Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hope everyone is well. I fasted yesterday and I'm having a light week in anticipation of my holiday next week.

I just had to share with you ladies and I hope it is not TMI but I just had a 'never trust a fart' situation. I had one of these a couple of weeks post op but never since and I am 18 months out now! I went out with husband and MIL for lunch and I ordered a starter portion of poached salmon and because I don't eat many salad leaves I thought I would have a side order of mushrooms. I ate the salmon and about half of the mushrooms. Fast forward about 30 mins after meal and I was hanging out the laundry and 'it' happened. I immediately had to shower and change. Thank goodness I was at home, if it had happened anywhere else I would have been mortified. I blame the mushrooms, I haven't had many since being sleeved and I might just take them off the menu again.

I could do with popping out to the shops but I think I will leave it for now and make sure my tum is OK. I'm going to the theatre tonight so want to make doubly sure.

LV- hope your tuning in and that you are feeling better about yourself. You give lots of love and support on this site, let us now return the favour and give you the support you need.

Georgia you seem to be wasting away, those scales love you at the moment but it is just the reward for the hard work you have put into the 5:2

Brown your head seems to be in the right place now, I don't love the exercise but I do make myself do it. The first year I went to a ladies only gym that is the equivalent of curves and I found that fine. The past few months I got a trainer who comes to the house, I booked 10 sessions initially and she came once a week, I then booked another 10 and she comes every other week. I do the exercises myself about 3 times per week. Ido enjoy this more as the exercises are tailored to me and what I want to achieve.

Coops, you on half term next week? If so enjoy the rest.

I fly Sunday so I am going to make my weigh in day Sunday this week (instead of Monday ) then next week I am going to enjoy myself but not overindulge, most probably no fast days and then just back to it when I return.

Hope everyone is well. I fasted yesterday and I'm having a light week in anticipation of my holiday next week.

I just had to share with you ladies and I hope it is not TMI but I just had a 'never trust a fart' situation. I had one of these a couple of weeks post op but never since and I am 18 months out now! I went out with husband and MIL for lunch and I ordered a starter portion of poached salmon and because I don't eat many salad leaves I thought I would have a side order of mushrooms. I ate the salmon and about half of the mushrooms. Fast forward about 30 mins after meal and I was hanging out the laundry and 'it' happened. I immediately had to shower and change. Thank goodness I was at home, if it had happened anywhere else I would have been mortified. I blame the mushrooms, I haven't had many since being sleeved and I might just take them off the menu again.

I could do with popping out to the shops but I think I will leave it for now and make sure my tum is OK. I'm going to the theatre tonight so want to make doubly sure.

LV- hope your tuning in and that you are feeling better about yourself. You give lots of love and support on this site, let us now return the favour and give you the support you need.

Georgia you seem to be wasting away, those scales love you at the moment but it is just the reward for the hard work you have put into the 5:2

Brown your head seems to be in the right place now, I don't love the exercise but I do make myself do it. The first year I went to a ladies only gym that is the equivalent of curves and I found that fine. The past few months I got a trainer who comes to the house, I booked 10 sessions initially and she came once a week, I then booked another 10 and she comes every other week. I do the exercises myself about 3 times per week. Ido enjoy this more as the exercises are tailored to me and what I want to achieve.

Coops, you on half term next week? If so enjoy the rest.

I fly Sunday so I am going to make my weigh in day Sunday this week (instead of Monday ) then next week I am going to enjoy myself but not overindulge, most probably no fast days and then just back to it when I return.

'Never trust a fart" wise words to live by. :P although you would certainly like trust a fart, sometimes they are sneaky!

I am so jealous! I would love to have a personal trainer, maybe sometime... I did go to a sports physical therapist last year,and he gave me some advice... loved that!

Where you going for vaycay? Hope you have a great time!

So I am now one pound from the high end of my goal bounce range. MFP was reset, and I had the choice of 1100 or 1310 calories a day... I want back to 1200! Anyway I don't want to go as low as 1100, so I picked 1310... and will see how it goes. I can always eat less. I will make this goal by xmas yet!

Y'all are cracking me up this morning. Cathy, um, IBS runs in my family so we NEVER trust them!! I have been known to go into bathrooms,take off and trash my underwear! Lol. Not bad now, it's the opposite. I WISH I could go! Ha!

Quick check in, hope everyone is well. Feast day but somehow it's winding up like a fast day. I'm at 220 calories and it's well past lunch. dinner menu: challah, matzo ball Soup, roasted chicken, spinach and strawberry salad, chickpea salad, green salad, roasted brussels sprouts. I'm on a veggie kick and trying to teach the family that you don't need potatoes! In any case, I might end today closer to 700 calories, IF I eat a small piece of challah. Otherwise, I'm going to come in like a fast day, but at the rate I'm going I figure that can't hurt.

