Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For me, 5:2 cured me of snacking at night. I would diet really good all day long, eat low calorie and low carb, then at night I would have one sf snack after another. Maybe a sf pudding, then a sf fudsicle, then a sf chocolate, you get the picture, All those calories added up.

And it also taught me to count calories on my regular days. I always thought if I exercised, I had extra calories coming. Now I try to eat less than 1300 calories on regular days, plus exercise. So it's coming out at around 1,000 per day.

OD.. I am exactly the same way.. Can be really good all day long. Passing by the snack setup at work, WIN!, passing up the candy trap in the Grocery check out WIN! Fighting the urge to buy chips and the gas station WIN!. Eating a healthy diner, cooking the Pasta or potatoes for the fam and not putting any on my plate WIN!. OH..Brown your really in control. Then I settle down to watch some TV.. I deserve a few minutes to just sit right? Commercial.. time for my snack .. which I have planned into my plan for the day. I eat my delicious SF pudding. Then something happens in my brain.. All the strength to have those WINS!! are gone. My brain says.. you've been so good today one more SF snack will not hurt! URGH!!.. Then mindlessly I find myself eating some nuts (nuts are good for you). And so the night time cycle begins.. OD sounds real familiar. So while I'm back in "DIET MODE" oh how I hate that. During FAST nights not eating at night is something my brain can handle and I have FAST night WINS! by not eating after I complete my meal and planned snack. I agree that 5:2 has helped in that way. I'm off for my typically weekend of shopping, this is the last weekend before the gala 50th anniversary party I'm hosting for my favorite aunt and uncle. 100 guest, catered affair, decorations, wrangling vendors (djs, cooks, florists, photographers and most hardest to wrangle my controlling aunt. Fun times. Sounds like a pain.. but I actually enjoy this stuff. Keeps me busy and takes my mind off eating. What are your weekends like?

Nighttime sucks for me too....still!

I lose all control.

Ok girls have a good weekend.

Im going to a wedding I've been feeling under the weather for days now so I'm not sure that I'll party too much.

But we will see.

Brown that sounds so fun and a huge project! I'm sure it will be a blast! I just try to plan evening snack, like you. Most of the time that is enough, i am actually full from dinner when I eat my snack... bad habit Im sure, but it really keeps me from snacking anything else. Home made pudding for me.... with Peanut Butter or 60% cocoa chocolate chips, cool whip... the works, all planed in the morning. Its a meal really, with lots of calories (150-300 depending on content), and a chunk of protein... It keeps me on the straight and narrow pretty well... unless I'm away from the house for the night!

Brown I could use some ideas here with party planning. My daughter is having a baby girl. Her friend is supposed to be doing her baby shower but she isn't doing anything to plan it. My daughter wanted to have it at the conference room at the library cause it's a big room with a kitchen. She is a labor and delivery nurse. So there will be hospital people there, as well as family.

I finally met with the girl and we looked up lady bug decorations online and I ordered some things. My daughter wanted the theme to be lady bugs.

I have no idea what to do for food. The other girl is supposed to do deserts. What's any easy finger food to prepare. I am going to order stuff too.

Oh and I broke up with my bf of 2 1/2 years today. It's pretty painful. I went and had frozen yogurt instead of dinner. We had a big fight last wed. and I have really been thinking about whether or not I want him in my life. I finally decided that he does nothing that makes me happy. I hate being alone. That's the only purpose he serves.

Edited by Oregondaisy

Holy crap Georgia, you've lost over 30 lbs with 5:2? I hadn't realized you had been so successful, right on!!!!

Fast day today, flax seed, green drink, green tea, Liquid Protein, giant salad, homemade vinaigrette. No appetite lately, even the thought of food makes me queasy, not to mention the smell ... all I want to do is drink warm tea and lay curled up in bed. All of my foods in the last few days - boullion, pumpkin seeds, jerky- have all been super salty, and I've been super thirsty, prior to the eating of the salty foods. Are these signs of dehydration? Was I craving salt because I was dehydrated? Salt and fat, I had some mayo in my tuna last night and I nearly swooned.

I hope you get my box soon Globe!!!

Crikey OD, you are very brave - hope you are ok, be kind to yourself.

GT, salty food has the same affect on me too, make me thirsty which is hard work with a tiny tummy that has no room for water! Sometimes, if you are craving it, it probably means that your body needs it. Not sure about the signs of dehydration though.

Brown I could use some ideas here with party planning. My daughter is having a baby girl. Her friend is supposed to be doing her baby shower but she isn't doing anything to plan it. My daughter wanted to have it at the conference room at the library cause it's a big room with a kitchen. She is a labor and delivery nurse. So there will be hospital people there, as well as family.

