Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm confessing. My weekend has been one pretty messy eating fare. Too many Snacks and not great food choices. When I look at my overall diary versus the amount of exercise I managed to squeeze in Sat and Sun, it doesn't appear too bad calorie wise. What feels bad is my eating choices overall. Yes, they were all feast days and yes, I CAN eat more on those days but there were too many carb laden choices-leaving me feeling kinda bloated.

It's been my habit over the last few weeks and I've been typically making my Mondays (pre fast day) lower cals which I will do again tomorrow hopefully.

Staying within my 3lb bounce range before a fast after four days of eating so I'll take it but no more choices like these last couple days. :(.

Okay, I've confessed. Moving on! :)

I had my face lift done in Mexico. Everyone tells me it's the best one they have ever seen. It looks very natural. My friend had hers done here in Oregon, in Portland, and her face is numb too.

Originally, the dr. told me that the numbness would go away after 6 months. It's a lot better but it's not gone. I really need to go on the plastics board on OH and find out how common this is.

I had a good eating day and a good exercise day. I was at the gym for 3 hours. I did eat 3 little tootsie rolls but not many other carbs. I hope the scale is nice to me in the morning, and I hope with tomorrow's fast, I can drop below 140.

GT, I'd totally get my arms done first too. And my disgusting turkey wattle neck. :unsure:

It's not unusual to have numbness following any kind of surgery that severs nerves (which is basically any kind of surgery anywhere LOL). Six months is pretty optimistic for saying it will go away already, IMO. Sometimes it takes years, and sometimes it just stays numb for good basically. Nerves do take a LOOOONNNNG time to heal and reconnect etc. I had a hysterectomy back in 2007 and parts of my lower stomach are still numb. I have also had some problems with leg nerves going funky and it takes forever for them to get right again, even without any surgery or cutting having been involved. I had a piriformis injury that got my sciatic nerve all in a spasm and even though it is all better now, my right foot still has numb bits from that -- doctor said six months minimum to get that all back. I automatically move that to a year, having had the problem before. Kinda sucks...

Happy Monday, all. I'm doing a fast day, here goes nuthin...

Today is a fast day, I drank hot tea all morning, then made hot flaxmeal - 2 TBSP cracked flaxseed, boiling Water, and a splash of SF brown sugar cinammon Syrup. For dinner I will have a salad of 3 oz red kidney Beans, 5 oz shredded chicken, 2 TBSP homemade vinaigrette, 1/4 cup carrots, and 2 cups greens. This is a lot of food by volume, plus a lot of roughage, so I will eat twice, half at 5pm, the rest at 7pm. It may sound wierd, my timeline of eating, but I know that I am a night nibbler and I would rather it be proper foods rather than nibble cheating. Total cals for the day, 634, more importantly my Fiber is 14.1 - poor for a normal person, a triumph for me :P

I'm confessing. My weekend has been one pretty messy eating fare. Too many Snacks and not great food choices. When I look at my overall diary versus the amount of exercise I managed to squeeze in Sat and Sun, it doesn't appear too bad calorie wise. What feels bad is my eating choices overall. Yes, they were all feast days and yes, I CAN eat more on those days but there were too many carb laden choices-leaving me feeling kinda bloated.

It's been my habit over the last few weeks and I've been typically making my Mondays (pre fast day) lower cals which I will do again tomorrow hopefully.

Staying within my 3lb bounce range before a fast after four days of eating so I'll take it but no more choices like these last couple days. :(.

Okay, I've confessed. Moving on! :)

Can I make my confession too...

Hummm, you sound like my TWIN this weekend! I came on here and said "oh my mom will be in town and I tend to eat poorly, make bad food choices etc. and this weekend I will not." Harumpf. So there may have been some apple crisp, ice cream and Cookies involved in this weekend. Gah!

Never was I more excited for fast day today! :) Moving on...

Sounds like the weekend has been a minefield for a few of us!

I was ok Saturday morning; carried on as usual... hubby cooked some food (kids were both out) and it was lovely. Within half an hour, i had a really bad Headache so I had a little lie down. The the Migraine from hell caught me and put me in bed for 6 hrs! I had a terrible night's sleep sat-sun and was tossing and turning; pain in my head, felt sick and dizzy. I haven't had a really bad attack like this for a long time (I do suffer Migraines, but usually I can cope with them!).

Sunday I just felt blurgh, it really wiped me out. I wasn't really worrying about what I was eating as long as it didn't make me sick. I still feel nauseous today, so being a fast day I am hoping that it will go away and my lil tummy can rest. I've managed to finish work early, so I am going to go for a lie down before the kids come home and I have to run them around!