OD, that date would have bothered me. It's a shame he seems to have a hangup about larger people. Was he formerly fat himself? I met a woman that does the SAME thing, and it turned out that she was really incredibly judgmental of anyone that hadn't lost the weight because she managed to do it herself.

Hang in there for the weekend, ladies. Not sure about the rest of you but I find them harder - mostly because I'm up later and the snack demons bother me in the evening! I made some hummus today, though, so I'm planning to crunch if the desire to munch gets too strong.

Oh, and a picture of my adorable little setback follows. She's such a stinker. I hate losing and regaining these last ten pounds but this little turkey was well worth it, even if I'm frustrated at times. Try, all times. But c'mon, isn't she cute? Seven months old this week, can you believe how time flies?

~Cheri

post-1209-13838396775332_thumb.jpg

Edited by clk

Cheri, absolutely precious!!!!

What a darling! I can see the twinkle in her eye.... thinking up something to make mommy jump!

Been thinking about you girls... I've read all the posts that I've missed, and I truly love you all!

My mind is foggy and I'm not sure I remember how to type! It sounds like some exciting news for some (vacations yay) and weight loss for others hooray! And holding steady for others (which is a feat in itself sometimes) an adventures in dating for others! Daisy he sounds like a superficial judgmental guy that lacks a filter.

Trust me don't settle!

Ok my week, it's been a mind game. I have had a rough time with food. I've done my fasts. I went over a little bit but trust me my mind wanted me to go over all the way! I've fought hard this week with insatiable hunger. I've talked about the "hole" and the need to fill it before, this week the hole was bottomless it seemed, and there were plenty of times I felt like falling into the abyss of it.

I've been in a depression. Losing weight does not change everything as you know.

I think part of the mind, mouth stomach struggle this week is a combo of things.

The foods I ate last weekend just fueled my appetite that's for sure! And that in itself is so depressing!

I'm coming up on my year, and it's a heady time. thinking about where I have been, where I still need to go and the struggle that I will always live with. It's not so easy for some of us huh? Just like life, it's the luck of the draw sometimes.

Halloween is next week. It is driven by candy yeah? and I'm hoping to avoiding buying anything I like... So sweet tarts it is.

Halloween is also my brothers birthday..

Addiction.....

What can I say here, he was addicted to drugs and alcohol, he was also a successful man.

Who fought his addictions tooth and nail so successfully sometimes.. a lot of the times actually.

One day he got tired of fighting...

He plays on my mind, because he was the stronger of the two of us I always felt. He was also my other half we knew each other's demons more so than anybody else. We were each other's witness to our past.

You know our addictions were different, but actually he was fat as a child and it was most

unacceptable to him. It was worse than drugs or alcohol to him..

His weight fluctuated a bit as an adult but like I said it was unacceptable. As long as he looked good that's all that matter and he did look good he spared no expense on his upkeep and went to spas and anti aging centers. He presented to the world, a very accomplished, well groomed, fit man. But behind the scenes the "hole" existed for him too. That hole scares me. It's about so much more than food, food is just what I fill it with. Even with the years of therapy it still exists..

Wow.

If you read this far I applaud you!

It has been a rough week.

I have my anchors that help keep my from going to far adrift my husband my children (ok the are more like albatrosses sometimes :P)

And you guys... :)

So here I am to fight another day.

Edited by laura-ven

Been thinking about you girls... I've read all the posts that I've missed' date=' and I truly love you all! My mind is foggy and I'm not sure I remember how to type! It sounds like some exciting news for some (vacations yay) and weight loss for others hooray! And holding steady for others (which is a feat in itself sometimes) an adventures in dating for others! Daisy he sounds like a superficial judgmental guy that lacks a filter. Trust me don't settle! Ok my week, it's been a mind game. I have had a rough time with food. I've done my fasts. I went over a little bit but trust me my mind wanted me to go over all the way! I've fought hard this week with insatiable hunger. I've talked about the "hole" and the need to fill it before, this week the hole was bottomless it seemed, and there were plenty of times I felt like falling into the abyss of it. I've been in a depression. Losing weight does not change everything as you know. I think part of the mind, mouth stomach struggle this week is a combo of things. The foods I ate last weekend just fueled my appetite that's for sure! And that in itself is so depressing! I'm coming up on my year, and it's a heady time. thinking about where I have been, where I still need to go and the struggle that I will always live with. It's not so easy for some of us huh? Just like life, it's the luck of the draw sometimes. Halloween is next week. It is driven by candy yeah? and I'm hoping to avoiding buying anything I like... So sweet tarts it is. Halloween is also my brothers birthday.. Addiction..... What can I say here, he was addicted to drugs and alcohol, he was also a successful man. Who fought his addictions tooth and nail so successfully sometimes.. a lot of the times actually. One day he got tired of fighting... He plays on my mind, because he was the stronger of the two of us I always felt. He was also my other half we knew each other's demons more so than anybody else. We were each other's witness to our past. You know our addictions were different, but actually he was fat as a child and it was most unacceptable to him. It was worse than drugs or alcohol to him.. His weight fluctuated a bit as an adult but like I said it was unacceptable. As long as he looked good that's all that matter and he did look good he spared no expense on his upkeep and went to spas and anti aging centers. He presented to the world, a very accomplished, well groomed, fit man. But behind the scenes the "hole" existed for him too. That hole scares me. It's about so much more than food, food is just what I fill it with. Even with the years of therapy it still exists.. Wow. If you read this far I applaud you! It has been a rough week. I have my anchors that help keep my from going to far adrift my husband my children (ok the are more like albatrosses sometimes :P) And you guys... :) So here I am to fight another day.[/quote']

