Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey folks.

OD - sorry about your break up. But honestly, as hard as it is to be alone, it's better than settling and inviting different unhappiness into your life. Good luck getting out there and meeting new people. Have fun with it. Allow yourself some time to be sad for what might have been but stay strong and don't allow yourself to eat emotionally! You've done well on 5:2 - don't compromise your success.

Brown - you're not the only person that justifies healthy Snacks or late night nibbles. Night is hardest for me, too. Especially if I let a certain snack time become a habit! I have to keep it all over the place or I have a terrible time. For me, the habit is harder than kicking the desire to eat - most often I eat because it's time to eat or an established habit, not because I'm hungry! Hang in there!

Great job Cathy!

And Georgia, you're the queen here - you've had amazing success!

GT, it's the little things, isn't it? When I got back stateside, the sheer selection in the stores was overwhelming and I wasn't nearly as remote a location as you. I just spun around in circles because everywhere I looked there were CHOICES! :) And I drink a Protein coffee every single morning. YUM.

So, my scale is the enemy but what else is new? We're sick around here again (round three in 2.5 weeks for the three kids and myself!) and lack of sleep has me up a touch. I actually saw 147 on the scale the other day, and I can't blame hormones (at least not directly) as I finally, FINALLY got to see the end of that never-ending period. TMI, but whatever. Seriously, any woman that has a cycle for nearly 40 days gets to complain about it!

I'm at 145 again today. I really, really, really want to see at least 141 again. That was the top end of my maintenance window. I'm having such a hard time though. I had no idea that this was going to be so hard and so, well, out of my control, really. Because I feel like even when I do the "right" things I'm not losing, you know?

Today I had a protein coffee for Breakfast and I'm having an egg white and chicken sausage scramble for lunch in a few hours. Boring old chicken with steamed veggies and a salad for dinner. I'm fasting, can you tell? :) No snacks. NO SNACKS. I need to nip the snacking in the bud, because I find myself wanting to eat all night long, even when I'm not hungry. Water is my new snack. Lots and lots of water.

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm off. I'm fighting a chest cold and I got the cold virus in my eye - can you believe that? Now I've got this horrible swollen, red eye to accompany my runny nose and my cough. Lovely. I look a mess, that's for certain. Elisheva has a cold, too, poor thing. She was up all night with a runny/stuffy nose. So here's hoping a nap (a nice, long two hour one!) is in our future. Because Mama needs a break, I swear.

~Cheri

Had a square of Rittersport dark w/hazelnuts v_v, but I'm still coming in at only 615 cals and low carbs so, I'm calling it a win!

I'm gonna try out the pumpkin thingys from Eggface. My problem will definitely be the portion control!!! A SILVER DOLLAR! Lets try twenty dollars worth! LOL

And that chocolate sounds good!!!! The real thing!

Okay, Peeps, I CAN have my cake and eat it too! (well. so to speak) We have a new Keurig at work. I am NOT a coffee drinker. Have tried for years. BUT, Timothy's German chocolate cake coffee! Not bad - 11 calories plus a little squirt cream (15) and it does KINDA taste like cake!! Ha!

Any who, it's fast day for me. I'm "holding" at 147 but I can really tell that my stepped up exercise regime is toning my body. Even my size 8 skirts are lose now. A solid medium top on a lot of things. So strange to me. I, seriously, have not been this small in 40+ years and that was really for a VERY SHORT TIME right when I got married and had been on a diet. Always hovered around 155-160 at my very lowest which was only before age 30!!!

I LOVE my sleeve first of all for this incredible journey but I am truly in love with 5:2. Seriously, will just probably be a lifestyle with me forever.

So proud of all of us!! It takes willpower and GUTS to do what we are doing and accomplishing what we are accomplishing! (and YAAY, BROWN, you lost that three pounds and are moving forward!) To all the newest Peeps, so glad to have you with us.

Rock on!!!

Sad, depressed angry, and just plain old down...

Up 3 pound from the weekend..

Some days I just feel like I can't take it anymore. I come here and see all these people that dropped all of their weight in six months, I should be happy for them but I'm just disappointed in myself. I will never have a normal life. My days will be consumed with food or lack there of. And should I take my eye of the wheel for two days?? Boom it's back.