Lets hope tomo is a better day!

I confess, I had a bad weekend, too. I didn't eat a lot of food but what I did eat was not good. My PMS this month is terrible. I was in bed a lot of the weekend crying and feeling sorry for myself. Since I had surgery my PMS is off the charts bad. I'm not sure if it was the surgery, the weight loss or turning 40 or all of the above. Does anyone else have this issue?

I'm also struggling because I have a hip injury and a pulled calf muscle that has hindered my exercise and it's driving me crazy not being able to get out there and exercise like I normally do.

Today is a fast day. I can do this.

GT, I like to hold off my eating on my fast days until later in the afternoon because I would rather eat in the evenings. I love to have popcorn before bed so I make sure to figure that into my calories for the day.

Sounds like the weekend has been a minefield for a few of us!

I was ok Saturday morning; carried on as usual... hubby cooked some food (kids were both out) and it was lovely. Within half an hour, i had a really bad Headache so I had a little lie down. The the Migraine from hell caught me and put me in bed for 6 hrs! I had a terrible night's sleep sat-sun and was tossing and turning; pain in my head, felt sick and dizzy. I haven't had a really bad attack like this for a long time (I do suffer Migraines, but usually I can cope with them!).

Sunday I just felt blurgh, it really wiped me out. I wasn't really worrying about what I was eating as long as it didn't make me sick. I still feel nauseous today, so being a fast day I am hoping that it will go away and my lil tummy can rest. I've managed to finish work early, so I am going to go for a lie down before the kids come home and I have to run them around!

Lets hope tomo is a better day!

Hugs coops! I hope today is better for you!!!

managed an hour in bed before the kids got home... still got a banging headache though! At least my appetite has hit the floor! Feeling blurgh!

managed an hour in bed before the kids got home... still got a banging Headache though! At least my appetite has hit the floor! Feeling blurgh!

:( sorry coops... I get headaches and Migraines too. For me they come and I will keep getting them everyday for a week or so even waking up with them. I too get them after eating a meal!

I find that so odd..

I'm so sorry about your Migraine Coops. I get bad headaches but I've never had a Migraine. I hope you have medication for it that will give you some relief. My daughter gets bad Migraines.

I am bummed that all that cardio didn't do much as far as the scale goes. I lost maybe half a lb.

Fasting today and no Allen around to get me off track.

Oh and my face lift was over 2 years ago, so I don't think this numbness that is left is going away.

Edited by Oregondaisy

Hi Ladies. I'm back from weekend in New York. Didn't fast those days in fact, right in line with everyone.. carbs, fries, NY pizza (ohh.. if you like Pizza, then NY pizza in my humble opinion is the best), cheesecake deserts. Anyway.. I'm back and found of course I gained a pound.. so fasting today. Harder then usual because I'm not at work today. but so far..mid day doing good. Start the day with Protein hot chocolate, green tea later, then salad. saving for diner and evening snack. I bought Artic Zero bars.. never had them before. I'll keep my expectations low and hope they hit the spot for an evening chocolate snack. I also purchased, Dry Roasted Edammame.. Have never had those before, but I"ve read they are a good protein snack. So I'll give them a try. your also all doing so well in the 100's ( that's oneder-land right? ) I feel kinda out there with over 50 pounds to lose before I'm under 200 pounds. But I'm forging ahead. Helps to keep in touch.

Well a nice quiet weekend for me and hubby. We were not able to see MIL as the home had a bout of winter sickness and all visits were cancelled. Bad for her, we did tel, but good for us as we had a complete break and hubby got a bit of a rest.

The scales are the same again this week (2 in a row) and I have to admit I am a little disappointed. I do think though that my fluids have decreased a lot over this past week and I must put that right. The temperature has dropped significantly and it is hard to drink the plain Water.

Sorry to hear you are feeling bad coops, hope it is not this sickness that is doing the rounds.

Visitors this week (SIL and family), hope I can keep it altogether. My fast days are tues and thurs and as I work both those days it should be ok to stick to them. I must be careful on the other days, I have planned out the food to avoid any pitfalls.

It sounds like people are having a bit of a tough time at the moment so come on all gather around and let's have a group ((((HUG)))).

Love to all

managed an hour in bed before the kids got home... still got a banging Headache though! At least my appetite has hit the floor! Feeling blurgh!

Maybe you have a touch of viral along with the headache. Stuff going around. Hope you are better soon!