Much love. I have struggled. Do struggle with depression too at times. When I started reading this I felt I could be writing only mine is a son. Just this year, after 17 years of drug crazed, alcohol laden hysteria is he 22 months clean and sober and the first time I have actually KNOWN him as a real person. I actually like him. Sounds strange, doesn't it? I've loved him fully. Desperately. But in absolute terror and fear. For the first time, as an adult whole man who is making his way and the best father (always was) to my beautiful 3 year old granddaughter that I could ask for.

That said. I live still, at times, waiting. Night sweats of terror. Waiting. God is good. Faithful. My rock. And yes, food played a role in my struggle to cope. That's why I love all of these strong courageous ( yes you LV) people on VSG so much. We are a voice of reason and hope and courage for each other.

Much love. I have struggled. Do struggle with depression too at times. When I started reading this I felt I could be writing only mine is a son. Just this year' date=' after 17 years of drug crazed, alcohol laden hysteria is he 22 months clean and sober and the first time I have actually KNOWN him as a real person. I actually like him. Sounds strange, doesn't it? I've loved him fully. Desperately. But in absolute terror and fear. For the first time, as an adult whole man who is making his way and the best father (always was) to my beautiful 3 year old granddaughter that I could ask for. That said. I live still, at times, waiting. Night sweats of terror. Waiting. God is good. Faithful. My rock. And yes, food played a role in my struggle to cope. That's why I love all of these strong courageous ( yes you LV) people on VSG so much. We are a voice of reason and hope and courage for each other.[/quote']

I'm so happy to hear that your son is clean and sober! He has the one thing, that I really in my heart have felt could of saved my brother, a child.

I know that sounds weird but it's what I always felt saved me..

He felt strongly that he and I shouldn't reproduce because we were damaged. But we have (had) love to give. And I think he could of been a great dad, he was an awesome uncle to my children :)

I know the terror you describe, I felt it for years. Waiting for the call. I still feel it... That fear of how fragile life can be.

I'm so happy to hear that your son is clean and sober! He has the one thing' date=' that I really in my heart have felt could of saved my brother, a child. I know that sounds weird but it's what I always felt saved me.. He felt strongly that he and I shouldn't reproduce because we were damaged. But we have (had) love to give. And I think he could of been a great dad, he was an awesome uncle to my children :) I know the terror you describe, I felt it for years. Waiting for the call. I still feel it... That fear of how fragile life can be. [/quote']

EXACTLY! I have felt many times that my son knows that his daughter is what will keep him pushing on. Something bigger than himself. LOVE

So much to comment on but I am pretty out of it. Yesterday was travel day and I am whipped.

Daisy maybe we need to start a private forum like this for dating. I hate the online carp too. My part-time boyfriend situation is evolving and is complicated at times. I have mixed feelings

Glad you jumped back in LV. You have a lot to contribute here, and sometimes, for me, contribution is what helps me get to the next day. I don't have a lot of drugs and alcohol use in my family (my dads dad was a long time member of AA) but lots of mental illness. People have their problems, families have their problems, its just part of being human, we are not alone in that.

Jane,

I'm glad you made it back to the states ok:)

And yes FYE staying around really does help. I think my mood was so black I couldn't see straight.

So much to comment on but I am pretty out of it. Yesterday was travel day and I am whipped. Daisy maybe we need to start a private forum like this for dating. I hate the online carp too. My part-time boyfriend situation is evolving and is complicated at times. I have mixed feelings

So glad you made it back home and doing well with recovery. We need pics. :).

Am I allowed to post naked photos?