Some days I'm tired of fighting. I told myself I would fight for this for the rest of my life because it's worth it.

But it's hard almost everyday it's hard,

I like, want, desire food. I'm still addicted to it. It rules my life even now.

Sorry guys.

On that note fasting today. Why I don't know it's just what I do.

Sad' date=' depressed angry, and just plain old down... Up 3 pound from the weekend.. Some days I just feel like I can't take it anymore. I come here and see all these people that dropped all of their weight in six months, I should be happy for them but I'm just disappointed in myself. I will never have a normal life. My days will be consumed with food or lack there of. And should I take my eye of the wheel for two days?? Boom it's back. Some days I'm tired of fighting. I told myself I would fight for this for the rest of my life because it's worth it. But it's hard almost everyday it's hard, I like, want, desire food. I'm still addicted to it. It rules my life even now. Sorry guys. On that note fasting today. Why I don't know it's just what I do.[/quote']

You are thin, you are healthy ( mostly), you are GORGEOUS, and you are up three pounds. SO WHAT? You'll be right back down by the end of the week. Maybe you would like it stay level but it isn't going to EVER. as you like to call Normal People fluctuate also. They just don't weigh themselves probably every day and micromanage their weight like us. I know you are upset now. This too shall pass. I go up and down too. I think we truly have out ourselves into this fishbowl of Weight Related issues that we fixate on. It will get better. You know what you are doing and are doing it today. Love and hugs to you!

Correction. It's 5 pounds up now. This truly is the story of my whole life, starve or gain.

Forgive me,

But I don't want to hear that I'm thin or pretty because I feel like a sham. This weight loss is so fragile, the fat and ugly is right below the surface, scratching, begging to come out. It needs only the slightest encouragement and comes through to remind me that it will always be there waiting and ready and able with so little effort.

OMG I need a xanex and a drink...

Cheri feel better!!

GT I have never heard of that Rittersport? What is that?

FYE Soup sounds yum. If you remember will you post the recipe over on that thread?

Georgia ahhh, thank you!!! I'm so glad you are rocking the 5:2. I feel like I'm working it working it working it...and still it is a slow crawl for me, but you know what? I'm getting 'er done!!!

LV NO GIVING UP! I have those days too! But don't let them turn into more than a day...you can do this...we are all in this for the long haul!!!

I've been sleeved 3 years ago exactly today. It's been a wild ride and there have been bumps in the road. But at the end of the day I'm so forever grateful that I took this step to reclaim my health. Fasting today AND it's double workout day, so I'm sitting here at the computer and drinking Water and dreaming of when dinner is gonna roll around. I'm at 225 right now, so hope to stick right around 500.

Correction. It's 5 pounds up now. This truly is the story of my whole life, starve or gain.

Forgive me,

But I don't want to hear that I'm thin or pretty because I feel like a sham. This weight loss is so fragile, the fat and ugly is right below the surface, scratching, begging to come out. It needs only the slightest encouragement and comes through to remind me that it will always be there waiting and ready and able with so little effort.

OMG I need a xanex and a drink...

I would like to talk to you about all thiswhen you are in a state of mind that is more comfortable. I spent alot of my life beating the crap out of myelf over my weight and it got me to 332 at some point. i would like to assure you that hanging in the 150s 160s, good lord, even the 200s beats the heck out of the 300s. I do at times wonder if a little self acceptance of just the way things are and moving on and enjoying life little isn't a good thing at times.

Cheri feel better!! GT I have never heard of that Rittersport? What is that? FYE Soup sounds yum. If you remember will you post the recipe over on that thread? Georgia ahhh' date=' thank you!!! I'm so glad you are rocking the 5:2. I feel like I'm working it working it working it...and still it is a slow crawl for me, but you know what? I'm getting 'er done!!! LV NO GIVING UP! I have those days too! But don't let them turn into more than a day...you can do this...we are all in this for the long haul!!! I've been sleeved 3 years ago exactly today. It's been a wild ride and there have been bumps in the road. But at the end of the day I'm so forever grateful that I took this step to reclaim my health. Fasting today AND it's double workout day, so I'm sitting here at the computer and drinking Water and dreaming of when dinner is gonna roll around. I'm at 225 right now, so hope to stick right around 500.[/quote']

Welcome to the "old timers club". 3+ years is awesome!!!

