Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FYE.. Your right, I try not to deprive myself, I save the final calories for a snack. Jello SF chocolate mousse one of my favorite Snacks. Goal is to stop at one. I'm heading out on a quick trip to NY this weekend. My oldest son is receiving his Black Belt in Korean Martial Art Hwa Rang Do, my hubby teaches. Family trip.. driving 10 hours , then shopping ( besides eating one of my favorite things to do ). I'm not the kayaking, hiking type, but I hope you have a great time, stay safe. Ladies.. tomorrow is a new day.. hope it starts looking up for everyone.

Ladies - there is a topic already in food & Nutrition called "Coconut Oil Convert" It's mostly people all asking questions without providing any answers, but the topic exists already so I didn't start a new one, just added my own comment onto the thread.

Weigh in Monday, 174 same as last week. Busy weekend with work, getting son back to university and husband in ER! He is fine but in church on Saturday pm he felt strange and had chest pain. Luckily a doctor was in the congregation so he checked him out, he thought he was fine but suggested a trip to hospital to confirm. The kept him 24 hrs for obs. Everything looks ok but they are going to do a ultrasound and stress test as an outpatient. I think I know what the problem is he is under an incredible stress with work, he is the CEO of a manufacturing company and manufacturing is so tough at the moment. He is in competition with cheaper goods from the Far East and component prices just keep going up and up. He is back at work today!

I am fasting today and I am having 2 of my yoghurt combos: I use frozen raspberries (thawed) add 0% Greek yoghurt! oats and I keep a mixture of stevia/cinnamon in my cupboard and add that. The 80g/100g/20g combo comes in at 154 calories and I will have a larger portion tonight 120g/150g/20g which comes in at 196 which gives a total of 350. I will have the smaller one about 12.30 and the larger one about 6pm. I am working a 1-9 shift today and everyone in work always think that my dinner looks delicious. I explain I am doing the 5:2 and it is a fast day (no one knows about op). It means that when I get home from work I still have 150 calories to play with. I will more than likely have some cold chicken as the combos only give me 32g of Protein and I will need to pump that up, if I don't feel like eating I will use a Protein Shake to get the Protein in.

Coops my trainer gave me a sheet on coconut oil ( just something from internet) and it recommended stir frying with it, baking or using it to replace spread. When you on half term? Send a pm.

Georgia hope your neck/back? Is feeling better. I have one of those mattresses, I love it, but it is heavy to lift at the corners when changing the fitted sheet.

Hope everyone else is fine and that they have a good week

Well, my lovelies...yesterdays FAST day was going great...until...BOOK CLUB. I was able to say NO to red wine, but somehow the cheesecake just found a new home inside my belly. :wacko:

Sigh, today is a new day.

Georgia...sorry about your neck, I hope that heals quickly for you. Have you ever been to a chiro? I pulled my neck (years ago!) and waited 3 weeks in pain before someone suggested a chiro to me and it worked like a charm.

Cathy...sorry about your husband...gosh that is scary. I hope that everything continues to be okay with him. Sounds like he needs to find ways to reduce that stress!

Coops...again on the same page with you (well except mine was cheesecake related...) but sorry you had an off day. Hugs my dear friend.

I'm going to dig around for an article I read about the coconut oil...(thanks for the links Coops!) I susbscribe to a newsletter called Nutrition Action and it really tries to give a hard look at things (nutritionally speaking) and basically is a good resource. I can't remember exactly what it said about the coconut oil thing but that it was part true and part hype. Lemme see if I can find it...

http://www.cspinet.org/nah/articles/coconut-oil.html

Okay, just realized they keep all their archives online...anyone who is bored and wants some good solid nutritional advice spend some time over at NA reading through all their articles. Great stuff.

GT I hope you get to the bottom of what's going on with you soon. It's frustrating to not know and have medical professionals misdiagnosis the problem. but hey, you got a free trip to Germany and got to go sight seeing. :P

Kathy hope your DH can decrease his stress load and feels better really soon.

Coops I am so excited your seeing 159 finally! CONGRATS!