I finally met with the girl and we looked up lady bug decorations online and I ordered some things. My daughter wanted the theme to be lady bugs.

I have no idea what to do for food. The other girl is supposed to do deserts. What's any easy finger food to prepare. I am going to order stuff too.

Oh and I broke up with my bf of 2 1/2 years today. It's pretty painful. I went and had frozen yogurt instead of dinner. We had a big fight last wed. and I have really been thinking about whether or not I want him in my life. I finally decided that he does nothing that makes me happy. I hate being alone. That's the only purpose he serves.

OD So sorry to hear about your breakup, never a good time in a persons life even its ultimate for the best. On a happier note, congratulations on becoming a grandma. Do you have other grands or is this your first? I had my first grand two years ago. that's what pushed me to do the surgery. I have two year old grandson and my daughter living with me.. such joy. HMMM finger foods for a baby shower ? If you like to cook, follow Eggfaces easy recipe for mini quiches they are good, can be made in advance and warmed up at the party, mini muffin tins can make plenty, and you can enjoy them guilt free. Another suggestion and I always include this is cold cut plate, add cheeses and bread, , red and black tooth pics to help guest pick up their cold cuts. add a tray of lettuce, Tomato and pickles. I've also made a fruit bowl. May not have this stuff in season. Take a watermelon hollow it out ( save for later ) add cantelope, grapes, strawberries, etc to the inside of the hollow watermelon. Looks really nice. And one last thing.. take strawberries , dip in chocolate (google lady bug strawberries). Have fun

YIKES! Sometimes a change is in order, glad you figured out what you don't need in your life. Best of luck with that and the Party. Browns Idea about the quiches is a good one, and you can use different fillings to add variety.

OD, sorry about the loneliness and pain that you are feeling. I look at you as a strong woman for doing what you did. You knew he was not making you happy and you decided to make a change even though you knew it would hurt. Hugs to you!

Do you have Pinterest? There are so many cute ideas on there for parties. It is addicting...

Brown I could use some ideas here with party planning. My daughter is having a baby girl. Her friend is supposed to be doing her baby shower but she isn't doing anything to plan it. My daughter wanted to have it at the conference room at the library cause it's a big room with a kitchen. She is a labor and delivery nurse. So there will be hospital people there' date=' as well as family. I finally met with the girl and we looked up lady bug decorations online and I ordered some things. My daughter wanted the theme to be lady bugs. I have no idea what to do for food. The other girl is supposed to do deserts. What's any easy finger food to prepare. I am going to order stuff too. Oh and I broke up with my bf of 2 1/2 years today. It's pretty painful. I went and had frozen yogurt instead of dinner. We had a big fight last wed. and I have really been thinking about whether or not I want him in my life. I finally decided that he does nothing that makes me happy. I hate being alone. That's the only purpose he serves.[/quote']

Aww, that sucks OD! But, as you said if all you get out of the relationship is a "body" there, not worth continuing. Focus on yourself for a while and your soon to arrive baby! We will be here to cheer you on!

Holy crap Georgia' date=' you've lost over 30 lbs with 5:2? I hadn't realized you had been so successful, right on!!!! Fast day today, flax seed, green drink, green tea, liquid Protein, giant salad, homemade vinaigrette. No appetite lately, even the thought of food makes me queasy, not to mention the smell ... all I want to do is drink warm tea and lay curled up in bed. All of my foods in the last few days - boullion, pumpkin seeds, jerky- have all been super salty, and I've been super thirsty, prior to the eating of the salty foods. Are these signs of dehydration? Was I craving salt because I was dehydrated? Salt and fat, I had some mayo in my tuna last night and I nearly swooned.[/quote']

Right at 30, closing on on 31-32. 177 down to 147 now.

Yeah, I am depressed today. I woke up with a headache and siatica. I can hardly walk. I haven't even gotten dressed. I gained wieght back, of course from my little sundae . But I've got my head in this losing and I'll only pamper myself for one day.

Back to the gym tomorrow. Funny though, I don't feel like eating.

Well I gotta 'fess! I've had a shocking weekend, that has followed a shitty week. Lots of stress eating and crap food at that today! I really have tested my lil sleeve today, and this isn't my 'normal' behaviour. Not good!

I don't tend to look for food anymore. I really do need to have a lil word with myself!

Need to fast tomo and get back to the gym, cos I just feel lethargic and 'fat'! And I don't like this feeling...