Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ms skinniness, you are already so skinny.. cut yourself some slack

Georgia, same to you, all humans ocassionally comfort eat or over indulge. what separates a normie from an obese person is the frequency and there is an end to it..haha. I think you did good.

All u drinkers of green tea -why? so many teas actually taste good.

Why cant I access this forum from my phone?

I am scared of general anesthesia so the twilight was actually a plus for me. I get sick from general. Here is the crazy thing... I did wake up a couple of times and asked if we were done. I was out again before I got an answer. There was no trauma, I couldnt feel antthing and just remember seeing blue scrubs.It was dreamlike. I knew it would liikely happen and it was no problem. When I awoke in recioveryb I was sharp and alert and no nasuea. I felt great- no anthestia hangover or fog

ms skinniness' date=' you are already so skinny.. cut yourself some slack Georgia, same to you, all humans ocassionally comfort eat or over indulge. what separates a normie from an obese person is the frequency and there is an end to it..haha. I think you did good. All u drinkers of green tea -why? so many teas actually taste good. Why cant I access this forum from my phone? I am scared of general anesthesia so the twilight was actually a plus for me. I get sick from general. Here is the crazy thing... I did wake up a couple of times and asked if we were done. I was out again before I got an answer. There was no trauma, I couldnt feel antthing and just remember seeing blue scrubs.It was dreamlike. I knew it would liikely happen and it was no problem. When I awoke in recioveryb I was sharp and alert and no nasuea. I felt great- no anthestia hangover or fog[/quote']

Glad to see you are doing well, CGJ! And I was fully intending to ENJOY that food, Jane! Lol. But for some strange reason sleeve kicked in and I up chucked it all!! So strange

And I agree with Jane on the Ms Skinniness! Whose name says it all! Ha!!

Okay, I had to read more than ten pages to catch up - shame on me for never coming around!

From what I remember:

Cathy, I hope your husband is doing well.

GT, I'm so happy to hear from you because I have thought of you a number of times since the shutdown. Hubs does work with several regions where contractors were actually sent home, so I wondered what was up with you. Sorry about the health things - you know the health care they give us is lacking. I, too, have a laundry list of concerns I have to follow up on at later visits because nobody is ever really interested in delving into the cause of some of my issues. In any case, I hope the Zoloft helps. It does suppress appetite, and yeah, so does the green tea.

Congrats to our ladies losing and closing in on goal. I'm happy for you, but yeah, kinda disappointed in myself. Though true adherence to any form of regular diet isn't anything I've done lately. It's been mad around here.

CBJ, amazing post about confidence, and also, wishes for a speedy recovery. How exciting!

Brown, nice to meet you! Haven't seen you post much, but then, I haven't been around much.

So, let's see. We're doing okay. I've been MIA because everyone in the family did the sick rounds over the last ten days. Today is actually the very first day we're all healthy at the same time! I'm officially off my hormonal birth control and we're trying to figure out a new regimen. I had posted briefly about it, but that cycle I was on? I'm STILL on it, and it's been 33 days.

Good news, though - as soon as I got off the hormones, my appetite went away and I lost four pounds. I'm back 142 and hoping that with a better feeling of control (I feel absolutely out of control with my food when I'm hormonal, so the last month has been a struggle) I can adhere to 5:2 and get back to losing. I have done 5:2 this week, just rather loosely as far as the fasting hours go. I did do a 500 calorie fast (okay, it was actually 511, sue me) on Monday and plan to fast again Thursday. I have also been feasting, yes, on my other days but I find that now that the hormones are going back to normal I'm able to focus on better choices. So my eating's actually been better since last Friday than it has been in a while. I'm eating regularly, eating pretty good choices most of the time and did one fast so far this week. I feel almost human again!

In any case, I have really missed the support I get here but just go entire days when the very first time I'll sit down for the day is to read the twins their bedtime story. I find I have a very limited amount of time, and hate to spend my evenings away from hubs and on the computer, ya know?

Hope everyone is well - I am going to commit to coming here at least once a day, if only to check in. Fasting tomorrow, and I already have my day planned. Feasting tonight. Kids and hubs are having pizza but I find I can only eat one slice so it's just not something I really get excited about anymore...I can, however, go after hot wings with gusto, and fully intend to do so. :)

~Cheri

And a special shout out to Laura, just because she's cool. :) And of course, my buddy coops, who is awesome and looks it in her new pic. Oh yeah, and let us not forget Sheila (M2G) who deserves a special hug for finally finding the method to shed pounds with some small measure of regularity. You've had a struggle! And did I read that FYE is closing in on goal shortly? What?! Amazing work!

~Cheri

P.S. Where's Sweetums? And good to see Chimera and sarsar posting a few pages back!

Cheri, glad to see that you are back, it's hard to be off the board for a few days isn't it? It's funny that on the days we do post not a lot seems to happen but the day(s) we don't log on the site explodes with stories and feedback.

It is good that you are getting the hormones under control and are returning to the 5:2 method.

Hubby is OK now, still stressed but no other physical signs so that is good.