Georgia you continue to rock my boat and re-energize me to get back on track when I fall off.....

This is a really great support group.....

M2G I love the info on the coconut oil, cinnamon and salt in coffee....sounds delicious.....

Today I'm going to fast. My weight keeps fluctuating about 2 lbs so today it's time to get it off.....

My biggest problem is eating Protein Bars and Protein Shakes still. I think it's time to get back to regular food now. More dense Proteins will work great for me...

Have a wonderful day everyone.... :P

Cathy,

My well wishes to your husband, hope he's doing better.

I have nothing to add to the coconut oil besides the fact I see it marketed everywhere now?

So good for you? Or new fad??

Ok fast today and I can use it!

I had a bit if depression this weekend, funny how that and carbs go hand in hand...

Happy day to the 5:2 girls today :)

We can use it!

I know that bad day feeling coops..

I have to say looking at your avatar pic, you look very slim for a 29 bmi....

Thank you... funny you should say that - a lot of people underestimate my weight, saying I look a lot lighter than I actually am.

I had a very interesting convo with a good friend. She gave me some jean (obviously too big for her...lol...hmmm) and asked me how my weight loss/training was going cos I was looking smaller. I told her my new weight, and she was surprised at how 'heavy' I was because when she was 'my size' she weighed 10lbs lighter than me! She went on to say that she was surprised that I wear UK 14/12 because I look the same size as her - she is a UK10.

Nice to hear, but not true! hahahaa

Oh and the jeans that were UK12 fit lovely, in fact a little loose on the waist!

Cathy, I hope your hubby is ok... sending you cwtches x

Glad to say yesterday's 'funk' has gone and I am feeling a bit brighter... took some time out last night and endulged myself in some drawing - I find it a great stress release, even though I wasn't really stressed. My job sometimes really dampens my creativity and I just needed to 'get it out' - any way, here's the pic I drew of my son! It ain't perfect but it was a great tonic for me and he loves it.

We are going to redecorate his room soon and he want a graffiti theme, so I will try to replicate this on his wall... wish me luck!

post-3415-13838396148713_thumb.jpg

Oh and I saw the magic 159 again - do I change my ticker? Got through a fast day with no problems today and did a Zumba class after school, even though I didn't want to!

Going to bed feeling more optimistic tonight!

Wow coops that is awesome! You have talent!!

I'm glad your mood has picked up, I'm feeling a bit better too. When you get as down as I was this weekend the only direction there is, is up...

So I'm glad to be climbing out :)

And yes I would move that ticker, it's been there and it's a new low. So now you hold on for dear life and shoot for the next pound down,

At least that's what I do :P

Great job on the drawing Coop! And heck yes, post that 159 bad boy right now! If I see the shadow of a new low I post it then I have to work to make sure it stays that way!

My goodness Coop, you've got true talent! So funny that you are returning to drawing, as I have also, I bought some paints and a pad while in Germany and have been sketching/watercoloring up a storm since. I would post but I'm on a government computer and cannot insert any thumbdrives or anything. And Coops I would absolutely bet that if you went to a boutique and tried on a pair of UK10 jeans, they would fit. I have this perfect little black tee from a British label that I got at a thriftshop, at my fittest (crossfit maniac and approx 168 lbs) I wore that shirt and it draped perfectly, and you know you and I share pretty similar height and shape. We have to meet someday Coopie <3

Hi everyone!.. Glad to hear the blahs are going away. Coops such talent thanks for sharing. Cathy I am an IT Manager in a manufacturing company so I feel your pain. Manufacturing shutting down all over. Keep the faith. On another note, has anyone experienced nausea when waking up? I'm not sure this has anything to do with 5:2, but sort of.. Since on 5:2 my sleeve restriction is very evident. I feel fuller much faster and it is really obvious if I eat beyond full. That's a good thing, the tool is still doing its job, helps keep my portions smaller. I don't remember the morning nausea in my early sleeve days. Any thoughts? BTW since I've started I've lost about 3 pounds.. From 255 now 252 glad for that but it's taken me 5 weeks to get there. Will check in later have a great day.