda today. I love it. Will be a lower cal day but fast day tomorrow and I'm ready! Have a good one, all!

Brown, I get BAD Charlie horses also!!! Sometimes my leg will literally draw up at night. I just add a banana and increase my potassium which if low causes them. Glad you had a great time dancing!!!!

Kayaking, FYE! I have always seen myself "rolled over " and not being able to turn back over! chicken. Envious.

Globe, I know JUST what you mean about "too bright" and"loud!" Unfortunately, I somewhat lost that feeling along the way! Ha! Now, truly, thankfully, ANYTHING milk chocolate tastes that way to me. But since try to just stay away it's okay. I did have a snack size Three Muskateers (grands Halloween party stash) and it was yucky! But I ate it!! Ha !

Well my weight was up 0.5lb Sunday morning, the holiday obviously started early. Sat looking at the sea, reading and relaxing. Went out for lunch and had a prawn omelette and I am totally stuffed. Life is good.

Brown it sounds like you have found your exercise - dancing! It is something you enjoy so go for it, especially if your lovely husband will give you a foot rub afterwards.

coffee calls.