Edited by UK Cathy

Glad to hear the surgery went well! Sending healing thoughts your way. Getting ready to leave at the buttcrack of dawn for all points south (L.A. - Disneyland - meeting up with tons of friends and family - don't know how 5:2 will fare this week - I am thinking of just kicking it up a notch when I get back. Birthday week here I come - happy 19th anniversary of my 30th birthday ;) see you guys in a week!

Chimera.. Happy Birthday!! and enjoy your trip . Having just come back from a long weekend away with the family I can testify 5:2 was not in the plan. I ate like I was on vacation ( not a good idea ). It took me 5 weeks to lose 3 pounds and I gained it all back in a weekend. I did however enjoy my trip!!.. So be careful or get ready to get right back on the horse.

Oh my lots going on here!

Skinniness don't be down you are skinny. But I know being down sometimes isn't always about our weight..

Georgia throwing up? Ugh I wonder if it was just stress of the day also? Take care..

Cathy, Portugal? Such an exciting life you have! We go nowhere exciting it seems..

Swizzly, hang on there.. Thyroids can be tricky :(

Daisy, 139??? Yay! (And jealous) :P

Coops, I hope your headaches are over..

Clk,

I'm glad you hormones are evening out again. It's so hard already without having your hormonal balance thrown off!! Glad to see you today :)

Yes it's hard to catch up! I've been gone today and it's a lot off updates!

So you just need to come back more often :D

Yes were is sweetums???

Ok went to bed actually hungry last night... Still holding steady at 152.

Oh hi brown! Yep I'm going out of town this weekend for a wedding... food and drink oh my!

Cathy glad your husband is doing well.

:)

And Jane! You are such a strong woman, I know what you are going through is hard (and painful)

But you are handling it like nobody's business!

Edited by laura-ven

Yeah... this is pretty rugged. lower body lift, boobs, small thigh lift and arm lift all together. Only time will tell if this was a horrible or good idea to do so much at once, but a single 9 hour surgery done using epidural and twilight sedation. One 6 week stint off work,just more do-able for me versus doing it over 3 surgeries in the usa.

I will in the clinic a few more days andget amazing care. There are like 2 nurses for one patient. Tonight I met the chef who cooks our food... really very different then any american medical experience I have had. The worst part is the very tight garments... they are torturous but necessary.

CWJ.. I don't know much about cosmetic surgery, but I do know about surgery and I'm glad your getting good care. I'm sure you'll look even more amazing. I'm curious about the bat wing removal. If I'm not too forward, hope to see some pics when your all healed.

Thanks Laura, didn't think anyone noticed I was around. ( BOO HOO) Really pissed took me 5 weeks to lose 3 pound and gained them back in a weekend. Gonna try fasting Monday ( done ) , Wednesday ( in the middle of ) and Friday to see if I can get going again. This has been my saga. Lose a few gain them back.. never going over my 255.. but never really going down.. URGH!!.. Reading the posts of all the success and close to goal gives me encouragement to keep going. I might have to start with the dreaded Exercise !!

Thanks Laura' date=' didn't think anyone noticed I was around. ( BOO HOO) Really pissed took me 5 weeks to lose 3 pound and gained them back in a weekend. Gonna try fasting Monday ( done ) , Wednesday ( in the middle of ) and Friday to see if I can get going again. This has been my saga. Lose a few gain them back.. never going over my 255.. but never really going down.. URGH!!.. Reading the posts of all the success and close to goal gives me encouragement to keep going. I might have to start with the dreaded Exercise !![/quote']

Brown, trust me, I'm not into exercise either but when I stepped up my walking regime, my losses increased. You just MIGHT ( I did say might :)) be forced to. Lol. Gotta shake it up sometimes to start these bodies losing again.

Lol brown. We see you our attention spans are short though :P

Oh yes that dreaded exercise between you and I??

I HATE it

But I try to get some in everyday because damn if it doesn't help (a little)

Cheri, hi again! I think my hormones are peri menopausal and completely whacked half the time. Sucks cos yeah, food choices start to feel less like choices... If you're done having kids, an ablation might be a good option?

Brown, if you don't like exercise, get yourself a Fitbit. That little tyrant with its smiley-face badges will have you walking around the block extra times just to reach the daily goals lol! 10,000 steps is not too hard to do tho...

L-V, thanks. :-) I'm having motivation problems in terms of getting to the dr for bloodwork to check the levels. Sometimes I feel fine and like I can do it all no probs, and sometimes I'm surprised how we humans get out of bed every morning and go out into the wild wooly world... I'm def in the latter mode just now.

FitBit ?? I'll have to Google that. I wear a pedometer and during the week I average about 5,000 steps.. on the weekends easy 9000 - 10000. Finished my Wednesday Fast. less than 500 calories. Drinking Green Tea then bed.. Good Day.

I was pretty good today as far as staying on plan. AND I exercised. So I am really hoping to get down below 140 and stay there.

I am so with Brown on how much it sucks to try so hard to lose 3 lbs and it's so easy to barely look at food at gain it back.

I remember one time I gained 9 lbs on a 1 week cruise and it took me 4 months to lose it.

I am learning that I just can't eat sweets. I can choose either wear the clothes in my closet, or eat sweets and buy a while new wardrobe. I am not one who can take it or leave it. If I eat sweets, it starts up a whole new cycle that is so hard to break.

Why has it taken me so many years to learn this? hmmm