LV, I know you're in the wrong head space but, really and truly, I can completely empathise with you - I go through the same sorta cycle. I call it my dark place. And yea, it is hard to read how people fart and lose 100lb when we are struggling to get rid of the last 10-20lb!

But I also believe that each and every second I fight this last bit of weight is making me more successful. I will not regain. I will not get ill due to obesity related diseases. And I will continue to build my health and strength -physically and mentally, regardless of what the f*ing scales say!

Stick with us m'love - and take all the compliments that you are given; if you don't believe them today, you might tomo?

Hugs!

LV, you don't have to be in a "right" headspace to talk to us here, you know. I'm in a yuk place too. It's not usually abt food or non weight loss, but it does sometimes use that battleground to duke things out. :-( I'm also not losing, gained like 3kg again. Feel like general failure, and then WL failure just makes it all more vivid.

So here's a (((hug))), cos I could use one too.

I find myself in this head space too. I have to gather myself and remind myself where I've been and reread some of the posts here. We all fluctuate in weight by a few lbs and then we get back to business. I know that when I'm not watching what I'm eating, I do gain a bit. So I try to focus on eating mostly Proteins and veggies. Today I evaluated MFP and it told me I was eating a big portion of carbs......It's those stupid Quest bars, I just keep talking myself into buying them and I eat them. They are the devils food for me. This is our struggle to carry and we all pretty much have to work on our head hunger..... :P LV we all love you! :P

.....On that note fasting today. Why I don't know it's just what I do.

...so you can live a lot longer and live more days like this, and learn to be an old wise woman who still rides a mountain bike! Laura, I have a DD student who is very bright, but has the habit of beating himself up over any angry outbursts or other "weakness" he might have. Now, after so many years doing this, he has something he asks me at some point in his post beat up recovery..."I am creating my own nightmare, aren't I?" And just like that, he moves on and remembers that there are still flowers, and girls and dancing and whatever else he loves in life. I try and take a lesson from him. Its hard to see that the nightmare is self created.

I've been sleeved 3 years ago exactly today. It's been a wild ride and there have been bumps in the road. But at the end of the day I'm so forever grateful that I took this step to reclaim my health. Fasting today AND it's double workout day, so I'm sitting here at the computer and drinking Water and dreaming of when dinner is gonna roll around. I'm at 225 right now, so hope to stick right around 500.

Big congrats! I will be there with you January 18th. Just think, the time could have passed without the sleeve, and where would we be now? For all the difficulties, I know in my heart I would weight at least 90 pounds more than I do now.

i bought Quest Protein Bars for my mexico trip and pretty much ate them all before i left. my nut warned me that the road to hell is paved with protien bars and other candy like health foods.

My appetite skyrocketed post surgery - i am told because the body needs the food for healing, I have stayed eating very healthy foods, but I swear double quantity. between that and Fluid, I am afraid to step on the scale when I get home. :)

So, my recovery has been easier then expected, no complications and as bet I can tell I am going to have good results. For some reason, right at this moment I am regretting it. I dont think it has anything to do with the surgery, I think it is something else I am not fully able to feel yet.

I think it relates to my real fear... the big one I have so far put off frankly... the "WHAT NEXT" question. My nonrelationship of 15 years is officially ended, I have a part-time /FWB type boyfriend, a career I am bored with, tons of great friends and yet not really that best friend, love my horses... though. Not sure that ride ride ride is really the answer to life's problems. Beats the crap out of looking for it at the bottom of a bottle or a box of Oreos, but, nontheless, does not really seem to make for a full life.

I feel like I sorta missed out on so much being hugely obese for so long, I don't feel like I need to make up for all that, but there is a little grief over it. I know I am lucky to have good health, a good job, physical attractiveness etc - but, its like I am all dressed up with no place to go.

melocoly day for alot of us I gues